• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

@ Hello forumites.

I am reporting from Calabar, Nigeria. Not a single person, i say not a single person have won in a town of over 250,000 people. I work in an internet cafe, we help people apply for the lottery. I have checked over 600 entries so far, not a single winner. I repeat not a single winner. I don't know whats going on. I was a previous selectee, but now a July 15 non selectee. I think KCC have some questions to answer.
Possible all nigerian winners live in Lagos :cool:

I have a possibly stupid question, but apparently 22,000 people on 1st May were notified that their 'winning' entries were void, but I thought this lottery initially chooses around 100,000 preliminary winners, so why would it have been only 22,000 winners during the 1st May results?

I have a possibly stupid question, but apparently 22,000 people on 1st May were notified that their 'winning' entries were void, but I thought this lottery initially chooses around 100,000 preliminary winners, so why would it have been only 22,000 winners during the 1st May results?

it's a good question.

@muray what i mean is that the results of the new winners in there NL the date stated was May 1st which was the old winners date,so DOS made a mistake by putting May 1st in the NL of the new winners and later corrected it early this morning by changing it to July 15.So with all these one would say DOS has a problem or something is definately wrong somewhere and i believe the results are batch by batch, some are still coming up i dont want to explain much further.

I stand to be corrected!!

THAT IS BECAUSE THE WINNERS RESULT COMES BATCH-BY-BATCH.
House relax and try to re-check by 1st August (next month=14-days later). See there's no way all the results will be sent at the same time, even when it was being sent by post, it never comes at the same time.
Moreover how can 22,000 winners first notified on the May 1st, ok..., where were the remaning 78,000 winners.
House never panic yet, let us believe that it was just the first 22,000 winners notified for this July 15th result, and we may not be among this first batch of 22,000.
Ok.., come to think about it, 22,000 winners notified on the May 1st result, & 78,000 remaining winners would ignorantly give-up, lose hope and destroying their confirmation numbers??? By the way statement says: "HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED" so there is every chances that there should be another batch to be selected and notified. But this people should put this thing clear now..... come where are 6,000 Nigerias winners every year??

This is my first post and I am one of the winners!! I am from Spain.

Just two questions:
- I have just started now a one year work permit in Toronto and I would like to complete it (all the year long). My Case Number is low 2012EU00005XXX, if I send the forms late, about the beginning of August, could I have the interview late too (next year for example)?? I want to have the interview late but I don't want to risk to miss it for having sent it too late. What date do you recommend to me to send the forms if you put at my place?
- I am living in Toronto, can I process everything (send forms,interview,medical checkings..) from the Ottawa Embassy of United States?? or Would it be better to go and back to Spain to do it properly??

Thanks in advance for your help, if I can help you with something...just ask me.
Congrats all the other winners!!!

It's a low case number, some people have a case number which is 20000 or something like that. You have nothing to be worry about.
You see winni has 46000 that means his chances to get to the interview much more less.

Thank you! That makes sense. I really have no idea what's high or low, so I appreciate the help.

I have some questions about the adjustment of status. I guess I should open a new thread for that huh?

I really have no idea what's high or low

I think it works like that (I am not an expert, maybe someone will correct me). There are 55000 GC to be given, if you have a low CN (from 0 to 10,000) if you do your part quickly you will probably be into the group of happy winners of the GN. If you have a CS 2012XX000055001 and all the people before you got the GC you won't have your interview because there are not more visas available. The lower CN you have, the higher possibilites to win you have.
Low CN numbers from 0 - 10,000
High CN numbers from 45,000-100,000

Last edited by a moderator:
dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

I think it works like that (I am not an expert, maybe someone will correct me). There are 55000 GC to be given, if you have a low CN (from 0 to 10,000) if you do your part quickly you will probably be into the group of happy winners of the GN. If you have a CS 2012XX000055001 and all the people before you got the GC you won't have your interview because there are not more visas available. The lower CN you have, the higher possibilites to win you have.
Low CN numbers from 0 - 10,000
High CN numbers from 45,000-100,000

High case numbers are thinking by regional wise ... for ex: My case no is : 333XX. DV-2011 .. My case no is not high.. The highest case no from Asia 45000... Sometimes 45000 goes to miss the 2nd letter. however. DV-2010 The highest case number from Asia 34000. But ... i heard ... only until 32XXX called for an interview....

The case No is 2012XX00055001 .... 2012AS000550001.. is too high from Asia
The case No is 2012XX00055001 .... 2012AF000550001.. is not high case number
The case No is 2012XX00055001 .... 2012EU000550001.. is too high from Europe
The case No is 2012XX00055001 .... 2012OC000550001.. is too high from OC

Case No : 2011AS00033XXX (CITIZEN OF SRILANKA)
Enter the lottery : 2009 Oct
1st NL Received : 30/05/2010
Forms back to KCC : 04/07/2010
KCC received : 28/07/2010
2nd NL Received : 10/06/2011
Police clearance : done . (13/06/2011)
Medical : done (06/07/2011)
Interview Date : 7th July 2011 at US embassy,colombo
Interview successful: successful (My family get approval for the visa but embassy has rejected my visa)
Visa pickup : 12/07/2011
POE : Newark,NJ on next month
GC Received : waiting
SSN Received : waiting

Dv may be scrapped for good.

Judiciary Committee will be meeting on Wednesday to decide if they should scrap the Dv for good.
Source-The washington post.

Its better to scrap it off rather than playing games out there.
Things have somehow turned out to be unfair and there is nothing we can do rather then accept the loss.
Congrats to all winners.

I won in may, but didn't win now. I wish it could be opposite way. It's OK, may be next time:) Good luck to those who won!

Judiciary Committee will be meeting on Wednesday to decide if they should scrap the Dv for good.
Source-The washington post.

let me scrap the shit, wetin if person repair hin country wetin hin dey find for another man's.China has devalued America.