• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Hi guys,

I've been selected for DV 2011 and my CN is 2011EU00008xxx. I saw on september's visa bulletin that for Europe they are now around 9600. What does it mean? Did they send the 2nd notification letter to those who have a CN under 9600?

Thanks

usa88,
that means you are current in oct. have you sent back the forms detailed out in your first nl yet? pls read from the beginning of this thread on the procedures.

hi leongsce,

thanks for your reply.

I have send back the forms to KCC at the beggining May ( I received my 1st NL on 22th of April).

What do you mean by "you are current in October" ?

cheers

hi leongsce,

thanks for your reply.

I have send back the forms to KCC at the beggining May ( I received my 1st NL on 22th of April).

cheers

It means that there will be Visa available for your case number in october.

hi leongsce,

thanks for your reply.

cheers

usa88,
oliseh's right - you can be issued a visa in oct but normally it takes time to go thru the entire process. that's why you need to be familiar with the entire process by reading the thread. there are things you need to do now like medical checkup, getting your police certificates, etc. these things are disclosed in the thread 'list of documents required for gc'. go thru it you should start preparing all your documents now.

Before the above prediction, have you considered that each region (Asia, Africa...etc.) is issued CNs seperately?

Do you know the highest case number for asia DV-2010...

anyone got high case number for DV-2010 after AS00028700

if had....

Hi everybody ,as per visa bulletin upto# 9000 case interview will be in october for asia so ,mycase #5*** so still didnot got any notification for 2nl ,i am worried . Any body got 2nl? When will be reaching 2nl? If anybody got plz reply me too.

Before the above prediction, have you considered that each region (Asia, Africa...etc.) is issued CNs seperately?

If you are interested in prediction of CN allocation, my post #1670 in this thread and related posts could help.

US Embassy in Turkey discloses DV visa interview schedule.
http://turkey.usembassy.gov/interview_schedule.html
Follow the link for DV visa interview schedule:
http://www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/consular/english/schedule_dv.html

There are some applicants with their CNs higher than 30000 in Asia region.

Thanks a lot TMFL, very valuable info.

did you notice this guys

For Ex. few CNs on 1 & 2 Sep.

2010AS30063 DV 9/1/2010 8:30
2010AS29998 DV 9/1/2010 8:30
2010AS29306 DV 9/1/2010 8:30
2010AS28732 DV 9/1/2010 8:30
2010AS22549 DV 9/2/2010 8:15

They are not in order. (AS22549) Has he been called for second interview??
Second thing , Visa bulletin say cutoff for Asia is 28700.
BUT AS30063 is called for the interview???
I AM REALLY CONFUSED

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the main applicant and my wife doesn't have any CN. I can assure you that there's no CN issued for other family members but the petitioner.
So for me still something doesn't add up ... between the cutoff and the real number of selected entries...

So far the only information I got to is:
"HOW WILL SUCCESSFUL ENTRANTS BE SELECTED?
At the KCC, all entries received from each region will be individually numbered. After the end of the registration period, a computer will randomly select entries from among all the entries received for each geographic region. Within each region, the first entry randomly selected will be the first case registered; the second entry selected the second registration, etc. All entries received during the registration period will have an equal chance of being selected within each region. When an entry has been selected, the entrant will be sent a notification letter by the KCC, which will provide visa application instructions. The KCC will continue to process the case until those selected to be visa applicants are instructed to appear for visa interviews at a U.S. consular office or until those qualifying to change status in the United States apply at a domestic USCIS office."

Montreal Still I stand for what I said, Family members are also given CNs. Because in Asia, Visa available- 7500! Selectees- 14999!! CNs- 45700!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot TMFL, very valuable info.

did you notice this guys

For Ex. few CNs on 1 & 2 Sep.

2010AS30063 DV 9/1/2010 8:30
2010AS29998 DV 9/1/2010 8:30
2010AS29306 DV 9/1/2010 8:30
2010AS28732 DV 9/1/2010 8:30
2010AS22549 DV 9/2/2010 8:15

They are not in order. (AS22549) Has he been called for second interview??
Second thing , Visa bulletin say cutoff for Asia is 28700.
BUT AS30063 is called for the interview???
I AM REALLY CONFUSED

Some applicants could be called for 2nd interview, but I assume not many.
For example, I sent DS forms to KCC in June 2009, my CN got current Oct 2009, interview was done in Nov 2009.
I found another Japanese person with his CN AS2XXX which was lower CN than mine, turned in the form in Aug 2009, CN current Oct 2009, interview was taken in Jan 2010.
Perhaps the date of DS form submission to KCC affects the order of interview.

Thats right TMFL, date of DS form sent is crucial.
So what do you think about my second question.
When Cut off for Asia is 28700, how 29 and 30 thousand CNs are in the list???

Thats right TMFL, date of DS form sent is crucial.
So what do you think about my second question.
When Cut off for Asia is 28700, how 29 and 30 thousand CNs are in the list???

Because all CNs is current in Sep 2010 for DV2010 Asia.

Because all CNs is current in Sep 2010 for DV2010 Asia.
In August 28700
In Sep CURRENT.

I realized by CURRENT, that issuance of visa is over for that fiscal year.
Do you mean that CURRENT is all remaining CNs in Asia are called for interview in Sep 2010.

Do you guys know the answer for this?

nalin,
uscis have never used up the entire quota of 50000 visas for the dv lottery. although 100000 people are notified ... less than half of that actually get visas issued by sept 30. there are a lot of reasons why people do not follow thru.

Hi
Do you have any reference or evidence to back up what you affirm?

nalin,
uscis have never used up the entire quota of 50000 visas for the dv lottery. although 100000 people are notified ... less than half of that actually get visas issued by sept 30. there are a lot of reasons why people do not follow thru.