• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

reza12,

Congratulation !!!! There is no deadline for that but it is advised to send DSP-122, DSP-230 along with 2 copy pic as soon as possible. If you can let us know your case number (last 3 digit Xed) then we can guess when you should send the forms.

rony1985, CoolMagnate, reza12:
please add your case number (after masking last three number) and status in your signature. You can get help from my signature (the text in green color). To add a signature follow these steps:
- login to this forum
- go to Settings (at the top-right)
- go to Edit Signature

sik,
Thanks for your Important Discusion, Now I'm busy with my official work. I am irregular here. Inshaallah Next ,month to begening i shall come back regularly.

anyway!
Have we need any consultecy firm or lawyer's help upto get visa?
Okey, again thanks for all,
see you letter!

Hi,
I have been selected for DV. I livin in USA. My case number is: 2011AS00004XXX.
I sent KCC the required forms and then sent DOS the processing fee.
I can see that, KCC have taken the fee from the bank but I did not receive any receipt from them. I just got the return envelop I sent them for receipt with the page I sent them, but no receipt inside :( When I called DOS, they said they have no record of my case, and they asked to contact KCC. Whereas KCC mentioned not to contact them anymore! Please suggest!

sik,
Thanks for your Important Discusion, Now I'm busy with my official work. I am irregular here. Inshaallah Next ,month to begening i shall come back regularly.

anyway!
Have we need any consultecy firm or lawyer's help upto get visa?
Okey, again thanks for all,
see you letter!

I don't think you need assistance from Lawyer if you can organise the documents yourself but this is purely my opinion from my experiance. Wish you all the best.

Hi Lipna,

There should not be any receipt. You should find a seal of payment in the page that you got back. I am assuming you are doing AOS. I am also doing AOS. Please add your CN and status in the signature so that others will get help from it (you can follow my signature).

Hi Zahidul,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am doing AOS. Actually they sent me the page you are talking about, but there was no seal :( A small ink I can see as if the seal disappeared or too blur to see :( Am not sure if its okay or not!! I emailed KCC and they replied saying they sent the receipt to me. But as I said the page they sent has no seal. Either they forgot to put seal or the seal is too blur to see!!! Please suggest! Thanks!

Dear all,
Good afternoon,
how are you?
I have a problem, when I fill up my DS-230(part-1) then I wrote on item no.10 & 11(Permanent address, intend to live) is provided on letter. Although I had a adderss of my Relative.

Now, what is the probability to get 2nd Letter. or have any problem of my form?
if have any problem then what can I do to correction this wrong.

I think we need more activity on this side.
all the best,

CN:AS160XX
Entry to the Lottery - 28/11/2009
1st NL received - 23/05/2010(srilanka)
documents sent back to KCC -05/06/2010
KCC Confir - 2/07/2010
Awaiting 2nd nl....

2nd NL

Hi,
I finally got the paid receipt. What is my next step? Whats is 2nd NL? Should I start applying for AOS? Please suggest!

Did you really got 2Nl within 10 days after filing DSP forms? Really???

Hi Lipna,

There should not be any receipt. You should find a seal of payment in the page that you got back. I am assuming you are doing AOS. I am also doing AOS. Please add your CN and status in the signature so that others will get help from it (you can follow my signature).

Hi,
I finally got the paid receipt. What is my next step? Whats is 2nd NL? Should I start applying for AOS? Please suggest!

Lipna,
Your CN is current in October, 2010 (so lucky you are !!) Now you should complete your medical examination and then wait for October 1st, 2010. Then you should send your AOS package to Chicago LOC. Meanwhile you should gather all the required documents for your AOS package. To know the steps you can go to http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?297575-DV-2010-AOS-Only/page2. Again To educate yourself you can visit "DV 2010 AOS" and "DV 2011 AOS" forums.

Thanks

Dear all,
Have u any information about DV Lottery refused case? I mean, Do you know that anybody was refused after got 1st Letter.(DV)

Dear all,
Have u any information about DV Lottery refused case? I mean, Do you know that anybody was refused after got 1st Letter.(DV)

CN:AS160XX
Entry to the Lottery - 28/11/2009
1st NL received - 23/05/2010(srilanka)
documents sent back to KCC -05/06/2010
KCC Confir - 2/07/2010
Awaiting 2nd nl....

American visa lottery winners who had lost their visas at the interview for some given reasons are thinking what to do now. These DV Lottery winners were refused of their visa at the DV visa interview and lost their visa fees too. Because many of them thought that winning the lottery and going for the interview will give them the immigrant visas automatically. These American green card lottery winners forgot to read the DV lottery instructions and to understand the requirements for the eligibility for the American visa lottery. Most of them found out that many of their neighbors has gone to the USA under the Greencard lottery program. But they don’t know what kind of procedures they went through to obtain the US Visas.
Another thing is that many of the visa applicants know that their visas will be rejected. Even though they are going for the interview to try and get these visas.
But they forget about the visa fees which will not be returned back if they are rejected for any given reason. Then they used to go for the newspapers, web sites and blogs to start down how the US consular office cheated them of their hard earned money and giving bad opinion about the US Government while the fault is on them.
First of all your educational certificates must be perfect one and must meet their requirement as instructed with grade level and subjects.
Trying by work experience? Sorry very few people qualify through it. 99% chances to be rejected. You should have the work training from a European country or USA or Australia. While very few of the developing country ones or third world country work training will be accepted.
Some more reasons for the US visa lottery winner’s visa refusal.
Visa applicant’s information didn’t match with the online application details.
Marriage after applying for the lottery and the consular officer not satisfied with the marriage documents at the interview.
You have violated U.S Law while you were there.
Not found to be fit medically at the medical examination.
Not clean police report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a very good post Srikaran. I think every person entering DV program should keep this in mind. What happens in Bangladesh, after winning the first NL they sell property and risk their job; and spend money on some cheating lawyer. I want to inform everyone in this forum that these lawyers don't have any influence on managing you a visa. Just be cautious and honest with every information you give to the authority and you will be through.

Last week I mailed to KCC my quary was as above:

1) Did you receive my Document?
2) Has it any discrepancy/problem?
3) What is its current status?
4) When is my approximately interview date/month?

They reply to me as above;

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of October below 9,000. If your case number is current and has completed processing, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

I think It is important for my mental satisfetion.

all the best.