• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Hi All ,

Need advice !!.

My wife is DV2011 Principle applicant. And in my DS 230 Part 1 form

Question number 15. Spouse Place of birth :

by mistake I key in my place of birth Kathmandu, NEPAL instead of Siraha, NEPAL. However date of birth is correct . Just place was key in wrongly.

Any suggestion , should I send mail to KCC for amendment . Since my form was send to KCC by month of June. I suspect by now they might have already process my form( Just a guess).

Please suggest me , Understand this is a small mistaken but you know it is DV and mean a lot to me so I don't want to miss any chances and furthermore my case number is high so wondering they might reject application for this small issue too.

Please advice.
Hi winnerof2011,
You are right that your forms have finished processing but as your case number is not current, your documents are still with kcc. The best thing to do is to e mail kcc to do this correction for you. A single error can be corrected via e mail. It is always better to close all doors which might bring negative discussions during the interview. Good luck.

Sista_mai,

If doesn't bother you, would you please elaborate which vaccines you had to be checked or done in order to have your health record up-to-date?

I'm afraid here in Montreal it will cost me some 500$ or more, so may be my next visit (3 weeks next Feb) I can get them done in Paris.

Is there things requested in the 2nd notification (by email) that could make someone not ready at time for the scheduled interview (in your case it's 2 months, and it's good to know that now it's by email which is free from postal delays)?

Any thoughts will be very appreciated.

Oh I actually haven't done the medicals yet, but I think it's 170 euros (everything included), I have to call this week to book an appointment,

Also I didn't received my 2NL yet, I had my interview date by sending an email to the KCC, I will ask them today if they can send it through email and I will get back to you on this, but honestly the 2NL doesn't have that much in it... I already asked the US Embassy in Paris what was needed for the interview :)

Oh I actually haven't done the medicals yet, but I think it's 170 euros (everything included), I have to call this week to book an appointment,

Also I didn't received my 2NL yet, I had my interview date by sending an email to the KCC, I will ask them today if they can send it through email and I will get back to you on this, but honestly the 2NL doesn't have that much in it... I already asked the US Embassy in Paris what was needed for the interview :)

You can check with the panel doctor that you will go to for the medical which vaccines you will need to have. You should be able to find their telephone number easily.
I am in Spain, and did not have any record of any vaccinations. The doctor told me that as an adult, I only needed to have DTAP and MMR. In Madrid you can get them done for free, but they shouldnt cost that much.
BTW, have a look on the US Embassy in London web site, they have a downloadable guide to what vaccines you need by age, which should give you an idea, and even shows how much the vaccines cost.
http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html

Merci beaucoup pour ta disponibilité à répondre, en plus vite et bien.
Thanks as well for suggesting keeping us in the loop.

Good luck for a smooth interview!

Great link thank you.
Reading the PDF document I determined the list of vaccines to be:
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)/Tetanus, Diphtheria (Td) Vaccines
- MMR measles, mumps, and rubella
- Varicella (Chickenpox)

Not bad to know that the list is less than I've expected for adults as some vaccines are available here in Canada at gouging prices. posted
The medical exam here is between 250 to 300 $CA (vaccines not included)

You can check with the panel doctor that you will go to for the medical which vaccines you will need to have. You should be able to find their telephone number easily.
I am in Spain, and did not have any record of any vaccinations. The doctor told me that as an adult, I only needed to have DTAP and MMR. In Madrid you can get them done for free, but they shouldnt cost that much.
BTW, have a look on the US Embassy in London web site, they have a downloadable guide to what vaccines you need by age, which should give you an idea, and even shows how much the vaccines cost.
http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html

Great link thank you.
Reading the PDF document I determined the list of vaccines to be:
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)/Tetanus, Diphtheria (Td) Vaccines
- MMR measles, mumps, and rubella
- Varicella (Chickenpox)

Not bad to know that the list is less than I've expected for adults as some vaccines are available here in Canada at gouging prices. posted
The medical exam here is between 250 to 300 $CA (vaccines not included)

The panel doctor will probably ask if you have already had Chicken Pox, you may not need to have varicella if you have. I think most adults who did not have varicella will have had chicken pox.

I know my winning notification only from website. I did not receive any letter from KCC. I sent DSP-122 and photographs to KCC more than a month ago. So far, I did not get any response from KCC. I am looking for adjusting status. Can anyone suggest me, what should be done from my part?

11/24/09: dv 2011 entry
07/01/10: winning notification from website
11/03/10: sent DSP-122 and photograph to KCC
11/05/10: DSP-122 and photograph received by KCC

visa bulletin january 2011

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 26,100 Except: Egypt 20,200
Ethiopia 15,000
Nigeria 12,100
ASIA 14,850
EUROPE 17,600
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 810
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 900

Hello bro,
Its quite a while i heard from you.Im sure you are ok.
Please,i want your favor.I called KCC,and they say my interview had been scheduled.But,im yet receive my interview package.
Please,i want to plead if anyone could give me hint of what is the content on the second NL,and what website im i expected to go to this time to make a print of the relevant application forms.Please,i need help on this so that i may have filled all the relevant forms before i eventually receive the second letter.
What im asking of is,what are the contents on the second letter,what are the sites to go to to print the forms and fill,and all that.
Thank you all,as always.
Jajay
bboyd41@yahoo.com
Hi
I actually never recieved my 2NL via the post, must have got lost somewhere. I obtained it as a PDF by email from KCC. Here are the entire contents copied and pasted, with only personal details x'd out.

Dear DV Applicant:
This is the official notice for you to pursue your application for a DV-2011 visa. An
appointment has been scheduled for the applicant at the stated location. The applicant and all
members of the applicant's family must appear at the appointed date and time for your interview.
Please notify the office listed if you cannot keep the appointment.
The applicant and any eligible family members will be required to submit sufficient proof of
identity upon arrival. If you fail to obtain a DV-2011 visa by September 30, 2011, your
registration will expire. Applicant and family members cannot be issued a diversity visa or
accompany you or join you in the United States under the DV-2011 program after September
30, 2011.
Please follow instructions provided in step 4 at www.dvselectee.state.gov for Interview
Preparation and Fee Payments. It is very important that you follow the guidelines carefully in
the preparation for your interview. All fees must be paid before the visa interview and are nonrefundable
if the visa is refused.
Interview Appointment
MADRID
EMBAJADA DE LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS
SERRANO 75
34-1-577-40-00 X2249
November 17, 2010 09:00 AM
The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case. Further inquiries
should be addressed to the interviewing office. When communicating with the
Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to the applicant's name and case
number exactly as they appear below:
Case Number: 2011EU00010xxx
Principal Applicant Name: xxxxxx xxxxxxx
Preference Category: DV Diversity
Foreign State of Chargeability: BULG
If documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time
of interview.
Case Number: 2011EU00010xxx
Applicant Name: xxxx xxxxx
Beneficiaries: xxxx xxxx
xxxxx xxxxxx

Merci!!!
I got my criminal check within 5 weeks! And since I got it in September, I thought it would be too old (more than 3 months) but at the US embassy, they told me it was ok if i didn't go back to canada in the meanwhile,
Therefore, Im totally ready for my interview! I will keep you guys updated!
kisses!

Sista_mai,

What's the e-mail address of the US embassy in Paris? I am going to pass my interview in Febuary and I did my US background check in Oct 28, so I am guessing that it's going to be 3 months in Jan 28, I am going to be just. What did they tell u exactly?

Sista_mai,

What's the e-mail address of the US embassy in Paris? I am going to pass my interview in Febuary and I did my US background check in Oct 28, so I am guessing that it's going to be 3 months in Jan 28, I am going to be just. What did they tell u exactly?

This is the email I sent to the US embassy in Paris: ParisConIV@state.gov

Dear Sir/Madam,

An interview for my case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Paris on January 20, 2011.

My case number was current for October 2010 therefore, I started to gather the required documents for the interview since September.
Would it be ok if I present a Police certificate from Canada dated from the 16th of September 2010 ? ( on the 20th of january 2011 it will be more than 3 months old but less than 6 months old) Or do I have to ask for a new one ? (can take up to 120 days to obtain one)

Thanks in advance for your help,

AND HERE IS THE REPLY I GOT FROM THEM;

Madam,

IF you did not return to Canada after you applied for that police certificate you may consider the fingerprinted document from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) as valid.

Sincerely

Immigrant Visa Section
American Embassy, Paris France

But I don't think you will need a criminal check for the US, even if you were living there previously ( I think I read that somewhere...)

I didn;t go back to Canada since the police record was done, so I won't have to do another one (fiouuu cause it was quite expensive and can take up to 4 months)

I didn;t go back to Canada since the police record was done, so I won't have to do another one (fiouuu cause it was quite expensive and can take up to 4 months)

I ve got an other question for u. Did u see the list of the vaccination? There is so many of them... And guess what I lost my "carnet de sante" lol :). I have to go to the doctor and ask him whitch one I have to do again, that make me crazy. Which doctor re u going to in Paris??? I was thinking about the first one on the list, It's about 170 euros(blood test and X-ray, right?).
By the way u finally receive your 2snde NL, awesome.
Keep me posted...

Hello everyone, do you know anything about being rejected because of underweight in medical exam? Did anyone confronted that problem yet? Please share, I desperately need to know this and also I heard that there's an underweight option in the blue sheet, what does that mean?

I ve got an other question for u. Did u see the list of the vaccination? There is so many of them... And guess what I lost my "carnet de sante" lol :). I have to go to the doctor and ask him whitch one I have to do again, that make me crazy. Which doctor re u going to in Paris??? I was thinking about the first one on the list, It's about 170 euros(blood test and X-ray, right?).
By the way u finally receive your 2snde NL, awesome.
Keep me posted...

Look on the US embassy london web site, they have some great information on line about which vaccinations you will actually need. the list you have seen is long, but it depends on age which ones are required to pass the medical. You will probably find you will need TDAP, MMR and possibly Varicella, but nothing more. I had to have the 1st 2 injections, if you dont have a vaccination card to take, as I didnt, the best thing to do is ask the panel doctor when you make your appointment what you should do.

I don't know my case number. Probably my NL is lost somewhere. As I know, "return service requested" is written on the NL envelop. Therefore, NL is supposed to return back to KCC, if undeliverable. Does anybody know, is there any way to track whether my NL is returned back to KCC?

Hi sista_mai,
How long did you have to wait to get your PCC from Canada? Did you apply from Canada or from other country? I am in Canada and applied PCC three weeks ago and still no letter from them. I emailed them and no sign of reply. Any comment?
Thanks

Hi sista_mai,
How long did you have to wait to get your PCC from Canada? Did you apply from Canada or from other country? I am in Canada and applied PCC three weeks ago and still no letter from them. I emailed them and no sign of reply. Any comment?
Thanks

Hello,
I applied from the UK,
after a month I emailed the RCMP and they replied a week later to tell me it was done, I received the criminal record check maybe a couple of days later by post... the whole process took around 5-6 weeks,

But if you are in Canada and if you are in a rush it is also possible to go through an agency providing the electronic fingerprint system (he takes a day or 2..) but you have to pay for it (around 80$ I think)

Hope this will help :)

My name is Ayo from Nigeria one of the 2011 DV winners. And my interview is next week. pls, must I know any body in USA before visa can be given to me? and what are the likely question asked?

Your quick response to this question will be highly appriciated.

Thank you, God bless you.

Ayo