• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 winners from SRILANKA Report here

dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

Hello , i have a question i got the sponsor letter from USA stating my name in short. But my passport carries the full name. Will it be a problem. please advice me thanks.

That's not a problem. And Spenser letter scan copy also accepted by the US embassy

and This is enough .. Spencer letter is simple letter

Today another Sri lankan had his interview in US Embassy Colombo. His CN is around 44000.
He says he has not mentioned his "Mohammed" part in his application but on Passport.
How ever he got a pending paper today saying there is some thing wrong in his case number and it should be approved by DOS.
I suspect Embassy want to get a clearance or some thing like that from US before issuing his visa.

PS

CO wanted to correct this on papers and the system but SL lady has advised not to accept since there was a similar case even in the last year which was not resolved.

Can this applicant expect his visa before the end of September.

hello Nalin,
I am srilankan. Aslo DV-2012 one of winner. I would like to contact you much more as a DV winner. Could you send me your email ID to my email. Then I will contact you. here is my e mail ID " roshantts@yahoo.com "

thanks

They have refused my visa....
they asked me for a Degree for Graphic Designer

Hi friends....

Embassy rang me y'day... they asked to pay for others...., remember I don't have O/L maths pass.
they told me that my commerce pass & sinhala pass finally they are considered.

officer asked me to come.... today @ 2, they told me to pay others to get them for interview...
I dont have idea about that.... If I pay for others they will refused me again? I told them to check our doc again & tell our eligibility. I asked go my self first & settle there then get the others later. because I have already paid. what you all think.... I will lost my money again...? or is there any chance.... I think my all reports docs still valid.... hope yours quickest replies

Hi friends....

Embassy rang me y'day... they asked to pay for others...., remember I don't have O/L maths pass.

officer asked me to come.... today @ 2, they told me to pay others to get them for interview...
I dont have idea about that.... If I pay for others they will refused me again? I told them to check our doc again & tell our eligibility. I asked go my self first & settle there then get the others later. because I have already paid. what you all think.... I will lost my money again...? or is there any chance.... I think my all reports docs still valid.... hope yours quickest replies

Well, as far as i can see.........you are through.
No, you can't do for family later...IT HAS TO BE NOW!! (before 9/30)

As I said before, they assessed you incorrectly (and your input for your own support did not help them either)
Glad that they realized things in perspective even later.

If you think you want to come, if you are ready to go through the initial 'hardships' of settlement in a new land, if your family is ready for it, GO FOR IT....NOW!!
If the police reports of other family are ok then they would have no probs, I M SURE!

Good Luck!

Hi friends....

Hi Bro,

i really donno why did the local staffs who are working at the embassy did not inform about this to counselor. Having commerce and Sinhala pass. Those counselors does not understand anything about what is the first language while looking at the G.C.E o/l certificate that is issued from the Department as far as that is being said by the assistant(local guys).

At least local staffs should say it even na as a Sri Lankan , because it's not 10 or 100 LKR, per-head
almost 100,000LKR. One thing i am definitely sure, all this matter is for money money money. Dear brother i am sure that you will get your VISA go ahead since they have given you a chance. On the other hand they need money.

me too waiting for the VISA. My case is weired one. ill let you know guy'z next month.

Gud Luck Bro....

Hi Bro,

i really donno why did the local staffs who are working at the embassy did not inform about this to counselor. Having commerce and Sinhala pass. Those counselors does not understand anything about what is the first language while looking at the G.C.E o/l certificate that is issued from the Department as far as that is being said by the assistant(local guys).

At least local staffs should say it even na as a Sri Lankan , because it's not 10 or 100 LKR, per-head
almost 100,000LKR. One thing i am definitely sure, all this matter is for money money money. Dear brother i am sure that you will get your VISA go ahead since they have given you a chance. On the other hand they need money.

me too waiting for the VISA. My case is weired one. ill let you know guy'z next month.

Gud Luck Bro....

I think my interview is successful. They asked me to come 29th for visa collection.

I think my interview is successful. They asked me to come 29th for visa collection.

Hey, you were there at embassy yesterday , i was there you might have noticed me a person getting the visa along with another person

Anyway congratulation bro all the best. i got the visa yesterday.

Hi! sanjayadine
CONGRATULATIONS:):)
ITS YOUR VISA AND DESTINY,THAT IS WHY YOU WERE SUCCESSFUL EVEN WITH DELAYS,DISAPOINTMENTS AND DIFFICULTIES.

GOD HAS ALWAYS A PLAN FOR EACH ONE OF US, WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THAT TIME COMES.

Hi Friends.....
I got the visa for me & my family
Thanks for everything.
Hi!sanjayadine
Great News. CONGRATS!!!!!:):)
GOD IS GREAT. Always he has a plan for us.
GOOD LUCK IN USA.

My case number is 2011AS00019XXX(Sri Lanka)
1NL received in july 2010(Through Email)
Forms sent to kcc by dhl on 16th of august-2010
DHL confirmed delivery on 18th august-2010
KCC confirmed receipht of forms by 25th of august 2010 through email message.
Police Clearance - Received on 31st October 2010 from us embassy of sri lanka.
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
Interview date- 10th May 2011 at Colombo(SL) American Embassy.(10/03/2011 received an email from KCC)
2NL - Received on 31/03/2011.
Medical - Completed on 06/05/2011
Visa Interview - Successful(10/05/2011)
Visa pick-up - Collected on 12/05/2011
POE - NEW YORK- New York City.
GC & SSN - Waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Friends
I arrived in new york city on 11/10/2011 and i am getting adjusted to the new life in usa.

I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
Interview date- 10th May 2011 at Colombo(SL) American Embassy.(10/03/2011 received an email from KCC)
POE - NEW YORK-New York City.(Arrived on 11/10/2011)
GC & SSN - Waiting.

Its good news for all of us..... Lasantha.... Wish you all the best
and i have something to clear....
What is visa bulletin.... ?
I hope to visit NY next 26th of nov
me, my wife & child has visa, I'm coming for settle in NY first...
That case , we must inform us embassy?

Its good news for all of us..... Lasantha.... Wish you all the best
and i have something to clear....
What is visa bulletin.... ?
I hope to visit NY next 26th of nov
me, my wife & child has visa, I'm coming for settle in NY first...
That case , we must inform us embassy?

Hi! Sanjayadine.
Thanks for your wishes.
Wish you all the best too in relocation to usa.
You don't have to inform us embassy,that you are going to new york or else any other state.
If you had given an address of another state, as your address in usa at the time of the visa interview. Then what you have do is when you arrive in new york, you have to give an address in new york to the immigration office of the airport.You have to inform the immigration officer to change the address. This is important, as your green card will be mailed to this address.

Good luck to you and your family....

Dear, Friends
I received my green card on 02/11/2011 through priority mail.
I am wishing all forumites/friends all the best and good luck in USA.
God is great. Praise the lord and keep faith in god always.
Thank you lord......
:):):):)

POE - NEW YORK-New York City.(Arrived on 11/10/2011)
GC - Received on 02/11/2011
SSN - Waiting...

Last edited by a moderator: