• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Depends on how busy the Application Service Center in your area is. From what I have seen around, people usually get their biometrics appointment letter within a couple of days after their I-485 application is accepted. Though, in my case, it took a whole month for me to get an appointment letter, and the appointment itself was 2 months after the day my I-485 was accepted. Luckily for me though, I received my interview appointment letter on the same week I received my biometrics appointment letter. So even though I waited a whole month for my biometrics appointment letter, I did not have to wait for my interview appointment letter.

If it has been more than 30 days since your application was accepted and you still have not received your biometrics appointment letter, you can call the USCIS customer service number and inquire about your case. Good luck!

Hi all, my case number became current in march and I sent my I485 around March 12 to Chicago. After my file accepted, I got a bio letter invitation first week of April and bio interview will be held on May 7. So when can they give me an interview date?

AoS Timelines for DV 11

Hi all, my case number became current in march and I sent my I485 around March 12 to Chicago. After my file accepted, I got a bio letter invitation first week of April and bio interview will be held on May 7. So when can they give me an interview date?

Check the following to get an idea per DV 11 ers who shared info here.

DV 12 ers keep this link handy and pass on to DV 13 ers as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...authkey=CKu6h5UN&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

Best!

Interview Experience

Hi all,

I had a interview today (4/27) after receiving interview letter by e-mail on 4/23. Our interview was very friendly, fast and smooth. It was about 10 minutes long.

We were asked to show --
Passports (with I-94)
Original copy of birth certificates, marriage certificate, diploma
current employment letter
H1b/H4 Approval notice.

We were asked if we have any traval plans within next weeks.

We were told we will get cards in about 2 weeks and were asked us if we can wait for about 30 minutes to receive Approval Letters. We waited about 30 minutes, the letter states "AOS is GRANTED".

I would like to thank everyone in this forum and good luck to those who are waiting.

Congratulations!

Hi all,

I had a interview today (4/27) after receiving interview letter by e-mail on 4/23. Our interview was very friendly, fast and smooth. It was about 10 minutes long.

We were asked to show --
Passports (with I-94)
H1b/H4 Approval notice.

We were told we will get cards in about 2 weeks and were asked us if we can wait for about 30 minutes to receive Approval Letters. We waited about 30 minutes, the letter states "AOS is GRANTED".

I would like to thank everyone in this forum and good luck to those who are waiting.

Enjoy the Green!!

For my case the immigration officer did not ask for anything but my passport, driver license, school student ID and a letter of enrollment verification from my school DSO since I was on F-1. I had a huge pile of all my original certificates and documents and at least two copies of each, but all the immigration officer cared about was IDs and an official letter from school. Though, it is always good to be prepared for whatever they ask for.
Thanks for sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Wildcatter

Depends on how busy the Application Service Center in your area is. From what I have seen around, people usually get their biometrics appointment letter within a couple of days after their I-485 application is accepted. Though, in my case, it took a whole month for me to get an appointment letter, and the appointment itself was 2 months after the day my I-485 was accepted. Luckily for me though, I received my interview appointment letter on the same week I received my biometrics appointment letter. So even though I waited a whole month for my biometrics appointment letter, I did not have to wait for my interview appointment letter.

If it has been more than 30 days since your application was accepted and you still have not received your biometrics appointment letter, you can call the USCIS customer service number and inquire about your case. Good luck!

I was about to ask the same question.. thanks

Congratulations.. enjoy your new status

Hi all,

We were asked to show --
Passports (with I-94)
H1b/H4 Approval notice.

you made it :) Congratulations.

Time to Submit your Package

NO WAY REJECTION FOR FILLING EARLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I sent the $440 fees and have the receipt

The email had subject "2012EU00022XXX Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter" and contained 2 pdf files. One is the Adjustment Letter, the other is the "DV Fee Paid Receipt". You sent $440 to Department of State, right? You must have sent this Paid Receipt Form with the check/money order, and they send the receipt back, and you include that with the i-485 application.

I don't know what happens if they ask that in the interview. Maybe other people have experience?
In the meantime, you may send an email to KCCDV@state.gov and ask again?

Thx for the answer. Yes I did send the 440x2 $ and have the receipt that has the PAID stamp on it.

DV 2012 - I just realized I was selected?!!? OMG!

Hi everyone.

I was just looking up information on DV 2013 since we are able to check entry status in a couple days and found a news discussion about DV 2012 selection error and reselection in July 2011. So out of curiosity, I went back and check my DV 2012 status. Guess what...I was selected!?! And I didn't realized it until today!! I checked my status in May/June 2011, and I wasn't selected then, so I didn't bother to keep checking. OMG! I am so upset at myself right now :(

Anyway, I am currently on F-1 status, do you think it is too late to start the process of adjustment of status? I heard I-485 takes a long time to process. So I don't know if I should go ahead and process the application because the case might still be pending after September 30, 2012 and I will lose the opportunity of getting a green card.

Please advice! Thank you so much :)

Btw, the DV adjustment of status fee I saw was $330, but seems like some are $440 in this thread. Care to explain?

My personal feeling is that very few VISA number will be available after May/June; so any leftover/disapproved numbers will be made available to winner with number above 40500; so if you are doing CP and receive 2nd letter than you are lucky but anyone hoping to do AOS; I wouldn't put my hope high.....i don't think visa number will last that long.

I am in 32k and was stupid to do AOS; now I have put my chances of getting visa number available to me at 15%.

This is just my thought; I may be wrong :)

Dear Singhaikola
Don`t worry my friend you are safe my personal analysis for what happen like this if you look in the statistics for previeous years you will find that every year they grant around 50000 to 51000 visa and last year only they give 1440 visa for AOS so what happen this year that after they did first draw in 5/1/2011 many pepole the discard thier confirmation number so the number drawn in 7/15/2011 not many people report contniuing the proccess because of that you can see that for the first time the visa currnt in JUNE usally they will be current in Aug or Sep , as you can see my frind my case number in 73000 and i was very happy that the visa current now because i was expecting it will be SEP

Hi everyone.

I was just looking up information on DV 2013 since we are able to check entry status in a couple days and found a news discussion about DV 2012 selection error and reselection in July 2011. So out of curiosity, I went back and check my DV 2012 status. Guess what...I was selected!?! And I didn't realized it until today!! I checked my status in May/June 2011, and I wasn't selected then, so I didn't bother to keep checking. OMG! I am so upset at myself right now :(

Anyway, I am currently on F-1 status, do you think it is too late to start the process of adjustment of status? I heard I-485 takes a long time to process. So I don't know if I should go ahead and process the application because the case might still be pending after September 30, 2012 and I will lose the opportunity of getting a green card.

Please advice! Thank you so much :)

Btw, the DV adjustment of status fee I saw was $330, but seems like some are $440 in this thread. Care to explain?

Dear OSHIN

You still have time my frind and don`t belive that AOS take time we have until 9/30/2012 this is mean 5 months
just go ahead and fill the form DSP-120 with 2 photo and send it to KCC and pay 330 $ now thay cahnge the fees start from 4/13/2012
and prepare your package I-485 and fees will be 985 + 85 Biometric= 1070

Dear OSHIN

You still have time my frind and don`t belive that AOS take time we have until 9/30/2012 this is mean 5 months
just go ahead and fill the form DSP-120 with 2 photo and send it to KCC and pay 330 $ now thay cahnge the fees start from 4/13/2012
and prepare your package I-485 and fees will be 985 + 85 Biometric= 1070

I've read in different forums that we don't have to file the DSP-122 and photos with KCC since we are already in the USA. Any thoughts?

Btw, I am trying to find out what I need to prepare my I-485. I need a birth certificate. My birth certificate is in my home country so I have to get them to send it to me ASAP. So we sent in a certified copy (meaning photocopy? does it need to be notarized?) with I-485?

What else should I be aware of??

I was F-1 too and received my green card last month. Your F-1 visa is NOT void until your I-485 is approved. Even if your I-485 is denied (God forbid), your F-1 status is still valid as long as you have not used any benefits from the I-485 application such as using the I-485 EAD or so. Even if you applied for an EAD with your I-485 and you receive the EAD, your F-1 visa is still valid so long you have not activated that EAD (i.e. have not used the EAD in filling out an I-9).

I was also working on campus while my I-485 was pending. Once your I-485 is approved and you receive your green card, you need to go to your department or the HR department in your school to update your I-9. They will make you sign a new I-9 reflecting your new permanent status.

Bottom line... your F-1 is still valid and you do not need to quit your on-campus job. But as Amine said, we are not lawyers and we should not be held responsible for what we say here. Good luck!

Did you attached all your I-20s and transcripts when you submitted the I-485?

I've read in different forums that we don't have to file the DSP-122 and photos with KCC since we are already in the USA. Any thoughts?

Btw, I am trying to find out what I need to prepare my I-485. I need a birth certificate. My birth certificate is in my home country so I have to get them to send it to me ASAP. So we sent in a certified copy (meaning photocopy? does it need to be notarized?) with I-485?

What else should I be aware of??

I suggest you get your medical exam as soon as you can..

These are some document you should send with I-485 ( not all of them but some of them), but before that DSP-122 and photo and print paper which shows that you are selected and send them to KCC (Kentucky) and $330 to Missouri ( print and fill out this forum and get a money order or personal check put it in a envelope, they will seal "paid" and send it back to you travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html )

Good luck, don't worry you still have time but hurry up! :)

1.Form G-1145
2.Personal check of $1,070: filing fee for I-485($985) and Biometrics($85)
3.Two identical color photographs (2”x 2”)
4.Form I-693, Medical report in sealed envelope
5.Form I-485, filled and duly signed.
6.Form G-325A
IDs
7.Copy of birth certificate.
8.Copy of marriage certificate
9.Copy of government-issued identifications : Driver’s license and SSN
Passport/Visa
10.Copy of Passport with a photo
11.I-94 Arrival/Departure record
12.Copy of passport pages with L1 and F1 visas
13.Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp
NL/Receipt
14.Copy of 1st Notification letter
15.Copy of 2nd Notification letter
16.Copy of DOS fee receipt.
Academic
17.Copy of High School diploma certificate
18.Copy of Bachelor Degree Certificate
19.Copy of Bachelor Degree Transcript
20.Copy of Master Degree Certificate & Transcript
Financial
21.Copy of Employment letter
22.Copy of Pay stubs in the past several months
23.Copy of 2009 and 2010 W-2
24.Summary of Bank Statements

I suggest you get your medical exam as soon as you can..

These are some document you should send with I-485 ( not all of them but some of them), but before that DSP-122 and photo and print paper which shows that you are selected and send them to KCC (Kentucky) and $330 to Missouri ( print and fill out this forum and get a money order or personal check put it in a envelope, they will seal "paid" and send it back to you travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html )

Good luck, don't worry you still have time but hurry up! :)

1.Form G-1145
2.Personal check of $1,070: filing fee for I-485($985) and Biometrics($85)
3.Two identical color photographs (2”x 2”)
4.Form I-693, Medical report in sealed envelope
5.Form I-485, filled and duly signed.
6.Form G-325A
IDs
7.Copy of birth certificate.
8.Copy of marriage certificate
9.Copy of government-issued identifications : Driver’s license and SSN
Passport/Visa
10.Copy of Passport with a photo
11.I-94 Arrival/Departure record
12.Copy of passport pages with L1 and F1 visas
13.Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp
NL/Receipt
14.Copy of 1st Notification letter
15.Copy of 2nd Notification letter
16.Copy of DOS fee receipt.
Academic
17.Copy of High School diploma certificate
18.Copy of Bachelor Degree Certificate
19.Copy of Bachelor Degree Transcript
20.Copy of Master Degree Certificate & Transcript
Financial
21.Copy of Employment letter
22.Copy of Pay stubs in the past several months
23.Copy of 2009 and 2010 W-2
24.Summary of Bank Statements

Thanks so much for the detailed info! I'm in the high alert mode right now. Hope I can get everything done in time. Regarding medical exam: Do I have to have all the vaccine listed on I-693? Because I only have 4-5 out of the list. I need to start calling up some civil surgeons around my city for a fee quote!

I've seen some forum saying that DSP-122 to KCC is not necessary. I am calling KCC to make sure!

Where did you guys get birth certificate translated into English? What are the procedures? I am having my parents express mail my birth cert and high school diploma (will I still need high school diploma if I have a Masters degree?)

Did you attached all your I-20s and transcripts when you submitted the I-485?
I attached a copy of my latest I-20, a copy of I-94 and original transcript.

Filing DSP-122 with KCC is not necessary for AOS, but it does not hurt to let KCC know that you are doing AOS. It's only a single form you have to fill out and send anyways.

Make sure that you send the $330 fee to the DOS ASAP. This is the first step, as it is necessary for you to send a copy of the receipt from DOS with your I-485 package. It will take 2-3 weeks to get the receipt back, so you need to do that ASAP.