• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Mamaizoo, No easy things, 'kazi hakuna' they mean' white coller' job. but while still waiting for it, you can do anything to survive,yes. secondly it depend on where one is landing. I was introduced to a kenyan freind who just work part time in a factory.Hes' bought a pick-up and do light- transport work while off duty. He is doing well, and is happy, while actually he is a graduate looking for a teaching job. God will see us, God who handed you this oprtunity, can not lead you to suffering mamaizoo and the rest.
I miss njugunut, hope she's ready for the interview, kamauz, we pray for them.
when are you current mamaizoo?

Olyn,
we will make it by the grace of the Most High God. I don't know when i will be current but should the current trend continues i may be current in June or earlier than that should the numbers increase with 6k or more each month. Lets wait for this month bulletin and may be we can be able to better predict. Blessings

Hi forumites,

I have this question. My KCSE certificate does not bear my surname but my passport does. Will this be a problem at the time of the interview? I need to know urgently nijipange in case of anything. I emailed the embassy inquiring whether its a requirement i obtain an affidavit of support from my sponsor in preparation for the interview last week and they have not replied yet,still waiting for their response.

I think you have something higher than KCSE certificate,but to be on the safe side you can get an affidavit to suport the names just incase they ask for verification.. Going to education board to get the name change or added will just frustrate you. I don't know what others have to say.
I myself don't have a Primary certificate, it got lost. Just have others, what do you say?
About the affidavit of suport, Iam not sure. my sponsors are just willing to write letters. lets wait for your reply, then we can act. we are togather.
People are quite,that means things are moving.
Be blessed.

Happy New Year pple,@ Mamaizoo i have a similar issue wea my K.C.S.E en My diploma Cert have similar concern.ie. In this two documents my Mom appears as the Sir Name.However in all other documents of mine including passport My dads name appears as the sir name.Got me? I dont know if i should call the embassy and clarify that or should i take up an oth at with a lawyer???
2nd-According to my case number i should be current in feb.Can i start the Medicals and the police thing or should i wait for 2nd NL???when is it likely to come or can i call Kcc???
3rd-When should i expect the interview to be???
Kamauz and Njugunuts how r u guys???

CN::2011AF00025***
NL Dated: APRIL 2010
1stNL Received: May 2010
Jun 2010 Sent Forms by DHL
DHL Confirm delivery : Jun 2010
Kcc confirms receipt: NOT YET
Interview Confirmed: NOT YET
Police cert:
2nd NL:
Medicals:

I think you should call KCC.

Happy New Year pple,@ Mamaizoo i have a similar issue wea my K.C.S.E en My diploma Cert have similar concern.ie. In this two documents my Mom appears as the Sir Name.However in all other documents of mine including passport My dads name appears as the sir name.Got me? I dont know if i should call the embassy and clarify that or should i take up an oth at with a lawyer???
2nd-According to my case number i should be current in feb.Can i start the Medicals and the police thing or should i wait for 2nd NL???when is it likely to come or can i call Kcc???

Police cert:
2nd NL:
Medicals:

Hi menjo, i am not from kenya. But i think you should just do as you said. Get every thing sorted out, so as not to leave any thing to chance. As for your interview date, Kcc will be in a better position to tell you how far they've gone with your case number. Am sure since you submitted your forms early, there should be nothing to hinder you from being current in February. So i would advice you call kcc to confirm, if they've sent your second nl or not. I think their response will determine what your next line of action will be. Note: When calling kcc you will have to provide them with this informations. Your name, your full case number and your date of birth in this format. mm/dd/yy. Gudluck!

Police cert:
2nd NL:
Medicals:

Happy new years everybody. Hope all is well am about 2 weeks away from my interview hope it turns out great....Menjo since your are current in Feb your 2NL should be here anytime soon, KCC ship them out 4-6 weeks before your interview. You can go ahead and obtain your cert. of Good Conduct and also book an interview at IOM with or without your 2ND NL..Good luck

Compliments of the new year!

Olyn
Welcome back.all is well as you can see in the activity of the thread

I think you have something higher than KCSE certificate,but to be on the safe side you can get an affidavit to suport the names just incase they ask for verification.. Going to education board to get the name change or added will just frustrate you. I don't know what others have to say.
I myself don't have a Primary certificate, it got lost. Just have others, what do you say?
About the affidavit of suport, Iam not sure. my sponsors are just willing to write letters. lets wait for your reply, then we can act. we are togather.
People are quite,that means things are moving.
Be blessed.
Olyn,
I think getting an affidavit is the best idea. The KCPE cert aint that important otherwise it would be asked for at the visa interview. They had said they would reply my email at the mebassy in 3-4 days but sttill waiting.

Menjo, I think we should get an affidavit as Olyn suggests. Also, my mum's name appears as Maria in my birth certificate ( she was a teenager with no ID when she gave birth to me)and Mary in the ID. Bcoz i filled Mary in the DS230, I think mum will need to get an affidavit for me.

mamaizoo, affidavit is the best option. I know those people trust affidavit so much. make sure you go to a good lawyer, who has an international seal (stamp). lam also doing the same cause my name was mis-spell in the birth certificate. I went to registrar of persons' office to get it corrected, but the boss there told me, its not possible. reason the records are at immigration offices too,and because I have travel outside the country using the passport several times, my records are with NSIS, so the best option is not to change anything at this point.
Kamauz I wish you luck, Menjo you are current in Feb. Just call KCC and confirm the interview dates.
Go for Medicals and obtain Police records, put all your documents inorder and trust God.,all is well.
my2011,lam back,thanks for taking care of the house activities. You people are just wonderful.
God bless all.

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

Forumites,

Finally the embassy has replied to my mail regarding the AOS. And this is what they have to say,"Kindly visit the following website for details on requirements www.dvselectee.state.gov". There is no where in the interview requirements page where an affidavit of support is mentioned. What is your take on this guys?

Just buttin in. The embassy folks wrote an
Lemail not too long ago that all you need a letter from your sponsor. (I was the sponsor in this case). And thats all i did. A one paragrah note saying i will receive and assist mr X. Till he can stand on his own. Mention my status and gave em my contacts.

Just buttin in. The embassy folks wrote an
Lemail not too long ago that all you need a letter from your sponsor. (I was the sponsor in this case). And thats all i did. A one paragrah note saying i will receive and assist mr X. Till he can stand on his own. Mention my status and gave em my contacts.

Thanks Katimich,

To be on the safe side i will ask my sponsor to send me the letter so that by the time my interview is due i will have received it.

Thanks maimazoo for that research, I think I should also have such a letter.
Its true there is nowhere indicated that one must have a sponsor in www.dvselectee.state.gov website,but some people have been ask who will recieve them. so its better you have an answer in case they ask .
Thanks katimich.

olyn, mamaizoo

affidavidt of support;
from what's gathered in the different threads the AoS is more relevant if you are current towards the closing months of the Dv i.e high case # such that in case they ask for it you won't go into AP under 221(g). If you can get anybody willing to write a letter they u can do (as a precaution)or keep them on standby just incase the CO requires it during the interview.
The only Kenyan case i remember of AoS was For Mjamaa from Dv 2010( but he was doing processing as a student in INDIA!)

happy new year guyz.iave been away from the forum 4 quite awhile,coz where iwas there wasnt internet access,bt now am back.miss u all

Just talked with my sponsor. He is sending me a letter plus copy of his paycheck. I think it is better to have the AOS with you than have the CO ask for it and you don't have. As My2011 puts it, for those of us whose interview may be from June upwards have it with you. AP sometimes take time. Nsiah from Ghanian thread was put on AP October last year and has not heard from the Accra Embassy even now.

I thank God Iam a believer, otherwise mamaizoo you scure me when you say that people who will be going for interview, as from June onwords should have letters of support. Iam planning to get one yes, and its a good idea. but do you mean that as time runs and closing time nears, things becomes harder? anyway we are praying and will pray and pray, God is faithful.
We are still walking these walk, as we promised when we meet here, but no much activities in the house! where are people?
We will still need one another even after the interview. there's still the question of settling in the USA, job hunting, education, and some like me want to go, activate the green card, then come back home to finalise somethings. How to do it, I will still need help from you people. so lets not tire up, God is watching and talking care.

Last edited by a moderator:
happy 2011

happy new year every1,
av been away frm u guys but thank u r keepin the forum alive I was far from my internet device.olyn yes we need each other heard ur in town we shal gt jobs jst like we gt here in kenya.njugunuts n kamauz we r prayin 4 u guys ul make it.mamaizoo,my2011 n others hope ur al fine wish u al the best am stl preparin financialy i need 2 get cold atires n etc. soon il be goin feb or march.

I thank God Iam a believer, otherwise mamaizoo you scure me when you say that people who will be going for interview, as from June onwords should have letters of support.

Olyn, the statement is not meant to scare you but to make you prepare thoroughly and in time. Suppose one's interview is in July/August and they put you on AP just bcoz of an AOS, si then the DV 2011 fiscal year might end when you are still under AP as you wait for your sponsor to send you the letter? The earlier one gets his/her docs in order the better. Its better uende nayo waseme, "No, we don't need this"