• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Or maybe people have other things to do, or do not feel the need to prove anything.

For the other, less arrogant people, ks156's report is accurate. Only two pages and one adhesive label in the envelope.
Since I do not have the needed number of posts to insert links, and attachments did not work for me either, you have to copy/paste the URL below and change hxxp to http in your browser.
Code:
hxxp://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9026/dv2011.jpg

baobab
Congratulations and good luck.

Thanks for your reply. So is having a low number a good thing or bad? Sorry I might seem to be asking trivial questions. All this is overwhelming. Im currently doing my Master's in the US so im trying to figure out which is the quickest way to get the green card (by this year) so that I wouldnt have to worry for OPT

To everyone else, I wish you all the luck in the world!

Or maybe people have other things to do, or do not feel the need to prove anything.

For the other, less arrogant people, ks156's report is accurate. Only two pages and one adhesive label in the envelope.
Since I do not have the needed number of posts to insert links, and attachments did not work for me either, you have to copy/paste the URL below and change hxxp to http in your browser.
Code:

Hi baobab, my Congratulation , Thanks for info, we happy for you

Thanks everyone. I was quite happy yesterday. However, as I started to read on all the paperwork and the fairly long timeline till a GC, my enthusiasm went down a notch.

Of course, I am still happy for the selection. I think I have been trying for 10 years now. After 3-4 years I was not even giving much thought to the possibility of winning. In fact, last fall I completely forgot about DV and I was reminded of it only 5 days before the deadline. I applied in the last 3 days, and that proved to be the lucky year.

Will you start a thread for AOS 2011 or will you do CP?
Boer, it seems like an important decision. And I have to make it early on. In fact this is the biggest concern right now, since I should not have problems with eligibility.

I was thinking to do AOS, but now I am a bit worried about the speed of the process and unforeseeable delays. My CN should become current in November or December based on last year's stats.

I guess I should create a new thread that compares the time-lines of the AOS and CP approaches.

Thanks for your reply. So is having a low number a good thing or bad? Sorry I might seem to be asking trivial questions. All this is overwhelming. Im currently doing my Master's in the US so im trying to figure out which is the quickest way to get the green card (by this year) so that I wouldnt have to worry for OPT

Congrats, you sure are a lucky lady ;)

Low case number is very good, and you will have your interview soon. The higher the number the later your interview.

I am also in your shoes, doing my Masters and will be doing OPT when I am done, but hope to be a lucky man, and get my letter also...

Hi All,

New here. Recieved a letter yesterday (brown envelope, 2 pages). Quick question, how can I know a case number is high or low? I need to know so that I can decide whether to adjust my status or go to my country's embassy. my number starts with 2011AF0008*. Thanks

Our Congratulation and wishing you best

Congrats, you sure are a lucky lady ;)

Low case number is very good, and you will have your interview soon. The higher the number the later your interview.

I am also in your shoes, doing my Masters and will be doing OPT when I am done, but hope to be a lucky man, and get my letter also...

Thank you :). It seems we are in the same shoes. I hope yours will arrive in the mail soon too.

Code:

Congratulations baobad! God bless you and good luck with all your process. I'm waiting for my notification letter.

Good Luck to all :cool:

Code:

Did you note the error? I'm not implying the the scan is a fake but am just noting that possibly KCC made an error in stating the fiscal year for 2011 being Oct 1 2009 to Sept 30 2011. It should have been Oct 1 2010 . . .

It does say October 2009 on mine too. I assume they start the fiscal year from the first day the lottery officially opens

Congrats luckylady..all the best.
Congrats baobab and thanks for the scan...btw did anyone notice they made a mistake with the fiscal year.lol. hahaaa even KCC isn't perfect.
oh I just saw the post where someone pointed it out..

Yes, I noticed the error as well. I think they copy/pasted the letter from last year and they modified only the end date.
It should be October 2010 for the start date. But that is how it came.

Baobab
Congratulations! At last the first winner from Europe! I wish you all the best!
Where is that остурах (sorry for my French :) ) person with the FedEx, who told that we will be sorry and become red?????
There are so many ..... persons in the world!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I noticed the error as well. I think they copy/pasted the letter from last year and they modified only the end date.
It should be October 2010 for the start date. But that is how it came.

Nevertheless, most importantly is that you got the letter - Congratulations!!!! Remember us in your prayers - I've been attempting since 1993 but just haven't gotten lucky!

It's really good to have low number, so you will be able to apply for AOS in the first month of the fiscal year 2011, it's gonna be October 2010!!!

Code:

My congratulations!!! Get ready to get your GC!!!! Your case number is pretty good) Have you seen that they made a missprint they printed fiscal year 2011 (October 1, 2009 till September 30, 2011) it should be October 1, 2010 till September 30, 2011!!!!! Your case number is low, so probably it will be current in October - November!! So get ready all documents!!! Good luck!!!