• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

@olyn

We are already booked on Qatar airways for 12 sept through washington dulles. Our visas expire shortly due to the medical.
We are heading first for St. Louis Missouri. Don't think you'll find ethiopia cheap this time round.

Wish you all the best my2011. You are right. Iam in mombasa, my agent told me, almost all people around here have migrated from emirates airline to ethiopian airline.
but since lam her customer he promised to check for me a fair ticket. Remember high season has started.

Guys, you should check Turkish airlines. We bought our return tickets at 890 USD to Chicago. Travelling in the end of October. And from there you can buy one of the local american airline online ticket: southwest airline, american airline, united, continental, delta.

May we all prosper. May God Grant us all that we seek. Just realized its a very costly exercise. Medicals cost us 77650 watu 4 na Bado my son on Tuesday 26500 nazo payment za visa kisha airfare! Mola atusaidie.

@ wakahu

Just remind yourselves of the unique opportunity you have and you'll quickly put things in perspective. One family we were with had to spend 200K for medicals alone due to expiry of their initial Medicals but they were the happiest lot once they got the visas. Once you get the visas there is a fantastic feeling that simply pushes the money issues away. all the best n divine guidance be with you.

Only that is great news,hw much did u pay.although i am still to go for interview in 3weeks time i just need to be informed.Otherwise i am busy prepearing for the interview.I wish you a safe flight but pliz tell us ASAP how things will do over there.
Thanks
@olyn

We are already booked on Qatar airways for 12 sept through washington dulles. Our visas expire shortly due to the medical.
We are heading first for St. Louis Missouri. Don't think you'll find ethiopia cheap this time round.

Wakahu i believe it is for the good course,take my example i am going 4 my last semister in cumpus,i have to pay almost 100k for that semister,then another 100k for the visa process.na bado ticket.but am not giving up.i will have to try my best.
so dont think much of how much you spend you will go nuts.
Thank you
May we all prosper. May God Grant us all that we seek. Just realized its a very costly exercise. Medicals cost us 77650 watu 4 na Bado my son on Tuesday 26500 nazo payment za visa kisha airfare! Mola atusaidie.

@my2011,

But it must be one way. Is it?
Ours is a return @890usd + we decided to stay few days in Istanbul for sightseeing, they wont cover the hotel, but it is only 30$ per night per room in the historical part of the city.

Thanks so much ksenasat and my2011 for the update.
Iam yet to book,. I was planing to book ethiopian airline, thats what lam used to. But now lam going to check on turkish and Qatar air. I want a return ticket
for two. Turkish seem fair ksenasat.
@kseniasat did you get enough information pertaining the re-entry permit? I have been asured since I don't intend to stay for more than six months when I return, I won't need one, so I gave up.
right now lam working on international driving licence, I will do the exams on thursday at AA of kenya. My host told me to get one.
Otherwise wish you all the best in your preperations. May Gods' favour follow even beyond.
@Wakahu, wish you the best. God who made you be selected among millions will provide enough fund for preparations.
@nellimah2 wish you the best.

@olyn,

I was not really following up on this question, was too busy at work. But I think we also wont do that and will just try to finish everything before 6 months. Also I realised it wont be possible, coz my husband will only stay in US for 2 weeks, though I will stay longer and wait for the green cards and ssns. And when you apply for it, they will call you later to take fingerprints, which might take longer.
Which state are you going to? City?
When are you planning to travel?

My interview date is approaching fast 18aug,so far i am well prepared everything is in-check.If u will be attending ur interview on that same day,wish you luck hope we meet!.God is with us.One question my comrades, how much is the taxi fare from airport jkia to the US embassy in gigiri,which taxi company would u advice?

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Those yet to do their interviews, wish you the best. Plan well not forgetting that everything ends in mid sept- Nairobi embassy. No room for AP.

Was at IOM on Monday and booked our meds on 29th Aug - met with two guys with interviews on 16th September! Discussed with them and one argued there's no big deal since the letter was from KCC - ati wanajua venye wanafanya! Didnt argue anymore with him. The other said he will enquire!

My interview date is approaching fast 18aug,so far i am well prepared everything is in-check.If u will be attending ur interview on that same day,wish you luck hope we meet!.God is with us.One question my comrades, how much is the taxi fare from airport jkia to the US embassy in gigiri,which taxi company would u advice?

regards

@tabbs we wish you all the best as you face the consular tomorrow and please you update us on the exchange rate especially now that the shilling against the DOLLAR is unpredictably.God will see you through.