• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

@2012

For the 2012 DVS winners the October CUT OFF is 8,500. Its not a bad beginning although comparatively with 2011 it is relatively low as it was 9000 in October. We wish them all the best as they begin their Fiscal year.

@2012

For the 2012 DVS winners the October CUT OFF is 8,500. Its not a bad beginning although comparatively with 2011 it is relatively low as it was 9000 in October. We wish them all the best as they begin their Fiscal year.

my heart is pounding, the embassy interview is soon...............

Tough luck to be immigranting in times like these? Yee our people who went out there before like Njugunuts et al how goes it? Please do let us know. Fear of the unknown grips one HARD!

My interview date is approaching fast 18aug,so far i am well prepared everything is in-check.If u will be attending ur interview on that same day,wish you luck hope we meet!.God is with us.One question my comrades, how much is the taxi fare from airport jkia to the US embassy in gigiri,which taxi company would u advice?

regards

@tabbs we hope your interview was a success, please give us a brief of your experience and you also give us the new exchange rate

confidence

my heart is pounding, the embassy interview is soon...............

last week i and my wife were caught in the same situation you find yourself now but yesterday, a chat with the co just for 5mins ended the deal. Authenticity and boldness is the key. thats all.

Kseniasat, Iam a bit of confused here! you mean you apply for ssn, then again you are call later for figureprints? I plan to stay in the US for just three weeks then come back to square somethings home.
I was thinking of applying for ssn, doing driving test, then leave. My host can then send me whichever come out first so that I can use when traveling back.
Iam going to South Carolina- columbia. will travel around 18th November.
Wish you luck as you plan your journey.
@mamaiazo and my2011 hope all the plans are set.
@wanjeri, ngugimuturi and the rest wish you the best in your preparation.
@ngugimuturi do not take anything for granted, if you are not sure of anything, please visit the Nairobi embassy web. wish you luck.

Wanjeri you are a winner in jesus name.
You were in the forum early enough and hope you have prepared well.
Just arrange your documents well and be there very early ready for the interview.

@Members, I need your prayers my D-Day is early next week

You are already a winner in Jesus name! I believe you are well prepared, waiting for your experience.
@ Olyn, taking nothing for granted, doing the best I can.
Wish all others kina Nellimah, Wakahu all the best - with God everything is possible.

@ Wanjeri.

You've done your human part. The rest is divine and only time matters now. All will be well with you.

@olyn,

No, not for ssn. Fingerprints are required for a Re-entry permit, which I dont think now we will be able to get...

Thanks so much ksenasat and my2011 for the update.
Iam yet to book,. I was planing to book ethiopian airline, thats what lam used to. But now lam going to check on turkish and Qatar air. I want a return ticket
for two. Turkish seem fair ksenasat.
@kseniasat did you get enough information pertaining the re-entry permit? I have been asured since I don't intend to stay for more than six months when I return, I won't need one, so I gave up.
right now lam working on international driving licence, I will do the exams on thursday at AA of kenya. My host told me to get one.
Otherwise wish you all the best in your preperations. May Gods' favour follow even beyond.
@Wakahu, wish you the best. God who made you be selected among millions will provide enough fund for preparations.
@nellimah2 wish you the best.

Hi All,
i am planning to book from Ethiopian for October 2011,are Qatar and Turkish as comfortable as Ethiopian with Cheaper Price?thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
@ fikalab

Ethiopian air and qatar airways are cetrainly not in the same league in terms of comfort. There's a reason why they say qatar is worlds five star airline.fare will vary across airlines depending on where you are departing and your final destination city/state in the US.where are u headed in the US

@ fikalab

Ethiopian air and qatar airways are cetrainly not in the same league in terms of comfort. There's a reason why they say qatar is worlds five star airline.fare will vary across airlines depending on where you are departing and your final destination city/state in the US.where are u headed in the US

Hi My2011,
Thanks for your response,and i am heading to Silver Spring,Maryland which is 11km away from DC and 48km from Dulles International Airport(IAD) and my departure airport is ADD,Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.there is a promotion in Ethiopia that Ethiopian will have a discount in their fare for those who will travel after September but there is no change in their ticketing office yet.are u saying that Qatar Airways is comfortable than Ethiopian?how is their Fare compared to Ethiopian.i have never used any Airways before and i am kind of Air Phobic so i need better comfort with fair fare,what would be your suggestion?thanks

syokimau

wishing all 2011 winners who are waiting to go for interviews all the best,you will all make it in Jesus name.all the best my fellow Kenyans:)

hi all, i think i need some information. i am the winner of dv 2012 and checked the status so lately like on august 8 and managed to send it like on 12 and they recived my mail on 16th of august. As i have read the september bulettin on the kcc website, case number under 7000 will be concidered on october, which means the cut off line is 7000. Mine is like just below this line. My question is that i still did not recive the second notification letter through online or pobox. but i have like few weeks before the end of the october? do u think that i will recive the second letter with in this very short time?
thank you