• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

let me scrap the shit, wetin if person repair hin country wetin hin dey find for another man's.China has devalued America.

True talk bro. This Americans dey crazy. Them dey play wit our intelligence. Na who dem wan fool sef? I no blame dem sha. Na our stupid govt cause am.

China visa lottery is out...oh!!! Apply quickly!!!

let me scrap the shit, wetin if person repair hin country wetin hin dey find for another man's.China has devalued America.

@ferdiii,

I was even thinking that to win DV-2012 depends on how good your english is, or how much you can correct people on the language that doesn't belong to them. Anyway, that has always been Nigerian mentality (those who has never travelled out of Nigeria), they believe every oyibo man can speak a very gooooood english language, forgotten that many world superstars can't even speak english, and never care about that because it's not thier language, unless when they're desprately in need of it then they will go for it, and careless to even be 100% perfect in speaking, and writing it. See Ferdiii, if God help you to become whom suppose to be today, the english people will have to pay someone to interprit for you if you can't speak. Many doctors/surgeon/gny's from even Iran that earn monthly salary of over N3.5 million (equiv.) + house+tranport etc allowances; can't even speak go or come, but the hospital will have to employ someone to interprit for them.
Please don't misunderstand me brother, just wanna let you know that english is just a language of a country who are interested on influencing other languages... wetin german, italia even common china wan do with english, if he sabi am good, if not also very good 'cos business is going, and they're happy.
Just very soon ferdiii will move over to yankee, there he go know say no be all whitemen can express themselve talkless of writting it.

DON'T GO AWAY YET, JUST WAIT FOR THE 2ND BATCH OF THE DV-2012 RESULTS

@ferdiii,

I was even thinking that to win DV-2012 depends on how good your english is, or how much you can correct people on the language that doesn't belong to them. Anyway, that has always been Nigerian mentality (those who has never travelled out of Nigeria), they believe every oyibo man can speak a very gooooood english language, forgotten that many world superstars can't even speak english, and never care about that because it's not thier language, unless when they're desprately in need of it then they will go for it, and careless to even be 100% perfect in speaking, and writing it. See Ferdiii, if God help you to become whom suppose to be today, the english people will have to pay someone to interprit for you if you can't speak. Many doctors/surgeon/gny's from even Iran that earn monthly salary of over N3.5 million (equiv.) + house+tranport etc allowances; can't even speak go or come, but the hospital will have to employ someone to interprit for them.
Please don't misunderstand me brother, just wanna let you know that english is just a language of a country who are interested on influencing other languages... wetin german, italia even common china wan do with english, if he sabi am good, if not also very good 'cos business is going, and they're happy.
Just very soon ferdiii will move over to yankee, there he go know say no be all whitemen can express themselve talkless of writting it.

@ChosenOne, kindly post the official web site.
thks

Don't you think the Winning notification is significantly low this time around...what's up with this "batch by batch" thing everyone talking about?

Here is your answer.You have been played by DOS.Winners are very few l doubt theyre more than a thousand.

@ferdiii,

I thought we have settled this. Why can't you just improve on what you've not minding others. What is wrong in that? The lottery is a sham now and everybody knows it. Am not jobless here in Nigeria.Am cool and okay.Just needed to move around the world with an american pass.Some people still take in corrections, and I do too.

THAT IS BECAUSE THE WINNERS RESULT COMES BATCH-BY-BATCH.
House relax and try to re-check by 1st August (next month=14-days later). See there's no way all the results will be sent at the same time, even when it was being sent by post, it never comes at the same time.
Moreover how can 22,000 winners first notified on the May 1st, ok..., where were the remaning 78,000 winners.
House never panic yet, let us believe that it was just the first 22,000 winners notified for this July 15th result, and we may not be among this first batch of 22,000.
Ok.., come to think about it, 22,000 winners notified on the May 1st result, & 78,000 remaining winners would ignorantly give-up, lose hope and destroying their confirmation numbers??? By the way statement says: "HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED" so there is every chances that there should be another batch to be selected and notified. But this people should put this thing clear now..... come where are 6,000 Nigerias winners every year??

Wow Man,
You give us a lot of hope. :) I really like your theory about re-checking our numbers again.It really makes sense. Well, I am not going to destroy my CN until new application period starts for DV-2013. Chosen One, how long do you think we can check our status? I mean whole august or just the first week of august would be enough?

There is nothing like 2nd batch of winners.They used to send letters by batches and thats why they made the online check to be effient and elliminate the batch thing.
Sorry guys there is no other chance.

I'm over the moon!! I won after applying for 10 years.

Could someone please help me with my question?

I currently have an O1 visa. It was approved for that in August 2010. However I have never utilized it. It is still valid for another 2 years.

I am currently in Sydney, Australia.

Am I able to just send off my forms to Kentucky, and apply as usual through the US Consulate in Sydney.

OR

Because I have an O1, I HAVE TO do an Adjustment of Status?

From everything I've read, the process is much quicker and simpler doing it through the consulate here in Sydney. However I'm unsure if technically I'm meant to do an AOS?

Any advice??

# 2012OC000005XX