• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Interview updates.

As I mentioned earlier my boy went to the Embassy on his interview date- on Thursday at 1230hrs- We call it day One- They collected his documents, was fingerprinted and made the payment- 65K. he was asked to come back on Monday- today at 7am. He goes in today and they had only two questiosn
1. whom do you intend to stay with in US and why do they stay?
2. where do you come from?

Mr. XX Congratulations you can now migrate to US and work on becoming a US citizen come back in 2 days to collect ur parcel.

(Am so happy for him- this Guy has never been to Nrb leave alone US?)- There God and He loves his people. So I will buy him a ticket and pick him at DFW before Xmas.
Thanks for you'all,s prayers.

As I mentioned earlier my boy went to the Embassy on his interview date- on Thursday at 1230hrs- We call it day One- They collected his documents, was fingerprinted and made the payment- 65K. he was asked to come back on Monday- today at 7am. He goes in today and they had only two questiosn

Mr. XX Congratulations you can now migrate to US and work on becoming a US citizen come back in 2 days to collect ur parcel.

(Am so happy for him- this Guy has never been to Nrb leave alone US?)- There God and He loves his people. So I will buy him a ticket and pick him at DFW before Xmas.

The visa is already his in Jesus name, amen! Peace unto u, chap. Benniit

hi guys.am also from kenya and was among the lucky winners of dv 2011.

Lucky you! You're in the house of the Lord for achievers & successors You're welcome! Failure here is not entertained at all, for the Lord is with us just believe Him. I don't know the denomination that you belong to, whether you're a Muslim or Christian we all serve the same God and He will surely do it for us. Peace! Benniit

Another bright Monday has come and the usual question pops up. Anybody for interview this week so that we can include that angelic one on our prayer list? My Bible tells me that God has not forsaken His people, what can man do to me? Fear Not! The Lord is with us! We will surely get there. Peace! Benniit

Hi guys...i have been wondering about the whole medical test procedure.,.do you need to have the 2nd Notification Letter first?...does the embassy tell you where to undergo the test?

so long

hi every body I hae bin runing up n down trying to prepare myself for the day which is 2moro.my have bin using my phone to update myself but of late it had a problem.nyway I c u r stil making it live.sory oly,mamaizoo,for nt replying.
am nw in nairobi ready for the interview 2morow AM somehow confused I wanted to change the visa money into dollars is it ok?coz iv jst read on successor used kenyan shillings yesterday.
I believe the visa is mine
amenn!!!!

Magkin, lam happy to hear from you. We pray for you, don't worry, you will go through it tomorrow. I have been tracing for you. God be with you. If you wish, you can change the money in one of the many Banks in Nairobi,but the Embassy accept either dollors or kenyan shilling. you have to relax and get settle for thr d- day,don't keep on running around with money in the street of Nairobi less you get disapointed.
Katmich, we are very happy for the young man. We are destined for success the way Beniit puts it.
Kamauz its not a must you get the 2NL before going for medical test, when your CN is about tobe current following the visa bullentin,you can just do the test as you wait. The house will assist you. Keep intouch

Congratulations to the young man. Our God is God of wonders. What He can do no man can do. All the best to the young man and may God bless you Katimich for the support you have given him.

hi every body I hae bin runing up n down trying to prepare myself for the day which is 2moro.my have bin using my phone to update myself but of late it had a problem.nyway I c u r stil making it live.sory oly,mamaizoo,for nt replying.
am nw in nairobi ready for the interview 2morow AM somehow confused I wanted to change the visa money into dollars is it ok?coz iv jst read on successor used kenyan shillings yesterday.
I believe the visa is mine

amenn!!!!

Magkin, u visa interview is already a success. The visa is yours in Jesus name. You shall come back here and tell us of the Lord's doing. As Olyn puts it, u can either go with money in Kenyan currency(which i would opt to) or change at the banks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys...i have been wondering about the whole medical test procedure.,.do you need to have the 2nd Notification Letter first?...does the embassy tell you where to undergo the test?

Kamauz, thanks for joining us in this thread. Please keep in mind medicals are valid for only six months. I would advise you wait to know January 2011 cut off numbers in the next few days to at least enable you predict when you may be current before you start the medicals.
You can check the US Embassy Kenya website for details on place and location for the medical test.

@Olyn, am right here...following proceedings every day...guyz....is the Dec Bulletin out? am hoping for a leap...i pray...:)...

Hi guys. Am so happy that some good news have started streaming in.we thank the lord for everything.He who began good work in us is able to accomplish.those are the words of the lord.so guys lets be hopefull en thankfull for the lord is just about to show himself real in our cases.For Magkin be expectant of the good report today.we are with you in prayers.@ Kamau. welcome to this community vuta kiti hapo nyuma tujielimishe zaidi.@ Katimich.you are such a blessing to hear about.God will surely remember to reward your efforts. Godbless ya all.

CN::2011AF00025***
NL Dated: APRIL 2010
1stNL Received: May 2010
Jun 2010 Sent Forms by DHL
DHL Confirm delivery : Jun 2010
Kcc confirms receipt: Sep 2010
Interview Confirmed: NOT YET
Police cert:
2nd NL:
Medicals:

hi all of you,

I gave a call to KCC yesterday morning to check my case status and the agent said: << sir your case is already processed, you have to wait for your case number to be current, I advise you to check the visa bulletin on the 15th of each month >>.
I am terribly anxious cause my case number is so high, I dd not know if i will receive the 2nd letter and a consulate interview. This is an opportunity to realize the american dream, I really do not want to loose it.........some advices please...

hi all of you,

I gave a call to KCC yesterday morning to check my case status and the agent said: << sir your case is already processed, you have to wait for your case number to be current, I advise you to check the visa bulletin on the 15th of each month >>.
I am terribly anxious cause my case number is so high, I dd not know if i will receive the 2nd letter and a consulate interview. This is an opportunity to realize the american dream, I really do not want to loose it.........some advices please...

dadadada72,
You will definately be scheduled for an interview in the last month of DV 2011 Fiscal year. In past DVs all CNs became current in the last month i.e September . Take heart, you will surely realize your dream.

kamitich, congrats to the young man. he has started the class of 2011 with flying colours.

Magkin
relax go on now n pick it, while u r at it give a smile for us to the co. we're coming real soon...amen.

Can anyone explain how the Visa Bulletin works in simple terms...what should i look for as per my CN?

Mamaizoo, earlier you mentioned that a medical is valid for 6months only...what does that mean exactly?

Mamaizoo, earlier you mentioned that a medical is valid for 6months only...what does that mean exactly?

Kamauz, what this means is that should you do your medicals in November 2010 and you get scheduled for interview June 2011, you would have to repeat them since they will have expired. As for the visa bulletin according to my understanding, when they are out you check for the Africa region. If lets say the bulletin for Dec says that Africa cut off number is 19,500, it means that all those with CN falling below 19,500 will be current for January and if their papers are thru with processing at KCC they may be scheduled for interview within that month. Other forumites contribute towards this.

Can anyone explain how the Visa Bulletin works in simple terms...what should i look for as per my CN?

Kamauz, you may be current January. Just received this mail from KCC regarding an email i had sent them last week

"Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of January below 20,900. If your case number is current and has completed processing, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail."

If your CN is below 20,900 mail or call KCC and inquire of your interview date.

Thanks Mamaizoo..as per the email KCC sent you, the cut off number in January is going to be 20900 ..am i right?...if that is so i need to act swiftly