• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

Muraya...Hahaha..! Sory l couldnt help myself but laugh.Im sad but recently l cant help myself when reading some of the comments...

Good News about lost Confirmation Number!!!

Good News for those who lost or destroyed their confirmation number. You are given new confirmation number. I received an email from that DVLottery site,they apologized for the technical problems and told me that if I had lost or destroyed my confirmation number, I can click given link and receive new confirmation number with the same entrant information. But I guess old confirmation numbers are still valid to check on 15 of July. So wait for email from dvlotter official site.

What time did you receive the e-mail?

I received the letter on 19th of May,but it was written on 16th of May.It's from official site I am 100% sure. Not spam or other sh**,believe me.
But be careful not to delete emails in your inbox or spam folders of your email accounts. First, check both inbox and spam folders carefully, well my email account didn't categorize that letter as a spam email. It directly came to inbox folder. It is like From: no-reply@state.gov, so you don't reply just read the instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the e-mail as well and believe it to be authentic. Thank you for confirming your date of receipt. This means that e-mails are still being sent out.

Yes, May 16 is included in the text body of the e-mail. That does not mean that e-mails were sent only on the 16th. I received mine on the 18th.

Maju

Dont laugh @maju... But Tolu is not serious ama he is chinese or ethiopian? Their calendar is still in 2007....

I received the letter on 19th of May,but it was written on 16th of May.It's from official site I am 100% sure. Not spam or other sh**,believe me.
But be careful not to delete emails in your inbox or spam folders of your email accounts. First, check both inbox and spam folders carefully, well my email account didn't categorize that letter as a spam email. It directly came to inbox folder. It is like From: no-reply@state.gov, so you don't reply just read the instructions.

It didn't change.Nothing like old and new confirmation number. It is that same number

Clarification about email I have received!!!
Guys, I wanna make a correction about the email I've received. Actually, I got two e-mails from State.gov site. In the first one they've sent me my original confirmation number for Dv-2012, well that's fine and the second email also had a confirmation number which was not mine, it was my brother's. Yesterday evening I 've recalled helping my brother to apply for DV Lottery,for his application we used my email address. Thats why I received 2 emails. 1st CN is mine and the 2nd CN is brother's. So DO NOT PANIC!!! Everybody gets their own original confirmation numbers in their emails sent from State.gov.

Hey, did you notice that the majority of winners of DV-2012 on the May 1st, applied on the first day of DV-2012 application, that is on 5th of October 2010? When I checked this forum on the 1st of May I was shocked to see the winners applied on the same date 05 October 2010. I felt that something was going fishy!!! So I guessed it right. There was a technical problem!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, did you notice that the majority of winners of DV-2012 on the May 1st, applied on the first day of DV-2012 application, that is on 5th of October 2010? When I checked this forum on the 1st of May I was shocked to see the winners applied on the same date 05 October 2010. I felt that something was going fishy!!! So I guessed it right. There was a technical problem!!!

Yeah I want to believe if u used ur mailbox for 10 folks, so long as their entries are qualified, you cld get 10 e-mails from KCC with different confirmation numbers.

If you win in a country with few DV winners (e.g. where I live there are less than 50 winners per year) do you become current and get your interview at the embassy sooner?

NO. It completely depends on your case number. Your case number is going to be current according to US visa bulletin published every month.

If you win in a country with few DV winners (e.g. where I live there are less than 50 winners per year) do you become current and get your interview at the embassy sooner?