• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Congratulation Lil angel.....keep reading the posts ul be v ery informative........looking from ur signature u hv a good CN. Wish u all the best.

Hi Princessanne,

Thanx very much for the wishes. I wish you all the best too. I hope we continue being in touch even after we get our visas. B blessed.

Hi am also 4rom kenya and got my nl in may.can anyone
tell me when ishall be current
case no;2011af00033***

Hi freinds,

hv u seen the number of CNs from ethiopia being current for the coming october? it is too much (7, 500), never seen in any of the previous year. so, from this, Am'I wrong if i expect this fiscal year's DV prossessing for ethiopians is gona be too fast.

best of luck,

Hi evri bady!!!
Jeez we are not so communicating often..we really need to keep up like our west African brothers...they are really encouraging and advising each other on steps forward. I have this issue though if anyone has an ansa pls help.
Ok now on the qualifications u are qualified if u have atleast a secondary education or have a 2yr working experience in a job specified by them. Now n if u have both like in my case i am a graduate and i have a 3yr working experience as a computer system analyst....now...which qualification do i use? cause in my forms that i sent i wrote both...what will they use? or where do people write which qualification they want to use? in the first forms sent or when in the interview or just wen??

CN::2011AF00030***
NL Dated::19th April 2010
1stNL Received::7th May 2010
20th May 2010 Sent Forms by Post
Kcc confirms receipt::28th June 2010
2nd NL: Not Yet

'And all this is to the Glory of God'

Hey lil'angel,

if you fulfil their minima, that is enough. no need to worry for the rest, if their is any advantage with academic qualifications, with no doubt they will consider ur higest academic status. therefore, writing all ur qualification could be more advantageous, if any.

Cong' you chap.
You are just wonderful. I have gotten the vatal information about the DV,
I hope the forum is helpful to all.
Lets keep up!

Hi evri bady!!!
Jeez we are not so communicating often..we really need to keep up like our west African brothers...they are really encouraging and advising each other on steps forward. I have this issue though if anyone has an ansa pls help.
Ok now on the qualifications u are qualified if u have atleast a secondary education or have a 2yr working experience in a job specified by them. Now n if u have both like in my case i am a graduate and i have a 3yr working experience as a computer system analyst....now...which qualification do i use? cause in my forms that i sent i wrote both...what will they use? or where do people write which qualification they want to use? in the first forms sent or when in the interview or just wen??

CN::2011AF00030***
NL Dated::19th April 2010
1stNL Received::7th May 2010
20th May 2010 Sent Forms by Post
Kcc confirms receipt::28th June 2010

'And all this is to the Glory of God'

minimum ni Kcse so stay put u're ok.

Hi fellow kenyans ithink we need 2 share our experiences n stick close 2gether.anyway iave studied the visa bulletin 4 past yrs n 4 dv2011 it gona move fast.

Hey y'all.

I am also a Kenyan selectee.Got my package quite late (early July) coz I waited till I checked online if I had won, I had no idea that my NL was lying in the mail. Filled in my forms and sent them on 15th July by regular mail, was not sure about using express mail. Still awaiting KCC confirmation but sent them an email inquiry.I'm a total newbie at this, so kindly lets all share our experiences in Kenya so all can benefit.

So, has anyone in Kenya got their second NL yet?

CN::2011AF00019***
NL Dated::14th April 2010
1stNL Received:2nd July 2010
Sent Forms by Post: 15th July 2010
Kcc confirms receipt:Awaiting

Hey y'all.

I am also a Kenyan selectee.Got my package quite late (early July) coz I waited till I checked online if I had won, I had no idea that my NL was lying in the mail. Filled in my forms and sent them on 15th July by regular mail, was not sure about using express mail. Still awaiting KCC confirmation but sent them an email inquiry.I'm a total newbie at this, so kindly lets all share our experiences in Kenya so all can benefit.

Njuguna
Congratulations on being selected.
Now visit this site regularly for advices. Kindly visit Nigeria and Ghna thread because they have wealth of information.
DV 2011 winners need to keep this thread alive.
Wish you the best in your preparations.

Dear Friends

Please advise if someone can explain visa bulletin , which one we have to follow B or C to know whether our case number is current or not
See following example of July 2010 visa bulletin

B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY

For July, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 54,100

Except:
Egypt: 24,500
Ethiopia: 25,100
Nigeria: 18,850

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN AUGUST

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
AFRICA 64,300
Except:
Egypt: 26,000
Ethiopia: 25,625
Nigeria: 22,000

Any one can interpret the bulletin , it would be appreciated.

Regards

Dear Friends

Please advise if someone can explain visa bulletin , which one we have to follow B or C to know whether our case number is current or not
See following example of July 2010 visa bulletin

B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY

For July, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA 54,100

Except:
Egypt: 24,500
Ethiopia: 25,100
Nigeria: 18,850

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN AUGUST

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
AFRICA 64,300
Except:
Egypt: 26,000
Ethiopia: 25,625
Nigeria: 22,000
saad

Any one can interpret the bulletin , it would be appreciated.

Regards

Saad
Both are used. Visa Bulletin usually gives prediction for 2 months in advance.
(B) is for July
(C) is for August.
I guess this was posted in June, it showed the cut off numbers which could interviewed in July and August respectively.

In regards to this, we are now in August thus (B) and (C) should read

(B)For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

(C)ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER
For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

I hope this help.

Don't hestitate to ask any quiz just incase I might confused you further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey y'all.

welcome njugus,did same thing as you.waited till july 1 only to realise my nl1 was gathering dust in the post. been following the guys in ghana and kenya threads, quite forming.

Hey y'all.

Congrats Njugush for being selected about you using regular mail n problem as lomg as it gets delivered which you have to be confirming now and then since i know it will tek sometym....nwy keep sending emails to KCC and wait for their response......its very important to confirm if they reached kwanza if its regular mail.....meanwhile stay put by reading previous threadz just as oliseh has mentioned to you

of medical, police certs and sponsorship forms

Thanks all for the encouragement, especially trixsam and oliseh. Been reading the Ghana and Naija forums, quite informative.

Finally got tired of waiting for KCC to confirm receipt of my forms, sent them an email inquiry. Silence for 3 days so when Safcom announced the 50% airtime bonus :) I decided to call and find out if the forms arrived. They told me they had arrived and were awaiting processing, and I call them 2 months from now. (sigh of relief that the post office works!)

Now, I have some Kenyan-specific questions, especially for those who were 2010 entrants, akina trixsam and oliseh.

1. How much did medicals cost, how long before results are out, and most important, for how long are they valid?
2. How long is a certificate of good conduct valid for? Have one from April 2010, seeing as I expect to be current November 2010-February 2011, should I get another one?
3. The affidavit of support: do I still show that I have money despite the affidavit? If so, how much? And if I decide not to use an affidavit of support, how much chums do I have to show?
4. Do I choose my point of entry or is it arbitrarily assigned?

Pole bout the 1000 questions but I'd like to know what lies ahead ndio nijipange.

Thanks all for the encouragement, especially trixsam and oliseh. Been reading the Ghana and Naija forums, quite informative.

Finally got tired of waiting for KCC to confirm receipt of my forms, sent them an email inquiry. Silence for 3 days so when Safcom announced the 50% airtime bonus :) I decided to call and find out if the forms arrived. They told me they had arrived and were awaiting processing, and I call them 2 months from now. (sigh of relief that the post office works!)

Now, I have some Kenyan-specific questions, especially for those who were 2010 entrants, akina trixsam and oliseh.

1. How much did medicals cost, how long before results are out, and most important, for how long are they valid?
2. How long is a certificate of good conduct valid for? Have one from April 2010, seeing as I expect to be current November 2010-February 2011, should I get another one?
3. The affidavit of support: do I still show that I have money despite the affidavit? If so, how much? And if I decide not to use an affidavit of support, how much chums do I have to show?

Pole bout the 1000 questions but I'd like to know what lies ahead ndio nijipange.

Njugunuts

for your quiz, i would give the following answers.
The medical cost varies from clinic to clinic. Please call the clinics that are in the recommended lists of physicians given by the US Govt. I didn't do my medicals in Nairobi because my CP will be in Tokyo. However I think you should be fine doing medicals with Ksh 20,000. The medical report is valid for 1 year from the time to examination to the interview date.
Trixsam will give advice you on the best place to do the medicals.
I suggest that you have a police certificate that is not more than 6 months old. In some countries they need a police certificate that is less than 3 months. if I were you and currently live in kenya, I would go for the certificate when my case becomes current because the CID usually takes 14 days to issue it. However if you are outside kenya, start looking for it ASAP because sometimes it takes more than 1 month to get. Bear in mind that you will have to get police clearance from all countries that you have lived in more than since month if at the time that you resided in those countries you were 16 years or older.
3The affidavit of support: do I still show that I have money despite the affidavit? If so, how much? And if I decide not to use an affidavit of support, how much chums do I have to show?

If you have sufficient money in your account you dont need and affidavit of support. However you can still produce both affidavit of support plus your bank statement.
the place that you gave in DS-230 will certainly be your point of entry. if incase you want to change the point of entry you can still do it by sending an email to KCC.

Sorry for the quick reply, let me sign out coz my sweetheart is on my neck she wants me to take her out for dinner.

Nakuelewa Njugush I was in same situation last year a tym like this nway al keep it short

Medicals: 14,500-20,000 I paid 14,500(Hint wen the doc asks you if you can rem wen you had chicken pox say yes it will reduce the cost )

Cert of Good Conduct:Valid for 3 Months

Affidavit Of Support:Not a must(They even dont ask for it).....At the interview no one was asked for it....Advice:Go with Name,Address,State,Street & Telephone Number of your host....(Im assuming you are single )

Point Of Entry:I dont know confirm with Ammeck Ghanaian thread

Two months is long wait for you?.....looking at your case number you will be going for interview in November....wen did you send your 1st Nl?
Remember to be putting your signature

Hi Ngugi, from the study of the past bulletin , how do you tell the DV2011 will go faster.?
It was my first time to enter and I actually won, so I rely on the guess from you people.
I hope it does move faster.
Myself I cannot guess even when Iam likely tobe current.
I wish all the winners princessann, my2011, li'lagel, Benniit, and others good luck.
CN 2011AF00057***
1NL dated 20th April
1NL Recieved on 22nd May
22June Forms to KCC by DHL
28TH June KCC confirm reciept.
2NL- NOT YET
GODS' TIMING IS THE BEST!