• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Ksenisiat
Congrats!

Gingerr n Mamaizoo

if you are going there as a couple carry every evidence that shows that effect .
My2011, We are going as a couple - had a christian wedding, were married b4 the eDV and had filled thus. We have our marriage Cert and certified copy of it. I guess it will do us no harm carrying the wedding pics and video. I got a baby 2months after the eDV but we hav the birth cert. Hope this will not be an issue as i put him in the DS230 forms i sent to KCC.

My2011, what is the progress so far with the AP? Have they called you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kseniasat

My question is, are you guys asked to bring photos of your weeding,
or you had it with yourself just in case asked ? I was wondering KCC might ask this documents while they send second notification letter, in the list of required documents,for those who included their spouse after they filled thier eDV form ?

We got married after my husband got a letter that he won.
We were not asked to carry any photos and infact they believed us without any questioning. Maybe because i am white, i dont know...It would be kinda weird if i come from my home country (which is in europe) to kenya just to marry somebody for the dv :).
But anyway, just carry all the evidence you have and go through the questions they can ask you about your spouse. They are available on google )).
As for us we carried:
- Wedding pictures album
- 2 albums from our trips
- 1 album of everyday life photos.
- Video from our wedding
- Our old passports with visas to the same places on the same days
- Evidence of having a joint savings bank account
- My husbands life insurance docs where it is indicated that I am a beneficiary
- Tenant's agreement signed from both us and rent receipts payed by me or him in different months
Plus you can print all you emails or better if you have letters.
Any evidence of your relationship will do.

Congrats those who have gone for the interview. Congra Kensiasat for doing quiet well.
Iam happy you have sheded more life to them that are going as couple.
Mamaizoo and Ginngerr, hope you learn something . Pray and just wish you well.
Kensiasat, did you meet any single perant with children? I will be going I think mid July as single with a baby girl.
I've never been married and we were just friend with the Dad when I got my baby.
Fortunately, he has given me a sworn affidavit ,a copy of his ID card attached, starting that he is the father of the baby, we are not yet married, and that he has no objection, I and the baby being given immigrant visa.
House help me, what type of questions do you think I will face.
mamaizoo, just written to KCC to confirm the actual date.
I already have certificate of good conduct. Medical not yet, want to confirm the date first.
Wish evryone well.

I want to thank God for a successful interview. I wish you all the best and you shall also succeed. The CO was so friendly. So try to smile and be audible and the outcome will be positive.

Hi all, I can see there's been quite a lot of activity and success on this forum. We give thanks to God for that. I wish all who are planing the move his blessings and wisdom. I'd also like to encourage you to save some money as you prepare to leave Kenya.

God has really blessed me, and I'm very thankful. I got a full time job with great benefits including health, car, bonuses etc. The one piece of advice I'll give to all when you get here is to spend a LOT OF TIME on the internet looking for work, and use job boards like monster, simplyhired, careerbuilder. And don't just use a generic CV, adapt your CV for every job that you apply for and write a nice cover letter that addresses your strengths and why that company (googling the company can give you some flesh). It'll pay off, and don't get discouraged. Out of like 10 applications, I got a response from 2 but one of the two hired me. I'm sure if I hadn't found a job yet I'd still be applying but don't get discouraged. Also, even if you accept a lower paying job at first (because one must meet their expenses!), don't forget to keep searching for a better opportunity. My lack of American experience was definitely an issue but if you can package yourself as a hardworking team player who is eager to learn and intelligent, you'll probably get a chance. Another main thing is honesty, I cannot overstate the importance of this. Be honest about your past and this wins you trust.

I wish you Blessings and God's favor.

njugunuts

Which state are you in? Which city?
What is it profession? What kind of job did you get?
Would really appreciate if you write some more about it.
Both my husband and I have quite good jobs in Kenya, He is in IT field works in quite a good world wode known company and I do business + 2 other jobs. So, we still have some doubts wheter to leave everything and just go or continue growth here. Yes, 95% that we will try our luck, but still...there is a lot to think about.

We are still thinking about which state to go and most probably will go in October, but will have to come back here to finish everything..

I want to thank God for a successful interview.

Congrats Gichan, we thank God for your victory. What questions did the CO ask? Will appreciate if you can give us the interview experience in details. All the best in your future plans.

Gichan, what is the exchange rate at the embassy ndio nijipange sawasawa.

God has really blessed me, and I'm very thankful. I got a full time job with great benefits including health, car, bonuses etc. T

We thank God for you Njugunuts, that's truly His doing. Thanks for the updates on life there, keep posting them, they really are of help to us. Blessings.

Kamauz,

We need to hear from you. What is the progress so far. Have you heard anything from the embassy? Pliz keep in touch.

We thank God for the success of @gichan during the interview and kindly share your verbitm experience with the members of the forum. @Kensiasat shared experience was also enriching to the members of this forum and the best thing for her to do is just go out there and try her luck it might be a better place than here. People with the IT are more marketable and she should also get the experience of people like @Njugunuts and @ammecko9 who have shared their experinces without any reservation. They have been a blessing to this forum as there experiences have been enriching. Their shared experiences on the other side has also inspired those on the waiting list
@Kamauz our prayers and as a member of this grand House share you experiences with the house because once one shares a problem with other members the problem becomes lighter.
@Mamaizoo you are the next on line and as you prepare you should know members of this forum are with you in prayers.
All the issues and questions posted on this forum have been a source of learning and inspirations to those members who are preparing as one cant stop learning until you face the consulor on that window during the interview.

This forum has been of great help, let keep the Kenya fire burning. Guys am 2011AF00083XXX and I think am one of the highest CN in Kenya. Whats are my chances? And again what does CURRENT mean like in last year for September? Thank you all

@Ngugimuturi you are not the highest the highest so far n this forum is @scarnam at 89 and @nellimah at 87 compared to your 83. My case number is also high and it means all of us will be current in September. That's all those who will be current will be interviewed during that month.And in our case the most likely time for everybody else with high case number in Kenya is that they will all be current in September.Everybody has a chance so keep on preparing and have all your documents ready.

And again what does CURRENT mean like in last year for September?

Ngugi, what current for September last year meant is that all the case numbers within the range given for that month were scheduled for interview. Except for one yr, all case numbers have been scheduled for interviews in fiscal yrs past and i believe the same case will be for this yr. So keep preparing so that when Sept comes all your docs will be in order, you shall surely be current.

dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

All high case numbers will be current in SEP

Case No : 2011AS00033XXX
Enter the lottery : 2009 Oct
1st NL Received : 30/05/2010
2nd NL Received :waiting (hopefully june 2nd week)
Status : 2nd NL was sent from KCC on 19/05/2011 confirmed by KCC on (24/05/2011)
Police clearance : waiting
Medical :waiting
Interview Date: 7th July 2011
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :(hopefully july 12 or 14)
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

Congrats Gichan, we thank God for your victory. What questions did the CO ask? Will appreciate if you can give us the interview experience in details. All the best in your future plans.

Gichan, what is the exchange rate at the embassy ndio nijipange sawasawa.

Hi Mamaizoo,
I want to thank everyone on this forum coz the discussions that we post here really help and one get answers of questions that we may have.
My interview was very short that i could not believe it.
-I arrived at 7.00 though my interview was at 8.30.
-Then i checked in at the security.
-I then went in but the consulars were not yet in.
-They delayed coz the interviews started at around 9.30.
-I was the 3rd person.
CO- we are sorry to keep you waiting because we have started abit late
ME- its ok maam.
CO-so tell me, what do you do with yourself here in Kenya?
ME- i answered
CO-what do you plan to do when you go to States?
ME-i answered
That was it i was told to collect my Visa the following day.
In my view you have to be bright, smile with the CO and be audible and you will get it.
I wish my fellow forumists the best of luck and GOD will be with you all.

Thought I will butt in- If you are both comfy in Kenya- stay right there and continue doing what you are doing. USA might not be for you. He might never hold another IT job for next many years/ and for you I dont say but I would not for anything drop everything and head out here to start from zero if you have established yourself in Kenya. ( I have been here for past many years and have seen it all.)

njugunuts

Which state are you in? Which city?
What is it profession? What kind of job did you get?
Would really appreciate if you write some more about it.
Both my husband and I have quite good jobs in Kenya, He is in IT field works in quite a good world wode known company and I do business + 2 other jobs. So, we still have some doubts wheter to leave everything and just go or continue growth here. Yes, 95% that we will try our luck, but still...there is a lot to think about.

We are still thinking about which state to go and most probably will go in October, but will have to come back here to finish everything..

@wanjeri and mamaizoo; Thanks - imagine ever since i returned the NL, I lost hope I have even never told anyboy about it, buy with you i've started gaining some hopes - mko juu sana!

Guys, this is abit confusing: I read this in (dvlotteryinstructions) "After the month of July many regions sector will show as current means no new numbers will be called for the DV Lottery interview" Might this be the truth? Who knows someone in Kenya who has ever be scheduled for a visa interview with a higher number than the cut-off on the visa bulletin? Lets dig this out!