• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

About POE

Dear all,
I need some help about POE
Please Describe about POE, I mean;
*What kind of Qus. they Ask to a newcomer/ new Immigrant person. and
*what kinds of work is there (POE) at time of entrance.
zahid vi, & others (who knows well or already in US) Please Reply.

Dear all,

@kabir007:1) immigrant officer wont ask you any special question or ask for any special documents. they will definately ask u yellow envelops which is given to u by us consulate dhaka.
2) there is nothing work to be done apart from telling them about the address u r going to and want ur green card to be delivered..

Dear all,

kabir don't take any extra tension for POE. Its very simple process. take the usa address perfectly where u r going. Remember your all immigration paper will issue on that address like SSN And GC so give the address perfect . U come JFK so your root will be Dhaka - Dubai- JFK if u take Ittehad air. what ever air ways u take try to take one transit . U can go Hollywood Travels it is in motijheel beside dainik bangla , in front of Decent Bakery. There a person Name Raju Vai i think he will give u best price and root. Tell him my name If u want. Try to fill up your embarkation for by the help of travels. In dhaka air port they check your visa and passport , for formality ask your address . En-dross dollar in your passport what ever u take, maximum u can take 5000 by your passport. When u in dubai or others they will check your passport and visa , and ask for your envelop (In Germany the asked us and check the front page information) here they give u a form that's call custom clearance Fill the form and write address perfectly . After arriving JFK they take your custom paper and check then after u can go or airport officer take u in a immigration booth , dv visa booth is different (IN dallas May be IN new york), there u will find many people from different countries under dv visa are waiting , there they take your passport And the envelop . After some time they will call u , take your picture , finger print and signature they again will ask u is the address is perfect. Here they will ask u some regular question all related on your visa travel time etc after complete the process they give entry seal on your passport .In Dallas they did not check my medical report for safety keep it with u. That's all so far i remember . these all process are in Dallas, may be in New york those will be same. Ok Brother .

Take care

Zahid

i just cant submit any reply from last few days.anyways congrats all (shafiq vaia ,kabir, masud).my husband went to embassy 2-3 times and also today.but they are telling that they will contact with us.but the last date is 29 sep.so now i m very confused what is the procedure.as the time will over tomorrow, when they will contact with us.any body have any idea.plz share ur view.i m just so much worried.

i just cant submit any reply from last few days.anyways congrats all (shafiq vaia ,kabir, masud).my husband went to embassy 2-3 times and also today.but they are telling that they will contact with us.but the last date is 29 sep.so now i m very confused what is the procedure.as the time will over tomorrow, when they will contact with us.any body have any idea.plz share ur view.i m just so much worried.

Actually sister i have no idea in this situation , Insallah call must come soon for next working day of embassy. Allah will help u . many person got visa on last day so far i know. Take care & best of luck.

Zahid

today i went to embassy.they didnt call us.i waited for 1 hr inside the embassy.there are some other people of dv on same situation.the co tell to come window 2 those name didnt tell on the microphone.a lady first take the blue sheet,check something on pc.then told me to wait for some time.she came back after 5 min.then told me""apnar husband er visa processing amra complete korte pari nai.""gave me a token and told to come sunday at 2.30.then i asked as i know the time limit is 30sep so when u will complete the procedure?she told me no its 30 sep and we have another one day.but 30sep is friday.so just have no idea how they will complete the procedure and why call us sn on 2.30pm.we are 10-12 people under this situation as i observed today.also 10-15 people got dv visa today.its almost 10 month i m under ap.they told to come my husband as he is the principal applicant.so plzz what do u people think?????its just seems to never ending tension

poe

hi every1 im in NY now. i came here 26th of this month.. im happy to see my dad, uncle, brother in law and many many relatives. thanks every1 in this forum who hav helped me.

today i went to embassy.they didnt call us.i waited for 1 hr inside the embassy.there are some other people of dv on same situation.the co tell to come window 2 those name didnt tell on the microphone.a lady first take the blue sheet,check something on pc.then told me to wait for some time.she came back after 5 min.then told me""apnar husband er visa processing amra complete korte pari nai.""gave me a token and told to come sunday at 2.30.then i asked as i know the time limit is 30sep so when u will complete the procedure?she told me no its 30 sep and we have another one day.but 30sep is friday.so just have no idea how they will complete the procedure and why call us sn on 2.30pm.we are 10-12 people under this situation as i observed today.also 10-15 people got dv visa today.its almost 10 month i m under ap.they told to come my husband as he is the principal applicant.so plzz what do u people think?????its just seems to never ending tension

Co Always call the principle applicant , no problem if u go with your husband on that day. whats the problem? they did not complete the processing in ten month!!! God knows. OK sis go on that date within 1 pm because they called me before 2.30 but they told to come on 2.30. I reached their at 2 pm and i missed the call for that i have to Waite their at the end of office hour. Inshallah sis everything will go in favor of your family. Take care.

Zahid

today i went to never ending tension

You will get visa on Sunday.. it is 100% confirmed. The embassy had to complete visa stamping on passport by 30th September. They can deliver it to applicant later on. And 2.30 is the delivery time. For your information....I had to face the same situation. They call me on 21/09 but there was no announcement for me. At last a lady asked us whose name was not called yet to go to window-1 . We few people writedown our case no and name in a white sheet as instructed. They then called some of them. I left alone in the second time also and wait. Then the lady asked me why I was waiting. I told her the situation. She then checked it and told me we have not completed your visa processing yet. It was bout 5 pm and I told her you called me to come here tody. She replied wait, let me see if we can issue it for you today. After waiting 10-15 minutes I got may package. So relux. If you were refused it must have already done before. You are getting visa sister. Trust on me.

You will get visa on Sunday.. it is 100% confirmed. The embassy had to complete visa stamping on passport by 30th September. They can deliver it to applicant later on. And 2.30 is the delivery time. For your information....I had to face the same situation. They call me on 21/09 but there was no announcement for me. At last a lady asked us whose name was not called yet to go to window-1 . We few people writedown our case no and name in a white sheet as instructed. They then called some of them. I left alone in the second time also and wait. Then the lady asked me why I was waiting. I told her the situation. She then checked it and told me we have not completed your visa processing yet. It was bout 5 pm and I told her you called me to come here tody. She replied wait, let me see if we can issue it for you today. After waiting 10-15 minutes I got may package. So relux. If you were refused it must have already done before. You are getting visa sister. Trust on me.

Inshallah.

- Nadia.