• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Thanks for your time and reply Joequi,
I'm applying from Canada, but claiming with birth country Algeria.

I'm not sure to understand how is important the rank or compared to what? like till 55 000 you have more chance than if your rank is around 95 000.

And as well ... what if I return the forms in only 5 months... would that hurt my chances seriously?

I've seen timelines as signature... do they depend on applicant current location? or it's standard what ever the region the US consulate is located. Like is it 1 year after submitting the forms that you get scheduled for an interview?

Any feed back is welcome!!! thanks
Montreal,

For Africa region your case number is very ok, accept you are from Nigeria , Egypt or Ethiopia in that it will very high. What country are u from.

Hi All -
I am new here. I recently received the letter from KCC.
my case number is 2011AF00072xxx. I am residing in the US now and I am working as an engineer on a H1B.
I am wondering what are my chances to actually get the GC with such a high number.
Anyone in that situation in the past?
Thanks

72*** it is ahigh case number I my self winner of dv 2010 and my case number is same to u 72*** and still waiting and praying

Can someone plz put me through, what do we expect to write on selectee form where they ask for "petitioner". Thnx.

Congrats Montreal2011!! I don't know if you remember, but I applied from Canada as well. I was born in Canada but used Greece for my country of eligibility since I am a dual Canada/Greek citizen! I don't think my odds are good...... but I'm glad you got it!!

P.S. What does the envelop look like? Is it a big white one? Did it take long for you to receive it in Montreal, QC.

Best of luck to you!! And congrats again.

Montreal,

For Africa region your case number is very ok, accept you are from Nigeria , Egypt or Ethiopia in that it will very high. What country are u from.

congrats montreal2011!! I don't know if you remember, but i applied from canada as well. I was born in canada but used greece for my country of eligibility since i am a dual canada/greek citizen! I don't think my odds are good...... But i'm glad you got it!!

P.s. What does the envelop look like? Is it a big white one? Did it take long for you to receive it in montreal, qc.

Best of luck to you!! And congrats again.

pls is 35** high for nigeria

Bro u don't have to believe me ok?

They don't bring international letters to your house. You are given a slip to come and claim your letter wiv.\
anyways i ve it but ineed help here.......on the part of occupation is it a must that you fill in something relevant to what you do here?
We is the latest time to send back the forms?do i just put the passport and my wif's in the envelope or something...please i need answers. Thank you

KMIRINDA....congrats on getting your NL and from the looks of it you have a very good number and should be interviewed soon after they start in October. I have read the nigerian 2010 thread and it is very very helpful and should answer all the questions you have on filling out the forms.
From my reading I think you need to use a paperclip to attach the pics, what did the directions say? Please take a little while and read the Nigerian thread. Good Luck!!

I'm a college student and i wont be able to be graduated by the next may at least. What should i write for the .....Schools Attended section in DSP 122 form. I know when i started studying in my college of course but what about the date "TO" ? what should i write ? What about the degree? "no degree yet" ? I hope some guy who had similar issues or who heard about these can help me out. Thanks in advance.

hey guys! congrats to all of you who got their NLs already.

i am from japan, the asia region and wondering how come no one from the region has reported yet. do you guys know any other websites to get more info on DV 2011 program?
i know this website is one of the best, but i just can't wait to hear more about what is going on. i will still check this thread too!

the best of luck to you all!
thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys! congrats to all of you who got their NLs already.

i am from japan, the asia region and wondering how come no one from the region has reported yet. do you guys know any other websites to get more info on DV 2011 program?
i know this website is one of the best, but i just can't wait to hear more about what is going on. i will still check this thread too!

the best of luck to you all!
thanks,

Hi mickk

I am from Japan too !!!

I am checking this website often.but I didn't see any winner from ASIA region.
I also check mixi or another website for Japanese who live in US. but I can't find any winner of Japanese so far.
I think Japanese who apply for DV2011 don't know about this website or if they know, they don't post here... so hardly to see any japanese information.

I saw one Japanese ( won DV2010 ) got NL on June at Japanese address on this thread. and we can check a result on July. We can have still hope.

It seems NL for ASIA region is still KCC ??? I don't know till I know someone got.

I hope the NL fly to my house and you guys house too.

Thanks.

I'm a college student and i wont be able to be graduated by the next may at least. What should i write for the .....Schools Attended section in DSP 122 form. I know when i started studying in my college of course but what about the date "TO" ? what should i write ? What about the degree? "no degree yet" ? I hope some guy who had similar issues or who heard about these can help me out. Thanks in advance.

what about the date "TO" - "present"
"no degree yet" - yes

what about the date "TO" - "present"
"no degree yet" - yes

Yes the info is very neccessary, if you can check the form very well I think it says "completed education" or wot do u think, I av similar case at hand or the school you entered when you first apply online. God will help us.

There are 2 posters on "DV 2011 AOS Only" thread from AS who have received NL. They appear to have received the NL in May, so it appears that KCC has started sending out AS pretty late this year.