• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

@ Olyn, My2011 thanks for your response, like you said - truth is what matters and i'll stand by that if am asked for the photos. To the others who have done their interviews - prepare well and success will fill this thread! wish everybody the best

hi all.. well....and the truth shall set you free.
I have same situation as Ngugimuturi,same interview date and time.
customary marriage 2008,entered lottery as married,obtained marriage cert late 2010,
we have 2yr 0ld daughter,no photos for customary marriage but few photos in our early life (early 2009) & civil marriage photos.have some disturbing quest:
1)quote from Nai Embassy web-"Note that the appointment time for all interviews is between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m. Monday through Thursday, excluding Kenyan or American Holidays and the last Wednesday of the month. If the beneficiary does not appear with all the required documents and appropriate interview/issuance fee before 10 a.m. on the appointment day, they will be rescheduled to a later date. It is the applicant's responsibility to contact us, either by phone, email or writing to reschedule the appointment.
1) I'm worried coz my appointment is at 1pm,should we go there earlier than 10am?
2) how much in Total does medical cost for the 3 of us at IOM?
3) What is the current exchange rate $-Sh at Embassy? thank you

i really appreciate this forum bcoz its really educative. For all those gong for interview wish you all the best. with GOD everything is possible.

grade!!!

My wife grades are not that impressive,COs stricted on grades? We recently formalized our marriage through the AG can this deter us from getting the visa becoz of the dates?
Thanks, ilove this forum

1) I'm worried coz my appointment is at 1pm,should we go there earlier than 10am? What i saw the guards do at the gate is that they check your appointment time and only let you in 30-45mins prior to your appointment time. Call or email the embassy to confirm this to be on the safe side. But when i went to collect my visa at 2pm next day interviews were ongoing though i dont know for which category of applicants.
2) how much in Total does medical cost for the 3 of us at IOM? It will depend on your vaccination history but will range between 18k-24k for an adult. For a 2yr old child i am not sure but for us we spent 28k on our then one and half yr old son.
3) What is the current exchange rate $-Sh at Embassy? thank you At the time of my interview (28th June) it was Kshs.80/=

My wife grades are not that impressive,COs stricted on grades? We recently formalized our marriage through the AG can this deter us from getting the visa becoz of the dates?
Thanks, ilove this forum

Tabbs, who is the principal applicant, you or the wife? The minimum grade for principal applicant - Kenyans is D Plain. They will not look at the subjects performance. I guess the issue of formalizing the marriage late may not be so much of a problem, be prepared to support your marriage case with any proof you have should you be required to do so by the CO though.

1) I'm worried coz my appointment is at 1pm,should we go there earlier than 10am? What i saw the guards do at the gate is that they check your appointment time and only let you in 30-45mins prior to your appointment time. Call or email the embassy to confirm this to be on the safe side. But when i went to collect my visa at 2pm next day interviews were ongoing though i dont know for which category of applicants.
2) how much in Total does medical cost for the 3 of us at IOM? It will depend on your vaccination history but will range between 18k-24k for an adult. For a 2yr old child i am not sure but for us we spent 28k on our then one and half yr old son.
3) What is the current exchange rate $-Sh at Embassy? thank you At the time of my interview (28th June) it was Kshs.80/=

Best answer!

Best answer!

Welcome ngugimuturi. we are all brothers and sisters in this thread, we are heading to a foreign land, why can't we keep contact even there?
Go thro' Ghana and Nigerian thread, they help one another even beyond. They never lose contact.
I have been frequent visitor to usa, and in two occasion, I have attended a Nigerian get togather X-mas party in Buffalo NY, I have also attended Ethiopian wedding in Charllote SC.
I have njugunut, and magkin contact at least.. Please my brothers and sisters let us not abadon the thread however busy we maybe. we might need one another maybe during graduation or wedding. just my opinion
@Valvin what maimazoo has told you is true. marriage certificate , child and photos are enough evidence that you people are married.
In my 2NL , the interview time was 1200pm. I e-mail Nairobi Embassy for confirmation, and I was told to go at 6.30am. I did exactlty that, and was interviewed at 10.00am.
I suggest you e-mail them for confirmation, print the copy with the reply. They guards will understand. Thats what I did.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ All forumites. In God we trust.Congrats my2011on your visa pickup. It certainly was a harrowing experience and you a turf cookie as you handled yourself with dignity. Aluta continua. To all others awaiting their turn,all the best.
@mamaizoo,asante meficals ni Mombasa jumamosi. Ijayo.

Welcome ngugimuturi. we are all brothers and sisters in this thread, we are heading to a foreign land, why can't we keep contact even there?
Go thro' Ghana and Nigerian thread, they help one another even beyond. They never lose contact.
Big idea there olyn, support you 100%. Its great that we continue contributing to this thread always, support each other whenever need arises - like in such occassions, sharing ideas and atleast be happy together. Will be happy if in contact with my fellow Kenyans. Thanks olyn, you got my back.
@My2011, Congratulations.

@mamaizoo @olyn n Ngugimuturi thanks a lot.am yet to go for Ugandan Cert of good conduct at Uganda's CID.other docs are ready xept medicals..all the best as we wait for that glorious moment.as u said lets keep in touch.

@ olyn

Can't thank you enough for the prayers. It was tough but atleast knowing God and truth is on your side was comforting.

Thanks all. All the best.

congrats,,God is always GOOD lets praise him all the time.pray for us too.

Administrative processing no documents asked

Now what next in Nairobi Embassy after 221gs to DV2011 applicants and deadline is soon drawing nearer?

@valvin

Can't agree with u more. Thanks

@Tabithawekesa

Were u given 221g yellow sheet written administrative processing(AP)? If so you need to examine your documents,family situation or CO line of questioning carefully. putting yourself in the C0 shoes think of what may have not satisfied them. the AP sheet at Nairobi is issued if they need to confirm an issue. If you're 100% sure of your application, its a matter time before they call you for your visa. I've just finished AP. Please note that there is NOTHING you can do to quicken the procedure but trust me those people know exactly what they are doing much as it is unpleasant to us. I believe they are faster in the closing months of the DV. Just be PATIENT. All the best.

well my people i have my interview soon and i will update what happens after. before that i want to know few thing which i have coming across. what do you guys mean you keep the photocopies separate and originals separate? do i have to make copies of my original documents.....my second question is. those that went for the interview do the guys care about the documents that shows your status in kenya since am not a real Kenyan (foreigner) and since i have married after the first NL considering the validity of marriage cert which is genuine in kenya...what are likely tips that i have to encounter. as in that i have to take seriously?.

@ prince114

Not real kenyan? Never heard of that category. You either kenyan, foreign or refugee. please clarify. If you are a beneficiary may be there may be less weight on it but if you're the principal applicant then you should be able to produce the identity document that allows you to stay in kenya. How will/did you get the kenya police certificate?
As for the marriage- being after winning producing a marriage certificate by itself proves very little. You'll need to prove that a relationship existed before and after the date on the certificate. If it did then don't worry yourself-you'll be able to answer any question.
For the documents you need a copy for each except the police certificate and medical.
Given the time of the DV year do not leave the CO with doubts to want to confirm anything.
All the best.

if you have stayed in kenya for more than 12 months you need one if not ok.
Assuming you have a foreign passport showing entry into kenya may be validity of your presence may not matter especially if you come from the countries in the region whose immigrant visa applications are done at nairobi. Just my thoughts.

CN 2012AF00051*** forms sent on the first week of August

My2011, when do you plan to travel?
maimazoo, I normally use Ethiopian airline or Qatar airline. mine is normally return. I do pay between 116-120 k , Iam plaining to buy a return ticket for the two, since I will be coming back in December
for my dues payments and also plan to dispose some of my properties - not all. I will ask the agent how much it will cost for one way.
I plan to travel mid November.
Those yet to do their interviews, wish you the best. Plan well not forgetting that everything ends in mid sept- Nairobi embassy. No room for AP.
@Wakahu. hope all is well