• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Hi Ngugi, from the study of the past bulletin , how do you tell the DV2011 will go faster.?
It was my first time to enter and I actually won, so I rely on the guess from you people.
I hope it does move faster.
Myself I cannot guess even when Iam likely tobe current.
I wish all the winners princessann, my2011, li'lagel, Benniit, and others good luck.
CN 2011AF00057***
1NL dated 20th April
1NL Recieved on 22nd May
22June Forms to KCC by DHL
28TH June KCC confirm reciept.
2NL- NOT YET
GODS' TIMING IS THE BEST!

Amen, Olyn! Though you'll wait for sometime, blessed are those who wait unto the Lord. Trust me, ur visa is kept safe in advance waiting for collection. Peace! Benniit.

lil'angel, you are right, Kenyans we are not doing enough. We should communicate more like our west Africans fellows.we have a long way to go.
Now for the qualification, you are above the qualification they satated.You have a qualifying education,and work experience.thats better.Iam an A' level, college and work in A banking Industry. I wrote both.
I have also heard that the 2NL are out, lets pray and wait. Mine is very high,but pray I will reach.
CN 2011AF00057***
INL received 20th April 2010
Forms send back 22nd june 20110 by DHL
KCC Confirm reciept june 28 2010
2NL??????

Bennit, its true. Blessed are are those who trust in the Lord.
I pray that we are all believers.
Lets pray for one another.

Hey all,

Yaani there's kidogo activity on this forum so it keeps being pushed down the list, had to search for it. To make it easier to find, @ princessanne, is it possible to make it a sticky so that it stays at the top of the list? Tried to do this but can't since i'm not the creator.

So, here's what I have learnt in my absence from the forum:

1. For 2011, called IOM Nairobi Hospital and they told me that I should go with about 25k. I have no idea why it seems to have gone up so much. However, its expected to cost about 18-22k. And as Trixam said earlier, having had chickenpox (real or imagined :)saves you a cool 4,500.

2. Carry your documents to the embassy in a clear bag. You will have to leave envelopes etc. behind and you'll be quite confused trying to sort them out. Also, put the copies directly underneath the originals to save you time.

Also realized that most of the 2011's are posting on the 2010 forum. Kindly join this as well so we can keep it alive once the 2010's are through.

In other news, lets pray that all goes well with the members below:

Oliseh and BlackRock- 7th September 2010
Mjamaa- 8th September

All the best!!!!

Hey all,

Yaani there's kidogo activity on this forum so it keeps being pushed down the list, had to search for it. To make it easier to find, @ princessanne, is it possible to make it a sticky so that it stays at the top of the list? Tried to do this but can't since i'm not the creator.

So, here's what I have learnt in my absence from the forum:

1. For 2011, called IOM Nairobi Hospital and they told me that I should go with about 25k. I have no idea why it seems to have gone up so much. However, its expected to cost about 18-22k. And as Trixam said earlier, having had chickenpox (real or imagined :)saves you a cool 4,500.

2. Carry your documents to the embassy in a clear bag. You will have to leave envelopes etc. behind and you'll be quite confused trying to sort them out. Also, put the copies directly underneath the originals to save you time.

Also realized that most of the 2011's are posting on the 2010 forum. Kindly join this as well so we can keep it alive once the 2010's are through.

In other news, lets pray that all goes well with the members below:

Oliseh and BlackRock- 7th September 2010
Mjamaa- 8th September

All the best!!!!

am sure its moving slow coz the visas for 2011 have not started yet. Its gonna be a long wait for some of us lakini i know patience pays. Am still confused whether to change my interview to london as i had earlier put nairobi though am based in uk. Any advices?

am sure its moving slow coz the visas for 2011 have not started yet. Its gonna be a long wait for some of us lakini i know patience pays. Am still confused whether to change my interview to london as i had earlier put nairobi though am based in uk. Any advices?

Came up with an estimate of how the numbers might go if the last few years are any indication (and also factored in the yearly slight increase). If my math serves me right, you should be current in April-June so that's not too far. You'll have good time to get your documents in order.

I think having your interview in London may make it easier for you so that you don't have to travel back this way, and save you some money as well. What you should consider before making that decision though is how "proper" your paperwork is i.e is your ID ok, birth certificate ok (do the dates of birth match),passport ok (>6 months expiry) etc. I know the Kenyan embassy in the UK is fabulous so you shouldn't have any problems getting a certificate of good conduct. However, Oliseh who is doing his interview tomorrow would be best placed to give you specific advice. He may give you a better idea of what issues may arise by doing your interview outside the local embassy (He's doing his in Japan?). I'm sure he'll comment after tomorrow.

If you do decide to change it though, the sooner you update your KCC forms the better so you can have adequate time to put your paperwork together.

Bennit, its true. Blessed are are those who trust in the Lord.
I pray that we are all believers.
Lets pray for one another.

tuko paoja olyn, just that the wait to be current will be long and anxious, so sometimes we'd be forced to shangilia from aq distance..but we'll do it loud till we get there.

njugunuts, if one is outside the country and date of birth on ID is different from date on birth certificate/passport, what would u advise?

depends on what reasons makes u wanna change to Nai, like Njunuts says if all paperwork is in order and will be till then i'd suggest u stay put in london.also bear in mind that if the change will be effected after the scheduling of date in nairobi you may be scheduled later than your current month. in hurry to states? decide.

Lo, its D- day for Oliseh, --7th September 2010,
Mjama 8th Sep.
Lets put them in our prayers. I pray they go thro' 'ndio na sisi tupate encouragment.
Ngugunuts- you mean one can start the medical early? say like vacinations.
I work in an institution where I can get all the necessary vacinations at either Aga-khan or Nairobi Hosp.at my requst for free. Tell me Ngugunut, which vacination can ease things for me, or the medic will
demand to repeat all the tests again.
Secondly, you are right we should concentrate on DV 2011 forum and keep it walking.
DV2010 is almost over, maybe by 15th sep Nairobi Embassy.
I also understand Second NL are out.
Anyone heard?

CN 2011AF00057***
Notification dated 14th April
INL 20th April
Forms send to KCC 22nd june by DHL
KCC confirm reciept on 28th June
2NL Waiting
Medicals?????

The Lord is with u all.

I wish all forumers who are having their interviews today success. Please, be confident, look straight into the eyes of the CO. Never try to scratch ur head to a question, since Africans are known to tell lies when their scratch their heads.

Don't panic. Give concise answers, since more questions are generated from lenthy answers. Please remember to make copies of all certs. The Lord is with u all. What's written is written! If the Almighty God says YES, who are u to say no? Brethen, it's done with good tesmonies in Jesus' name, amen! Peace! Benniit

10:45 am JST (+9 GMT)

CO:Congratulations your visas has been approve
Mr. Mrs Oliseh: Thank you very much
CO: Please wait for 7-10 days your passports will be sent to you with visa.

The CO the gave a white piece of piece which reads that the visa has been approved

I want to that The God of Heaven for his blessings upon my life. I also want to thank all of you for your support, encouragement,advice, correction and admonition. You showed great love towards me. May God richly bless you all.

I will post the whole testimony and interview experience.

Oliseh

The CO the gave a white piece of piece which reads that the visa has been approved

I want to that The God of Heaven for his blessings upon my life. I also want to thank all of you for your support, encouragement,advice, correction and admonition. You showed great love towards me. May God richly bless you all.

Oliseh

Again, congratulations! We can't wait for that wonderful testimony.

Oliseh

@ Oliseh, so great to hear about the interview going smoothly. CONGRATS!!! Cant wait to read about the whole experience.

@ my2011 The required vaccinations for immigration are:

* Hepatitis A
* Hepatitis B
* Influenza
* Influenza type b (Hib)
* Measles
* Meningococcal
* Mumps
* Pneumococcal
* Pertussis
* Polio
* Rotavirus
* Rubella
* Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
* Varicella

Most of us Kenyans get the highlighted ones at birth/infancy so the doctor may just ask you to see the immunization scar on your left forearm. The expensive ones are usually Varicella and MMR (Measles , Mumps, Rubella) and Hepatitis B. So what you can do is get your employer to give them to you, preferably from Nairobi Hospital so that records are easily available but I must stress that DOCUMENTATION IS KEY. Make sure you walk out of the clinic with the proper vaccination records. Without evidence that you have been vaccinated, you'll have to repeat all of them on medical exam day. The vaccinations acan be done as early as 6-12 months ahead with no problems, but I suggest you wait until about 1-2 months before you are current to go and do the medical exam.

njugunuts, if one is outside the country and date of birth on ID is different from date on birth certificate/passport, what would u advise?

The official documents required by the embassy are your passport and birth certificate so as long as the two of them match, I don't think you should lose sleep over the ID's date of birth. However, you need the ID to get a certificate of good conduct and I have seen some people who plucked the fingerprint sheet(for this reason) and got away with it. I guess its really up to you. I would suggest though that you write a letter requesting a change of particulars, photocopy the birth certificate and national ID and talk to your embassy. They should be able to sort this out.

Again, I am SOOOO excited about Oliseh's successful interview. Can't wait for others to start sharing their successes.

Came up with an estimate of how the numbers might go if the last few years are any indication (and also factored in the yearly slight increase). If my math serves me right, you should be current in April-June so that's not too far. You'll have good time to get your documents in order.

I think having your interview in London may make it easier for you so that you don't have to travel back this way, and save you some money as well. What you should consider before making that decision though is how "proper" your paperwork is i.e is your ID ok, birth certificate ok (do the dates of birth match),passport ok (>6 months expiry) etc. I know the Kenyan embassy in the UK is fabulous so you shouldn't have any problems getting a certificate of good conduct. However, Oliseh who is doing his interview tomorrow would be best placed to give you specific advice. He may give you a better idea of what issues may arise by doing your interview outside the local embassy (He's doing his in Japan?). I'm sure he'll comment after tomorrow.

If you do decide to change it though, the sooner you update your KCC forms the better so you can have adequate time to put your paperwork together.

thanks for ur reply my dear. How long is the cert of good conduct? Am travelling to kenya in january so i can do it before i leave. The other docs are here with me and they are fine apart from the name in my birth cert which for some reason, my mum didnt include my dad's surname. Do u think an affidavit is good enough for this?

How long is the cert of good conduct?Am travelling to kenya in january so i can do it before i leave?

It's valid for 3 months so by the time you come in January, I think it may be a bit too early? since I think you'll be current earliest March but most probably April. Maybe what you can do is go to CID and get fingerprinted but send the request for the certificate later. Talk to the cops at the information desk, they're pretty nice and may agree to do this for you.

......apart from the name in my birth cert which for some reason, my mum didnt include my dad's surname. Do u think an affidavit is good enough for this?

I think its more than adequate. You may actually not need it if your surname is the same as your father's last name in the field that says "Father's Name" on the birth certificate.

Hi gud people,hope you are well en expecting good reports just like i.From Nairobi Kenya waiting for the second NL.lets keep intouch.Godbless.

CN::2011AF00025***
NL Dated: APRIL 2010
1stNL Received: May 2010
Jun 2010 Sent Forms by DHL
DHL Confirm delivery : Jun 2010
Kcc confirms receipt: NOT YET
Interview Confirmed: NOT YET
Police cert:
2nd NL:
Medicals:

Hi gud people,hope you are well en expecting good reports just like i.From Nairobi Kenya waiting for the second NL.lets keep intouch.Godbless.

CN::2011AF00025***
NL Dated: APRIL 2010
1stNL Received: May 2010
Jun 2010 Sent Forms by DHL
DHL Confirm delivery : Jun 2010
Kcc confirms receipt: NOT YET
Interview Confirmed: NOT YET
Police cert:
2nd NL:
Medicals:

Menjo welcome to the forum.you will receive wealth of information and advice from the forum that will help you wiith you DV processing.

@ Oliseh, so great to hear about the interview going smoothly. CONGRATS!!! Cant wait to read about the whole experience.

@ my2011 The required vaccinations for immigration are:

* Hepatitis A
* Hepatitis B
* Influenza
* Influenza type b (Hib)
* Measles
* Meningococcal
* Mumps
* Pneumococcal
* Pertussis
* Polio
* Rotavirus
* Rubella
* Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
* Varicella

Most of us Kenyans get the highlighted ones at birth/infancy so the doctor may just ask you to see the immunization scar on your left forearm. The expensive ones are usually Varicella and MMR (Measles , Mumps, Rubella) and Hepatitis B. So what you can do is get your employer to give them to you, preferably from Nairobi Hospital so that records are easily available but I must stress that DOCUMENTATION IS KEY. Make sure you walk out of the clinic with the proper vaccination records. Without evidence that you have been vaccinated, you'll have to repeat all of them on medical exam day. The vaccinations acan be done as early as 6-12 months ahead with no problems, but I suggest you wait until about 1-2 months before you are current to go and do the medical exam.

The official documents required by the embassy are your passport and birth certificate so as long as the two of them match, I don't think you should lose sleep over the ID's date of birth. However, you need the ID to get a certificate of good conduct and I have seen some people who plucked the fingerprint sheet(for this reason) and got away with it. I guess its really up to you. I would suggest though that you write a letter requesting a change of particulars, photocopy the birth certificate and national ID and talk to your embassy. They should be able to sort this out.

Again, I am SOOOO excited about Oliseh's successful interview. Can't wait for others to start sharing their successes.

njugunuts,
excellent input and thanks so much. you're right its fever pitch for olisehs sucess