• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from asia only

Hi tmfl,

Thank you so so so much. Your info is very helpful.

I will have my degree in 01/2011. I guess it means my OPT starts from that time for 12 month. Should cover my possible interview back to Taiwan.

I am in Bio/Medical Science. So most likey I will do a postdoc in Universities. My current thuoght is, using OPT till the end of 08/2011. If I don't get interview, start to switch to H visa which is non-cap for schools. Does it sound like a reasonable approach to you? Thank you again, really appreaciate your kind and useful input.

If I don't get interview, start to switch to H visa which is non-cap for schools. Does it sound like a reasonable approach to you?

Yes, it does so far and other people might give you nicer options. I have 2 professional fields and one is same to you, participating in biomedical research projects. Like minor/major update of experimental procedures toward the goal, your approach to GC could be updated soon and hopefully it turns out to be more optimistic one.

Hi guys who have a dream to get GC via DV2011,

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Congrats for all winners !!!

I don't get 1st NL yet on my Japanese address....

Has anyone get 1st NL on address not in US ??

I wanna touch the envelope soon.

Still nothing here in Indonesia...
Hopefully next week good news will arrive.
Still have a positive mind :)
Please asian winners report your good news with us and share your story..
Have a good day you all...

I have Bangladeshi mailing address but in Australia now, and still waiting for my NL at Bangladesh address!!!!! :( Anybody got 1st NL in Bangladesh????? Please post your comments.....

first report In IRAN, today one of our friends received his first NL (in IRAN, Tehran)case number:18XXX

Hi there

I am new here searching more info after I got NL today YEAH! just today in Thailand time. The case no. is 2xxxx.
By the way I am in UK now holding a post-study work visa. I am going to ask home to send me the letter so I have a few questions to ask for help.

Is it possible to send those forms back to the U.S. from here by my UK address?
And apart from the forms, do I need to attach any other documents? if so what are others that they required?

I am sorry if above are such a stupid questions as this is my first try for Lotto Green Card and unbelievable I got the NL.
Though I did not done any research nor prepare info for myself for this kind of unexpected situation : )

P.S. Wishing all applicants be full of luck

Cheers,

Hi there

I am new here searching more info after I got NL today YEAH! just today in Thailand time. The case no. is 2xxxx.
By the way I am in UK now holding a post-study work visa. I am going to ask home to send me the letter so I have a few questions to ask for help.

Is it possible to send those forms back to the U.S. from here by my UK address?
And apart from the forms, do I need to attach any other documents? if so what are others that they required?

I am sorry if above are such a stupid questions as this is my first try for Lotto Green Card and unbelievable I got the NL.
Though I did not done any research nor prepare info for myself for this kind of unexpected situation : )

P.S. Wishing all applicants be full of luck

Cheers,

Congrats!!! Now with your case number, what range is it in the 2000x? below or above 5? In June the cut off number will rise to 19,550 from 16,400 mays cut off number. You might get a chance!

Case Number: AS00035xxx

Hi there, my wife was selected for the DV2011, her case number is AS00035xxx. I know this is very high and we're kind of worried, but hopefully the number will get current in around July next year. We are currently studying in the US. We just sent out the DS-230, DSP-122, barcode and photos to KCC. I'm confused about the case number and AIO fee, please kindly provide your input.

1) If the AS number becomes current in, let's say, July 2011, will they interview all the outstanding case numbers that have not been interviewed yet? (that means we still have a chance)

2) I saw some forum members talked about AIO or CP, is it something we can choose to do? In our case, what should we do? AIO or CP? And should we send in the fees only when asked by USCIS?

Thanks in advance!

Case Number: AS00035xxx

Hi there, my wife was selected for the DV2011, her case number is AS00035xxx. I know this is very high and we're kind of worried, but hopefully the number will get current in around July next year. We are currently studying in the US. We just sent out the DS-230, DSP-122, barcode and photos to KCC. I'm confused about the case number and AIO fee, please kindly provide your input.

1) If the AS number becomes current in, let's say, July 2011, will they interview all the outstanding case numbers that have not been interviewed yet? (that means we still have a chance)

2) I saw some forum members talked about AIO or CP, is it something we can choose to do? In our case, what should we do? AIO or CP? And should we send in the fees only when asked by USCIS?

Thanks in advance!

hi sickguy,
welcome to the forum.
first of all i suggest you read the thread '2010 aos only'... it will give you a lot of insights into the process, what you should do, how to do it, etc.
yes, i think the cn is a bit high. so becoming current is around june, july, august 2011 and also when your visa expires ... so this will help determine whether you should do aos or cp. it is always hard to predict when cn's will be current but you can only get a guide from past visa bulletins.
the dos fees ($375 ea) should be paid now - these fees are for dos to administer the dv lottery and separate from the aos fees. you will need the receipt for this payment eventually.
good luck.

Dear leongsce,

I just know from you today that the DOS fee ($375) should be paid now.
I thought we'd wait for 2nd NL from KCC before.

In addition, what is other fees separating from the aos fee? When should we pay these fees?

Please summarize, and really sorry for my confusion!

Dear leongsce,

I just know from you today that the DOS fee ($375) should be paid now.
I thought we'd wait for 2nd NK from KCC before.

In addition, what is other fees separating from the aos fee? When should we pay these fees?

Please summarize, and really sorry for my confusion!

crna,

the dos fee has to be paid so that kcc will transfer your case to uscis (if you are doing adjustment of status). but either way whether you are doing aos or consular processing (cp) you will need to pay these fees sooner or later. it is better to pay that sooner if your number is low. but i got mine out of the way near the beginning.

for aos you will need to pay $930 filing and $80 biometric fees ($1010) per person at the time you file your i485 form. there are no other separate fees if that is all you need to file. also if you need to file for employment authorisation (ead, i765) at the same time you will not need to pay. but if you file it separately from your i485 you will need to pay $340 (if i can remember correctly).

let me know if you need more clarification.

Dear leongsce,

First of all, I'm really sorry to disturb you.

As shown in your DV processing record, please give detail as following;
1. "sent DOS check" on 9/14/2009
2. "sent 1st NL to USCIS" on 9/21/2009
3. "rec stamped payment from DOS" on 9/17/2009
4. "completed medicals" on 5/13/2010

Additional, please update my understanding,
1. We can pay AOS fee ($375) earlier without waiting for 2nd NL come to selectee. (If applicable, I will do it tomorrow)
2. What is the employment authorisation (ead, i765)?

Oh!! leongsce...we must spend much money to process the case, don't we?

PS.
Frankly, I love to follow your step since we are the same region.
Well, in the near future sooner you get GC, please come back to help us, i.c. show your record in more detail, so that we can carefully follow your step of success with no delay or mistake.

Cordially and thank you so much, leongsce

Hi leongsce,

Thanks for your info, I will look into that thread. We're graduating this August and will plan to have our OPT begin in September. So including 1-year term and 2-month grace period, we can stay in the US until November next year (unless we can find a job to sponsor H1B). Since our number is low, I think we will wait for the 2nd letter to inform us to send in the DOS payment. I saw you mentioned about "intent of AOS", how does it work? I thought we had to wait for our numbers are current before we can do AOS, please shed some light if you will, thanks again for the valuable info.