• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

also i wanted to add something interesting/funny.. i was so nervous about this whole process but have felt one benefit of living in RI where government workers are known to bend the rules. anyway, in my interview the interviewing official didn't even care that she had not received anything from KCC, she just asked for my lottery confirmation number and went on the state.gov site to check to see that my confirmation number really was a winning number. right then and there she said you'll be approved :D

Congratulations

Hi everyone,

First off these forums have been most helpful to a DV novice like myself. Here's my story - I applied for for the 2012 DV and checked in May'11 and found out I was rejected. A few weeks back I decided to log in for kicks and I was shocked to see my application was actually accepted. Given that I had a little over 3 months to get everything done, I started gathering the paperwork for my application. I've decided to go the AOS route and have paid the DV fees and sent my AOS package on the 14th of this month.

I have a few questions,

1) How do you get notified about your biometrics appointment & interview - it is via email or actual postal mail? I'm stressing out about this because the mail to my place gets delivered hopelessly late for some reason.

2) Has anyone ever switched from AOS to CP midway through the process? I'm starting to consider this as an option and if anyone has some advice/feedback it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Hi kgeorge,

Your situation is somewhat similar to mine. It wasn't until late April 2012 when I realized I was selected. So I quickly got all the documents and mailed it out mid-May. I've my biometrics coming up in 2 days. The turn around was pretty quick, I hope it will be the same way for you too. I was notified about my biometrics appointment via postal mail - about 2 days after I got my notification of acceptance, via postal mail as well.

Good luck with your process and keep us updated!

Hi kgeorge,

Your situation is somewhat similar to mine. It wasn't until late April 2012 when I realized I was selected. So I quickly got all the documents and mailed it out mid-May. I've my biometrics coming up in 2 days. The turn around was pretty quick, I hope it will be the same way for you too. I was notified about my biometrics appointment via postal mail - about 2 days after I got my notification of acceptance, via postal mail as well.

Good luck with your process and keep us updated!

Hi Oshin,

I do recollect reading your posts - we are in the same boat from the looks of things.

I got my I-797 today by the way. Hopefully the rest will follow soon.

How come you didn't try to do a walk in for your biometrics? Also, do you mind if I ask which USCIS FO you're going through?

Good to luck you as well. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress. Hopefully all of us make it.

signature

kgeorge, please complete your signature :)

Hi Oshin,

I do recollect reading your posts - we are in the same boat from the looks of things.

How come you didn't try to do a walk in for your biometrics? Also, do you mind if I ask which USCIS FO you're going through?

Good to luck you as well. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress. Hopefully all of us make it.

Hi Oshin,

Glad to hear that you got your I-797. Biometric appointment letter should follow soon! Don't forget to add you signature so we can all keep up with your progress.

I was contemplating on walk-in for my biometrics, but from the advice I got in this forum, it doesn't seem to speed up things. So I just decided to wait until the appointment date. My USCIS FO is in Tampa, FL.

Interview done

We just had our interview today. We arrived an hour before the interview time. The Officer called us . She was nice . She asked us a couple of questions that were in the I-485. It all took about 15 mins. After that she said that she will look at the file at the end of the day and will let us know if something is missing.
She didn't congratulate us or anything.
Now it's nervousness time. I wonder how long it will take for status to be updated?

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent! I'm glad you're done with your interview. Everything will work well (God willing) especially that she did not deny your application on the spot. I believe most interview officers say the same thing at the end about waiting to hear back from them.

Has your online status been updated since this morning? Also, what documents did the officer ask you to show?

We just had our interview today. We arrived an hour before the interview time. The Officer called us . She was nice . She asked us a couple of questions that were in the I-485. It all took about 15 mins. After that she said that she will look at the file at the end of the day and will let us know if something is missing.
She didn't congratulate us or anything.
Now it's nervousness time. I wonder how long it will take for status to be updated?

Excellent! I'm glad you're done with your interview. Everything will work well (God willing) especially that she did not deny your application on the spot. I believe most interview officers say the same thing at the end about waiting to hear back from them.

Has your online status been updated since this morning? Also, what documents did the officer ask you to show?

Hi amine !
I checked the status but it is still in the acceptance stage.
She asked for my transcripts. Passports , work permits and I 94.
From what I hear , they usually keep the i94. She made copys and returned them.

The officer said that it had been a while since she last conducted a DV lottery interview.

God willing we will hear from them soon

Interview questions

Hi all I have few questions to those who have been through the interview already:

Did the Officer take the I-94 or just made a copy and returned it.?

Did you get a stamp on the passport?

my case status hasn't moved from acceptance yet. i've noticed most people have a status change right after the

interview.

I'm just kinda worried

thank you all

I-94 during Interview

My I-94 along with EAD card was taken during the interview and i received AOS granted letter. But that does not happen all the time.

My passport was not stamped, i think that was necessary only if applicant has immediate travail plans.

Good luck

Hi all I have few questions to those who have been through the interview already:

my case status hasn't moved from acceptance yet. i've noticed most people have a status change right after the

interview.

I'm just kinda worried

thank you all

Interview questions

My I-94 along with EAD card was taken during the interview and i received AOS granted letter. But that does not happen all the time.

My passport was not stamped, i think that was necessary only if applicant has immediate travail plans.

Good luck

thanks! that's whats worrying me . she didn't keep anything. I hope its not a sign for denial.

Status> decision

My wife's status changed to dicision! ( we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customers new permanent resident status. please follow any instructions on the notice.)

my status still remains at the acceptance stage! is it possible hat they only approve one person ?

thanks

My wife's status changed to dicision! ( we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customers new permanent resident status. please follow any instructions on the notice.)

my status still remains at the acceptance stage! is it possible hat they only approve one person ?

thanks

I doubt it. Your status is either gonna change soon or it will not, but in any case if they approved hers, they approved yours too if you guys applied together. Just keep an eye on your mail!

Congrats!

Alien Number

My I-485 is sent on 6/4/2012 and it was supporsed to be at the Chicago Lockbox on 6/6/2012.
It has been 5 days, and it has been "Processed through USPS Sort Facility" for the last 3 days. It is more likely to be lost by USPS. Contacted the Customer Service though they are not really helping me.
It was my everything and I am very upset and about to lose myself.

Any help is appreciated.

I wanted to update my status.
USPS still thinks my package is lost, but it seems it actually got to the USCIS as scheduled. I received the Notice of Action early this week. Yay!

I have one question though.

Alien Number was assigned to me when I applied for OPT long time ago. It can be found on my old expired EAD card. The same number can be found on the I-797C Approval Notice for my H1B (current status). I put this number in all "A#" fields in I-485/I-693/I-765.

Now, in the I-797C for I-485 and I-765, I see the new Alien Number. It is nowhere close to the number I put in the documents I sent.

Am I supposed to be given a new Alien Number?
Could anyone in similar situation (F1 --> OPT --> H1B --> DV Winner) answer if this is the case for you?
Thanks everyone!

Status " decision"

I doubt it. Your status is either gonna change soon or it will not, but in any case if they approved hers, they approved yours too if you guys applied together. Just keep an eye on your mail!

Congrats!

Hey ! Thank you!
My status just changed too to " dicision"

Thank god
Thank all of you for ur help
And good luck for those who are waiting
:)

Congratulations, aosF1!

Did the officer take your EAD, or did she just make a copy and returned it to you?

interview.

I'm just kinda worried

thank you all