• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

My name is Ayo from Nigeria one of the 2011 DV winners. And my interview is next week. pls, must I know any body in USA before visa can be given to me? and what are the likely question asked?

Your quick response to this question will be highly appriciated.

Thank you, God bless you.

Ayo
Ay4rael,
Sometimes, they ask about the person you filled on the ds 230 form (the address to which your GC will be mailed.) It is better to know the name, address, occupation of plus your relation to that person. Good luck.

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I will wait until this week. Otherwise, I need to go for electronic fingerprint system in a private organizations. Hoping to get their reply through email. At least, I would know my status.
Once again thanks a lot. Wish you all the best for interview!

Hello,
I applied from the UK,
after a month I emailed the RCMP and they replied a week later to tell me it was done, I received the criminal record check maybe a couple of days later by post... the whole process took around 5-6 weeks,

But if you are in Canada and if you are in a rush it is also possible to go through an agency providing the electronic fingerprint system (he takes a day or 2..) but you have to pay for it (around 80$ I think)

Hope this will help :)

Hey Guys
Got a question, if someone can help me please:
My CN is: AS201100014XXX
I received my letter on May 2010 and sent the documents by DHL to KCC and got the delivery confirmation from DHL.
But I have not received the 2nd letter for the interview yet. so:
1. Am I supposed to receive a confirmation letter from KCC that they got my documents?
2. I checked the visa bulletin and the number for Asia is 14850 for February 2011, So if I'm not wrong, my interview would be in Feb, but no letter yet. what should I do?
3. I checked the "Entrant Status Check" in dvlottery.state.gov yesterday and when I entered my info I got this message: " Based on the info the entry has not been selected for further processing" !!!!! WHAT DOES IT MEAN ?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please someone help, I really have no idea what's going on.
Thanks

Hey Guys
Got a question, if someone can help me please:
My CN is: AS201100014XXX
I received my letter on May 2010 and sent the documents by DHL to KCC and got the delivery confirmation from DHL.
But I have not received the 2nd letter for the interview yet. so:
1. Am I supposed to receive a confirmation letter from KCC that they got my documents?
2. I checked the visa bulletin and the number for Asia is 14850 for February 2011, So if I'm not wrong, my interview would be in Feb, but no letter yet. what should I do?
3. I checked the "Entrant Status Check" in dvlottery.state.gov yesterday and when I entered my info I got this message: " Based on the info the entry has not been selected for further processing" !!!!! WHAT DOES IT MEAN ?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please someone help, I really have no idea what's going on.
Thanks
Hi sarofski,
If you sent your forms to kcc on time (june, july,) and your country's postal service is okay, you will get your 2nd NL in the coming 1-2 weeks. KCC doesn't send any confirmation of receipt of your forms. If you like, you can call or e mail them to learn about your interview date. The online entrant status check has falsely said "has not been selected" for many winners despite getting first notification letters. This is not a problem and may be just a program error. anyway, contact kcc to clear every doubts you have. Good luck.

Hi labora2

Thanks a lot for the quick reaponse.
I sent KCC an email yesterday, but no response yet, and right now that I'm typing I'm on the phone waiting for a KCC operator to answer and it's been like 3 hours that I'm holding.
I'm a little bit relaxed now after reading your response, but the point is till 2 months ago, whenever I checked "Entrant Status Check" it said that I have won and should have received a letter and ....
But yesterday that I checked it, it's changed to "not been selected ... ", that's why I'm worried.
Do you think you could do me a favor and check your status there and see what message you get? and of course let me know about the result :)
Thanks in advance

Hi labora2

Thanks a lot for the quick reaponse.
I sent KCC an email yesterday, but no response yet, and right now that I'm typing I'm on the phone waiting for a KCC operator to answer and it's been like 3 hours that I'm holding.
I'm a little bit relaxed now after reading your response, but the point is till 2 months ago, whenever I checked "Entrant Status Check" it said that I have won and should have received a letter and ....
But yesterday that I checked it, it's changed to "not been selected ... ", that's why I'm worried.
Do you think you could do me a favor and check your status there and see what message you get? and of course let me know about the result :)
Thanks in advance
KCC will answer to ur request after two or three days sometimes it might be after 10 days so wait patiently.and i have checked mine right now and i got the following so may be it's ur browser,have u used internet explorer or another browser?.anyways ckech it again.
Dear Selectee,

Based on the information and confirmation number provided, you should have received a letter by mail from the United States Department of State’s Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) notifying you that your Diversity Visa entry was selected in the DV-2011 lottery.

inquiry

case NO. 2011AF00080358
I am afraid my CN is high.Should i nurse any hope for a visa? Can someone help me? If only i have to prepare what should i do? i sent my forms back to KCC on september 23rd 2010. they say the forms are currently processing. When can i expect 2NL, conduct my Medicals and probably have my interview?

Just managed to call KCC and here's the response:
My interview is scheduled for February and the letter is on it's way. :)

KCC will answer to ur request after two or three days sometimes it might be after 10 days so wait patiently.and i have checked mine right now and i got the following so may be it's ur browser,have u used internet explorer or another browser?.anyways ckech it again.
Dear Selectee,

Based on the information and confirmation number provided, you should have received a letter by mail from the United States Department of State’s Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) notifying you that your Diversity Visa entry was selected in the DV-2011 lottery.

Thanks, As I mentioned everything's fine now :)

Hello forummates
one day i met a girl who is the winner of dv 2011 and her case number is 9xxx,currunt for november
and waiting her 2nd NL.i told her to follow this forum but she couldnt get an access to internet so
some thing bad happened to her,here is the story:she used her relatives post box in her forms she sent
to KCC then waits for her 2nd NL.last week i asked her about her 2nd NL and she told me that she have not rceive
it,the owner of the post box told her that have not come yet but i suspect that the letter might lost some where
coz she is current for november and sent her form at the begging of jun so told her to email to KCC then yesterday
she got a reply from KCC that her cse is transfered to the embassy then she called me last night.2day morning i told her
to go to post office with her id to check the letter luckly she found the 2nd NL with them,the problem was her relative(the
owner of the box has not paid the rent bill so they didnt put the letter in the box.but badly her intervie was scheduled on
december 15,2010 which is 2day.so she is now trying to contact the embassy.Pls forum mates Pray for this girl.i will update u
what the embassy will say.May God be with her.

Heloo everybody,

Merry xmaz and a happy new year in advance.

We pray that all going for interview this month a have successful interview success in jesus name.Amen.

And to ALL OF US,the good Lord will never depart from US ALL,Amen.

It is well with OUR Body,Soul and Spirit.Amen!!

Hello forummates
one day i met a girl who is the winner of dv 2011 and her case number is 9xxx,currunt for november
and waiting her 2nd NL.i told her to follow this forum but she couldnt get an access to internet so
some thing bad happened to her,here is the story:she used her relatives post box in her forms she sent
to KCC then waits for her 2nd NL.last week i asked her about her 2nd NL and she told me that she have not rceive
it,the owner of the post box told her that have not come yet but i suspect that the letter might lost some where
coz she is current for november and sent her form at the begging of jun so told her to email to KCC then yesterday
she got a reply from KCC that her cse is transfered to the embassy then she called me last night.2day morning i told her
to go to post office with her id to check the letter luckly she found the 2nd NL with them,the problem was her relative(the
owner of the box has not paid the rent bill so they didnt put the letter in the box.but badly her intervie was scheduled on
december 15,2010 which is 2day.so she is now trying to contact the embassy.Pls forum mates Pray for this girl.i will update u
what the embassy will say.May God be with her.

Our prayers is that she will find the favour of God in the face of the consular officers and she will be victorious, AMEN

To all of us still awaiting second letters and to all going for interviews this month and the months to come,THE GOD THAT WAS,HIS AND FOREVER MORE WILL SEE US THROUGH AND MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE,AMEN.

IT IS WELL WITH ALL OF US IN JESUS NAME,AMEN!!!

Look on the US embassy london web site, they have some great information on line about which vaccinations you will actually need. the list you have seen is long, but it depends on age which ones are required to pass the medical. You will probably find you will need TDAP, MMR and possibly Varicella, but nothing more. I had to have the 1st 2 injections, if you dont have a vaccination card to take, as I didnt, the best thing to do is ask the panel doctor when you make your appointment what you should do.

Thank you very much for your answer Jules2203. So you said that because you didn't have your card too you had to do the vaccinations wouahhh. What does it mean TDAP and MMR?
How was your interview? You were stressed or confident?

Thank you very much for your answer Jules2203. So you said that because you didn't have your card too you had to do the vaccinations wouahhh. What does it mean TDAP and MMR?
How was your interview? You were stressed or confident?

Hi
As an adult, they said I needed these 2 jabs. TDAP is tetanus, diptheria and pneumoccocul (I think) MMR is Mumps, Measles and Rubella. They arent expensive, there is nothing to it tbh. Just contact the panel doctor and ask their advice about vaccinations if you dont have your card.
I was both stressed and confident, I did spend a lot of time trying to make sure I had all my documents sorted exactly, search for other posts by me for details of my interview.
Good Luck