• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Iwmi, Can they give you a letter then for the purposes of the interview. Try see if they can give you one confirming they have the cert with them.

is it possible to correct a mistake on the forms sent to KCC.am current in march and i realised date of birth for my mum and dad are incorrect.can i email KCC give them the correct dates or am i time barred.anyone pls?

is it possible to correct a mistake on the forms sent to KCC.am current in march and i realised date of birth for my mum and dad are incorrect.can i email KCC give them the correct dates or am i time barred.anyone pls?

to iwmi.i would advice u to get the original KCSE CERTS to be on the safe side.
anyone using his phone to contribute to this forum pls what do i do to use my phone its impossible.thanks guys.

@nyasuna i will try to get that letter thks

About the mistake...once kcc told me that small correction or one update (for example from the dv entry to the interview u might have graduated) can be done on the day of the interview.
But a date of birth i dont know how it will be evaluated...try to email kcc.

Hi Nyasuna,
KCC starts to assign interview dates for the March interview starting from January 15. You may send them an e mail specifying your corrections, but I am afraid that it may be too late. I suggest you email them and if it is late, you have no options but to deal with it at the time of the interview, if it is raised. It even might not be raised at the interview. Parental issues like their dates of birth are not major concerns. Good luck.

Guyz iave finally believed that iam not current for the month of march but by Gods grace ishall be come may n all of us who r yet to be current bt missed by some thao we shall all be happy n rejoicing. case no:33...

kcc confirmmed me our interview dates at dhaka us embassy on the middle Need advice from everybody. i have the following documents for dv interview-
1. passport----------- mrp
2 ssc and hsc certificate, mark sheet registration card and admit card ( except husbands hsc admit card, he lost it and didn’t take new one because of new issue date of admit card date.)
3. police clearance report_ waiting (hopefully get very soon).
4. medical_(waiting yet done)
5. marrige cerficate both English and bangle version but issued after wining the dv though i married before dv application and applied dv with spouse.
6. we both have a good number of very old id cards like old passport, college id, all library and all university ids and office id's.
7.as we both are banker and i am the primary applicant and my husband has changed to new bank. does it create any problem cause in dsp-230 form he showed his previous employer name. last December he joined another bank and we didn’t inform it to kcc. and actually kcc has confirmed last Thursday us that they will send a confirm within 7-10days. so i think in this case kcc doest have any thing to do.
8. i have used my fathers address(my fathers owns that home) as our address but we stay at my husbands home(it is a rented house) which is close to fathers house and we stay both home by rotation since our marriage. so does it create any problem?
9. for bank statement: as I am working in a bank for one year, I can show only my salary and I don’t have any account to other bank.

that’s all i have available to me and so far as i know, i dint have any wrong information give to my dv application and all information are genuine and all documents are 100% ok. So guys what do you think guys what do you think is it ok or I need more to collect. Please give me advice. Thanks all and wishing every body to get dv visa in the coming month.

guys,
I'm current in March. Bit of Surprise with the bulletin quickening pace.
anyone tell me if they know how long it takes to renew or change old generation Kenya passport to new generation passport in Nairobi? my passport will have less than 6 months left to expiry when I'm due for interview in Nairobi.

IWMI
Your predicament is a bit weird. Never heard of an institution that withholds KCSE certificate.Its one of the critical requirements for eligibility for DV so any ideas about alternatives would most likely be disastrous for you.YOU JUST HAVE TO GET IT! good luck with the institution.

........but the university wont give it to me until i graduate...but it's an accredited american university...how tha hell i could have enter if i didn't have the kcse? i hope at the interview they will accept the leaving cert and proof of my enrollment...(school id, exams that i passed...)

@ Imwi, the embassy does not care even if you go to an American University ,have letters from here till Timbuktu, have letters from their professors etc. The rules are unequivocal: you need to have the KCSE certificate OR if you want to go through the with work experience, you must have two years of experience in the last five years, in an occupation which, by U.S. Department of Labor definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher. for details see...http://online.onetcenter.org/

I'm pretty sure you want to use the educational route so go and find that KCSE certificate, whatever it takes. Beech on the Australian thread had a slightly similar case, in which she couldn't produce her high school certificate and was denied a visa. Do not assume that because you're studying in an American University it gives you exemptions. They are bound by rules which state that they MUST see your KCSE. Here is Beech's experience (click on the fast forward icon to see the threads):

Go about it the right way.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone tell me if they know how long it takes to renew or change old generation Kenya passport to new generation passport in Nairobi? my passport will have less than 6 months left to expiry when I'm due for interview in Nairobi.

The passport office has become efficient. Two weeks usually with an upper limit of 1 month. If you need it sooner than two weeks, talk to the guys at the reception, they can expedite for a little extra on the side. :) You can get it the same or next day for an extra 2 or 3 gees.

Has anyone gone for interview with a traditional or customary marriage certificate(without a wedding)? Please let us know.

In Kenya, we only have one kind of marriage certificate, which can either issued by the church/mosque or the AG's (Attorney General's)/ DC's office.This is a registered marriage. Thus there is no such thing as a traditional or customary marriage certificate.

However, if you are asking if you should use evidence of a customary marriage, Don't bother. Outright denial. Get a legal document i.e one that is registered and issued by the country, even if it is dated today. Just remember to carry evidence to support your previous customary marriage e.g. photos, joint statements, and even that customary certificate etc., and explain that you have been marred but you needed legal documentation for the sake of DV processing.

when will I be current

How much does the sponsor need to have in the account during the interview and my case no. is 69xxx when might it be current?

IWMI, KCSE is the passage to high school and university, you must have it, please visit the education offices,try find
a solution tobe complete. we pray and wish you well.
My2011, good luck, march is just the other month.
I renew my old generation PassPort in Mombasa, it took less than two weeks, i told them I was travelling out.
Nairobi, I don't know, but things nowadays are a bit of striaght-forward. Luck
Ngugunut, I have missed you, wish you luck.
Wanjeri welcome to the forum, just keep in touch you will know your fate soon.
Exparts are here, they will do the calculation for you, mamaizoo etc, but you have a bit of high number, probably the last months of DV 2010, Iam also high, but we are optimistic you know!

How much does the sponsor need to have in the account during the interview and my case no. is 69xxx when might it be current?
Please read through this forum from the beginning till now and 95% of your questions will be answered. Welcome to the forum.

May the LORD'S favor be upon those who will be going for interview this week. They'll have successful interviews and share good testimonies with us. May the Son of Man intercede for you that day. Amen! Peace! Benniit

Hi guys

@Kamauz and @Njugunuts all the best in your interviews.
@IWMI, pliz go to all lengths to have your KCSE cert with you at the time of interview. Pliz read the Australia thread recommended by Njugunuts on this matter.
@ Wanjeri, be assured you will have your interview before the DV 2011 fiscal year ends in September. For now it is not so easy to predict when you will be current but as the months move it shall be possible. Welcome to the forum and pliz update your signature by going to settings at the top right hand side of this page. Select on settings and on the window that appears select edit signature on the left hand side. All the best as we continue with this journey.

1st NL Dated:16th April 2010
NL received:15 May 2010
Forms Sent: 6 June 2010
Police Cert: Not yet
Medicals : Not yet
Interview: Not yet
Current: Unknown