• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Thanks so much gichan, I will wait for the second Leter and then do the medical, but in mombasa.
I wish you well as soon you will be going there.

Olyn,

I wish you the best too and i believe your going to get your second NL. Just be patient. May our good Lord see us all through. Amen.

with 57XXX being current by july,will case 87XXX be current anytime or we might be locked out?.

Hi nellimah

Don't worry about that.. you will be current in AUG OR SEP

Case No : 2011AS00033XXX
Enter the lottery : 2009 Oct
1st NL Received : 30/05/2010
2nd NL Received :waiting (hopefully june 2nd week)
Status : 2nd NL is sent from KCC confirmed by KCC on (18/05/2011)
Police clearance : waiting
Medical :waiting
Interview Date: 7th July 2011
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

Hi forumites,
I believe all will be current by September. Those with high CN should not worry. In previous yrs apart from one fiscal year (dont remebr which) all became current by Sept for Africa. It shall be well, just have faith in God. All the best to everyone.

You are right wanjeri, high number demands that you be perfect,. and you know being human beings, we all have short comings!
So the only thing is to rust the creator.
The advantage with high CN, is also that you learn a lot from the forum,. you ask questions and get answers where you have doubt. Otherwise our destiny is in Gods' hands.
Those due for interview in June, wish you best of luck.

hi olyn n all forum members the new n the old like me its gud tht u r keeping the forum alive i like i here have been observing ur posts wouid like to congrate olyn for being curent u will probably do ur interview very early september hpoe ur geting things ready medical in mombasa is cheap i paid Around 19,000 n something if u have a kid go with his/her imunisation card it will probably be cheap.to mamaizoo hope uv confermed the amount its nt for a family of 3 it can range 70,000 to 75000 at iom but am nt sure thts jst an aproximation.to the rest of forum member hope ur fine am doing great over here i believe we shall all meeet here.bye guy n take each step to ur destiny in a wise way.
all best guys.

documents

Thnks guys,

kuhanth i see you have like a month to go,i wish all the best plus all the members that are current soon .
For guys who have already done the interview,just want to confirm if they reguest for a bank statement?.apart from medical,police record,medical,education and birth certifacates,do we have any other documents requested, especially if you are travelling alone?.

Thnks guys,

kuhanth i see you have like a month to go,i wish all the best plus all the members that are current soon .
For guys who have already done the interview,just want to confirm if they reguest for a bank statement?.apart from medical,police record,medical,education and birth certifacates,do we have any other documents requested, especially if you are travelling alone?.

Hi Nellimah2,

Majority of those who have already gone for interviews have confirmed that they were not asked for bank statements but its advisable to carry whatever document you can get coz at times cases differ. so if you have one make a point of carrying.

Thanks so much magkin, for keeping intouch. Happy that you are doing well. Will call you soon if you still use the same number.Ya planing to do my medical soon after confirming the interview date. Iam yet to send e-mail to KCC to confirm the dates.
I have done the Police records,put in place other things etc.
Just a bit of tense as every one else would be.
Things are moving on quite well in the forum. People are going and we are getting postive testmonies and just thank God.
We just pray that Africa becomes current in Aug- Sep,. things are moving fast .
mamizoo, gichan good luck.

Thanks so much magkin, for keeping intouch. Happy that you are doing well. Will call you soon if you still use the same number.Ya planing to do my medical soon after confirming the interview date. Iam yet to send e-mail to KCC to confirm the dates.
I have done the Police records,put in place other things etc.
Just a bit of tense as every one else would be.
Things are moving on quite well in the forum. People are going and we are getting postive testmonies and just thank God.
We just pray that Africa becomes current in Aug- Sep,. things are moving fast .
mamizoo, gichan good luck.

Hi Olyn,

All i can say is that we really need to keep on praying for each other. I am attending for my interview next week and i need your prayers. Lets do our part by having our documents ready and God will do the rest for us. Olyn once you confirm the interview date just book for your medicals and all will be well. I wish everyone the best and Gods blessings.

Hello DV-2011 Winners from Kenya,

Am DV-2011 winner from Uganda, i kindly seek for advice. KCC has scheduled my interview together with my wife on 30th June 2011 unfortunately my wife is pregnant and her due date to give birth is around 30th June 2011. And on top of that she can't go for x-ray examination. How do i go about this? Do they expect pregnant ladies from x-ray tests? Can i postpone the interview to late July around 25th July 2011? Won't i be risking our chances of succeeding in getting a visa?

Case No : 2011AF00048XXX
1st NL Received : 05/06/2010
2nd NL Received :24/05/2011
Status : 2nd NL is sent from KCC confirmed by KCC on (20/04/2011)
Police clearance : 04/05/2011
Interview Date: 30th June 2011 scheduled by KCC
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

@gichana all the best and our prayers we look forward for a testimony of success and for the Lord to grant you wisdom as you face the consular. You will emerge successful as you have kept yourself informed from this forum where useful experiences have been shared it will become handy next week.
@Magkin nice to hear from you as you are still a member of the 2011 club and we will benefit a lot from your immense experience until the curtain closes for the high case numbers.@oswel should weigh all the options at hand because the fiscal year is coming to almost an end but the best thing is to explain his situation to the embassy and book for an interview the earliest time possible like 2 weeks after delivery if you are certain so that the wife has the strength to travel and also you are not very late.Members with such an experiences should also share their experiences before you make a decision

Hello DV-2011 Winners from Kenya,

Am DV-2011 winner from Uganda, i kindly seek for advice. KCC has scheduled my interview together with my wife on 30th June 2011 unfortunately my wife is pregnant and her due date to give birth is around 30th June 2011. And on top of that she can't go for x-ray examination. How do i go about this? Do they expect pregnant ladies from x-ray tests? Can i postpone the interview to late July around 25th July 2011? Won't i be risking our chances of succeeding in getting a visa?

Case No : 2011AF00048XXX
1st NL Received : 05/06/2010
2nd NL Received :24/05/2011
Status : 2nd NL is sent from KCC confirmed by KCC on (20/04/2011)
Police clearance : 04/05/2011
Interview Date: 30th June 2011 scheduled by KCC
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

You don't need to postpone the interview because you may not get another chance before the end of the dv-2011 fiscal year (Sept 30, 2011). Additions to your family before your interview is not going to be a problem but you have to know that if your want the baby to go with you to the US, you have to pay for the baby's visa application which is the same amount you will be paying. You can always update your file so far as you can get the visa for your baby before September 30. If your wife give birth before your interview, you have to quickly inform the consulate by sending a copy of your baby's birth cert to them and also going to the interview with the original. Your baby need to undergo medical examination and pass before being issue with a visa.

On the other hand, if your wife give birth after your interview, you can still apply for a visa for your baby before the end of the fiscal period. I also know that you can travel to the US if you give birth just before you travel to the US. In that case you have to apply for a visa for the baby once you get to the US at the POE. You need to do a bit of research on this option.

So basically, there are many options for you so you shouldn't be worried.

Our Interview Experience.
It was scheduled for 24th May at 12. The only things we did on that day is bsacally left all our documents and paid the fee. We were told to come back on 26th at 6:30.
When we came at 6am, already found a long queue. After waiting a bit us and few more people ewre called to the waiting area next to the intervie window. As we were waiting, we could hear how other people were interviewed. The first one was a couple and I guess they got married after entering DV. They were asked the same questions separately. Such questions like: which side of the bed do you sleep, ur wife? where does you wifes mother live? when did you start sleeping together? when did your wife graduate? What did you have for breakfast? This couple was refused a visa, because according to the officer that did not know each other good enough. But from my point of view there was a small misunderstanding. The guy said they had for breakfast yam, office didn't get what is it, then he said irish potatoe. When his wife was asked the same question, she answered - arrow roots. So, basically it is the same thing, but I think the officer did not know what is it and just compared that answers sounded different. Plus the girl could not locate clearly on which side of the bed she sleeps. I think they were just a bit too nervous and that played its role.
Anyway, when we heard that, became so worried. Our case is the same - yes, we were living together from 2008, but got married only when my husband got the notification letter. We carried 4 huge photo albums and some other evidences of the true relationship, like insurance documents, where its indicating that i am his beneficiary, joint bank account, old passports showing that we travelled together for holidays, etc.
We were only asked few questions.
- How did you meet?
- Why did you come to kenya? (I am not kenyan, while my husband is)
- When did you start living together?
- When did you get married? - My husband said june instead of july ;) and I corrected him expecting that they wont forgive us such a mistake. ;)
- What are you planning to do in US?
- Who is the host?
Suprisingly both of us were not feeling nervous and were talking freely to the officer and answering her questions confident.
After asking that, she said: "You can collect your visas at 2pm".
I was so surprised that the office really did not check the proof of our marriage and felt for my husband carrying that huge bag with albums everywhere ;) and asked her: "You wont even look at our pictures?"
She: "There is no need, I can easily see which couples are real".

That was it.
We saw few more people being interviewed on DV and the rest were singles, so they were really not asked many questions and all who were there got their visas.

All the best to everyone here!

It was scheduled for 24th May at 12. The only things we did on that day is bsacally left all our documents and paid the fee. We were told to come back on 26th at 6:30.
When we came at 6am, already found a long queue. After waiting a bit us and few more people ewre called to the waiting area next to the intervie window. As we were waiting, we could hear how other people were interviewed. The first one was a couple and I guess they got married after entering DV. They were asked the same questions separately. Such questions like: which side of the bed do you sleep, ur wife? where does you wifes mother live? when did you start sleeping together? when did your wife graduate? What did you have for breakfast? This couple was refused a visa, because according to the officer that did not know each other good enough. But from my point of view there was a small misunderstanding. The guy said they had for breakfast yam, office didn't get what is it, then he said irish potatoe. When his wife was asked the same question, she answered - arrow roots. So, basically it is the same thing, but I think the officer did not know what is it and just compared that answers sounded different. Plus the girl could not locate clearly on which side of the bed she sleeps. I think they were just a bit too nervous and that played its role.
Anyway, when we heard that, became so worried. Our case is the same - yes, we were living together from 2008, but got married only when my husband got the notification letter. We carried 4 huge photo albums and some other evidences of the true relationship, like insurance documents, where its indicating that i am his beneficiary, joint bank account, old passports showing that we travelled together for holidays, etc.
- How did you meet?
- When did you get married? - My husband said june instead of july ;) and I corrected him expecting that they wont forgive us such a mistake. ;)
- Who is the host?
Suprisingly both of us were not feeling nervous and were talking freely to the officer and answering her questions confident.
I was so surprised that the office really did not check the proof of our marriage and felt for my husband carrying that huge bag with albums everywhere ;) and asked her: "You wont even look at our pictures?"

That was it.
We saw few more people being interviewed on DV and the rest were singles, so they were really not asked many questions and all who were there got their visas.

Glory to the Almighty God,Congra that u made it through.it was so nice and helpful to others.

Congrats to you Kseniasat and your family. I guess you are the fisrt couple to go to the interview in the thread (or there is another one?) Well, to all those going for their interview in June - victory is yours in Jesus' name.

@Olyn, how are you doing? did you confirm the interview date?

Hi Kseniasat

My question is, are you guys asked to bring photos of your weeding,
or you had it with yourself just in case asked ? I was wondering KCC might ask this documents while they send second notification letter, in the list of required documents,for those who included their spouse after they filled thier eDV form ?

- How did you meet?
- Who is the host?

That was it.

Ksenisiat
Congrats!

Gingerr n Mamaizoo

if you are going there as a couple carry every evidence that shows that effect . The Nl2will not ask for that but when you go for the interview you'l be shocked being asked for things like pictures, when you met, when you married etc(any other proof). I was asked for photos from nowhere. luckily we had some for our civil wedding. after all that they put us on AP to confirm our 'foreign' marriage certificate