• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Asia Selectees

CN: 2012AS00039xxx

I am already in US. With a case number this high, is it a good idea to do AOS? Will USCIS meet our strict deadline of Sep 2012 if I can't even begin to file I-485 until likely Aug 2012 (which is likely when case become will current).

Do I have any chance in general with a case number this high ? :/

CN: 2012AS00036XXX

hello all,
i have been reading this forum for hours. have the same question as (v1012dv) im now F1 visa go to school in California.

what are my chances if i did AOS? it will take about 4 mothes to finish the AOS, how can i predect when my case# becomes current? i have compared the last 4years of VB but couldnt figure my chances. :/

Hi hi my friend is ur number 2011AF or 2011AS...I think 2011AS...My number is 2011AS00042*** still waiting :(

@ maclaim, i think ur case will be current in September since August cut-off number is AS00039750. i feel i will be just in ur situation but next July, lol well, wish you a good luck. i am very confused on which is better to do AOS or CP? i didnt send anything yet.

I am also an F1 in US and I found out that I was selected 2 days ago. my case number is V high ...
could it possibly because of the redraw?

DV2012AS00056xxx

My friend won DV-2012

Hey guys,
Well, I am from Turkmenistan (Central Asia) but it's weird that my country is listed in Europe region in DV Lottery. So, anyway on saturday we checked CN number of my colleague and he got selected (case number around 17***,is it high?). Lucky him. I encouraged him to apply, but I wasn't selected :) Anyway, that doesn't matter. I am happy for him.I will apply this fall again.
Congrats to those who won DV-2012.
cheers,
Magtym

I am also an F1 in US and I found out that I was selected 2 days ago. my case number is V high ...
could it possibly because of the redraw?

DV2012AS00056xxx

well, lets keep reading the (DV2011 AOS Only) there are tons of info there. im wondering how much time in advance can USCIS apply for applicants at the end of the fiscal year like me and you?
it may be:
- once u see ur CN which is about 45 to 50 days in advance.
- 60 days in advance.
- 90 days in advance.
and again im talking abut the ones with hight case numbers only.
:)

So far the asians who got selected are the one that resides in US in various kinds of visa.
Is there any true winner that is residing in his/her native country?

CN: 2012AS00039xxx

I am already in US. With a case number this high, is it a good idea to do AOS? Will USCIS meet our strict deadline of Sep 2012 if I can't even begin to file I-485 until likely Aug 2012 (which is likely when case become will current).

Do I have any chance in general with a case number this high ? :/

Hey friend,
I am also in USA with F-1 status. My case number is 2012AS00028xxx. So far, I have not found good information or evidence if it is good idea to do AOS with such case number being high. I am not sure whether I gonna do CP or AOS. If you find any concrete evidence about success in the past years, please share. Meanwhile, I will keep updating as well.
Thank you,

CN:2012AS00028xxx

Hey friend,
I am also in USA with F-1 status. My case number is 2012AS00028xxx. So far, I have not found good information or evidence if it is good idea to do AOS with such case number being high. I am not sure whether I gonna do CP or AOS. If you find any concrete evidence about success in the past years, please share. Meanwhile, I will keep updating as well.
Thank you,

CN:2012AS00028xxx

I think 28k is not that high... mine is 56k. I am not sure what I am going to do... :<

2012 lucky-unlucky winner

I think 28k is not that high... mine is 56k. I am not sure what I am going to do... :<

I am a winner (?). I have that question mark coz my CN is 40k. I am pretty sure (found about it from different threads) that AOS is easier process if you are in the states but it's gonna take more time minimum 3 months as they have to do background checks, etc. So, for the winners like us with high case numbers, I think CP is better. That's just my thought. I am no expert. Anyways, keep posted.

CN: 2012AS000400**

However, I personally think there is gonna be something different in this year's cut-offs. hope for best high CN winners!!

Hi, everyone from Asia

I am also a selectee of FY-2012 with a CN AS00039xxx. I am in USA now with F1-OPT. I think everyone with the similar high CN is wondering which way we should go for. CP or AOS? I was happy in the beginning, but felt confused and worried after realizing the rules and Visa Bulletin for Asia in the past years.....

Hi, everyone from Asia

I am also a selectee of FY-2012 with a CN AS00039xxx. I am in USA now with F1-OPT. I think everyone with the similar high CN is wondering which way we should go for. CP or AOS? I was happy in the beginning, but felt confused and worried after realizing the rules and Visa Bulletin for Asia in the past years.....

Hey Firstman,
I am in the same situation (F1 and high cn) . Which country are you from?