• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 Under Adiminstrative Processing

hodhod

Registered Users (C)
DV 2011 Under Administrative Processing

Any DV 2011 winner faced interview and gone under additional or administrative processing please write here. as we can share our experience in waiting time.

Thank You:)

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE HELP! We were selected for 2011 Dv program. We flew to our interview in Moscow which was on 09.Oct.2010. with our small babies. We had all documents they needed, absolutely no missing documents. Me and my wife have MBA in finance.
American consul looked at his computer and congratulated us saying that our visa has been approved. He said to leave our passports and DHL.We flew back home, but after 2 days Russian lady called us and said that our documents will be send to some AP(administrative processing), which can takes 2 months or more.After I asked how about our passports? She replayed- "Oh do we have them?" I said Yes you do. Okay then she said we'll keep them." This is so strange, don't they understand that if we want to travel somewhere else we need our passports? Since then we never heard from them, and have no clue what is going on.Would anyone please suggest us what should we do in this kind of situation?

PLEASE HELP! We were selected for 2011 Dv program. We flew to our interview in Moscow which was on 09.Oct.2010. with our small babies. We had all documents they needed, absolutely no missing documents. Me and my wife have MBA in finance.
American consul looked at his computer and congratulated us saying that our visa has been approved. He said to leave our passports and DHL.We flew back home, but after 2 days Russian lady called us and said that our documents will be send to some AP(administrative processing), which can takes 2 months or more.After I asked how about our passports? She replayed- "Oh do we have them?" I said Yes you do. Okay then she said we'll keep them." This is so strange, don't they understand that if we want to travel somewhere else we need our passports? Since then we never heard from them, and have no clue what is going on.Would anyone please suggest us what should we do in this kind of situation?

Hi Ika,
This is a bit strange. So far, I have not heared about a person who was given the visa and then told he has been put under an AP. However, the fact that the consular officer granted you the visa tells that you don't have a big issue. They might be studying some of your documents trying to confirm their genuineness or they might also be going through your names again if in case your name has some similarity with a 'wanted' person. Take it easy and wait for their call. It will turn out to be successful as it is very early in the fiscal year and you don't have time contraints. Good luck.

What You Suppose to Do

Ika12
My Case seem to be like yours.

First of all I want to tell you Don't worry about that
May be the consul forgot to tell you about AP or they find something needs AP later after you left. In my case the consul told me that Administration Process most of the time related to Database issues. So, if they need more time to work in your case, and specially that happens when they have heavy demand and so many cases need processing.

What you suppose to do is that " Don't fed up contacting them" Do an email message to them each three to four weeks.

Until now I don't have any news about my case, and I intend to share you good news in this thread very soon.
Give me some of your intentions and prayers.

I will be waiting for your good news.

Good Luck.:)

hohhod - I am in a similar boat - dealing with Montreal. What Embassy r u dealing with and why were u placed in AP?

Here is my story:

forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?318989-DV-2011-Interview-at-Montreal-in-October-placed-in-administrative-processing-221g-how-long-wait&highlight=

Here is some usefull information about administrative processing

Hi All!:)
I have new update!. I found some new usful information about what is Administrative Processing.

What is Administrative Processing?

Commonly called security clearance, administrative clearance, or administrative processing, is a process the United States Department of State and the diplomatic missions of the United States use in deciding to grant or deny a United States visa to certain visa applicants. The process involves sending a request from the visa issuing post to the Department of State's headquarters in Washington, D.C., to investigate an individual's case for possible espionage, terrorism, and illegal export of technology out of the United States.

Apart from the Department of State, the process involves other agencies of the federal government of the United States, especially those under Department of Homeland Security. Some of the agencies involved are: FBI, CIA, Drug Enforcement Agency, Department of Commerce, Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control, Interpol, and the Department of State's Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation.

The process for issuing a United States visa, possibly including a Visas Mantis check
SAOs have been the source of long delays for determining if a non-US citizen should be issued a US visa or not. As a result, United States Government Accountability Office found in a report dated February 2004 that "students and scholars with science backgrounds might decide not to come to the United States, and technological advancements that serve U.S. and global interests could be jeopardized" as a result.
In mid-2003, SAOs were submitted for about 2% of the applicants. The Department of State processed 245,000 SAOs in FY 2006, and has processed over a million SAOs in the period from September 2001 to May 2007.

Is there various types of AP OR It is just one??
There are various types of SAOs, usually named after various animals, with two named after legendary characters. As of August 2006, these included Visas Mantis (potential illegal transfer of sensitive or dual-use technology, introduced in 1998), Visas Bear (for foreign government officials, representatives to international organizations, and their families), Visas Donkey (name hits, certain nationalities), Visas Merlin (for refugees and asylees), Visas Eagle (certain nationals of Cuba, China, Iran, Russia, and Vietnam), Visas Condor (certain nationalities, introduced in January 2002), and Visas Hawk (for immigrant visas). There are also other types of SAOs used for notifying the Department of State about visa issuance and that the applicant will be traveling to the United States: Visas Horse (diplomatic visa holders of certain nationalities) and Visas Pegasus (officials of Commonwealth of Independent States.

What is Issuing time and validity period??

The Department of State claims that 80% of SAOs are cleared within two weeks, but the general expected time for a clearance is unknown. While various diplomatic posts mention some average times (the website of the United States embassy in Ankara, Turkey mentions up to six to eight weeks), this only reflects the recent experience of the post, and does not reflect actual statistics.
The Department of State's Foreign Affairs Manual (which is a reference for diplomatic posts), dated August 16, 2006, mentions:
“ [...] posts can expect a wait of a minimum of twenty (20) business days to receive responses, although some responses will arrive well within that time frame. However, complicated cases can take some time to resolve, particularly if there are other U.S. Government agency concerns to consider. ”
According to a report by the United States Government Accountability Office, as of November 30, 2004, 87% of Visas Mantis cases (one of the various kinds of SAOs) has been cleared in 30 days or less, 5% were taking 31–60 days, 5% were taking 61–90 days, 1% were taking 91–120 days and the final 2% were taking more than 120 days. The average time was 15 days, which was significantly reduced, as the same report mentions that during October 2003, the average was 75 days. On February 11, 2005, the Department of State mentioned that it "has been able to decrease the average time to obtain Visas Mantis clearance to less than 14 days".

The validity of the clearance (which specifies a deadline for the time a visa could be issued) is based on its type, and ranges between three and 48 months. During the period of validity, posts can usually issue another visa for the applicant without requesting a new SAO if the applicant's circumstances haven't changed much.

A presentation attributed to the Department of State dated November 6 2008 says that the average time the visa mantis clearances take as 6 to 8 weeks.
The current trend is to take more than 16 weeks, and even longer based on information from December 2008 to January 2009, especially for H1B visa. Most H1B visa holders have to stay in India/China for more than 3 months due to the administrative processing. There are few H1B cases cleared since December 2008. Rumor says it could be related to the recent economy recession in U.S.
According to the U.S. Department of State website, most cases applied for in Beijing should be cleared within 60 days, but 90 days are also expected.
As of Feb 2010, the US consulate in Dubai is reporting that Administrative Processing can delay some applications for 175 days (~6 months) or more.
You can find references in wikipedia.

If any one have information, please do share it here in this thread. So, we really want to help the peaple who really really need that.

Remeber to rate it***** also.

Thank you and good luck for all:).

The questions are simple and basic. i cant remember them word for word but they were stuff like, how will i know if i have a security intrusion on the network, what will i used to protect my network (servers/clients). bandwidth management (QoS) and naming some ISPs in lagos and some other questions but the truth is they may not ask u these stuff but it will depend on wat u wrote on your forms. they may just ask u o'levels, just do a little brush up just to be safe.

Please explain?

The questions are simple and basic. i cant remember them word for word but they were stuff like, how will i know if i have a security intrusion on the network, what will i used to protect my network (servers/clients). bandwidth management (QoS) and naming some ISPs in lagos and some other questions but the truth is they may not ask u these stuff but it will depend on wat u wrote on your forms. they may just ask u o'levels, just do a little brush up just to be safe.

samuel5028

I don't understand what you have writen. Please explain.

don't know what to call my own case,wheather is administrative process or what are .......

DV2011AF00010XXX. Our first interview was on the 13th dec,2010 with my wife,and the consular gave us a paper stating we should return on the 20th dec,2010 with all our initial documents.on that day we were interviewed by two nigerians in the upper floor.the interview was one after the other and lasted for some minutes.at the end of the interview ,the nigerian man that interviewed us said to us that,we will be contacted by the american man that first interviewed us and no paper was given to us and we were not even told that we have been place on adm. process.up till now no call has been receive.pls house can anyone help me out.

You should send an email

DV2011AF00010XXX. Our first interview was on the 13th dec,2010 with my wife,and the consular gave us a paper stating we should return on the 20th dec,2010 with all our initial documents.on that day we were interviewed by two nigerians in the upper floor.the interview was one after the other and lasted for some minutes.at the end of the interview ,the nigerian man that interviewed us said to us that,we will be contacted by the american man that first interviewed us and no paper was given to us and we were not even told that we have been place on adm. process.up till now no call has been receive.pls house can anyone help me out.

augustleo!

Your case is not clear. I didn’t understand why you didn’t make a formal interview like all people?
You should send an email to the consular section, asking about the status of ur case, and see what they will replay to you!.

Good Luck:)

Thank you for the great information!

As I mentioned before we were selected for 2011 Dv program. We flew to our interview in Moscow which was on 07.Oct.2010. with our small babies. We had all documents they needed, absolutely no missing documents. Me and my wife have MBA in finance.
American consul looked at his computer and congratulated us saying that our visa has been approved. He said to leave our passports and DHL.We flew back home, but after 2 days Russian lady called us and said that our documents will be send to some AP(administrative processing),
It has been 90 days already and since then we never heard from them. I called and wrote an e-mail and got the same answer,that we are under AP. This is so strange, don't they understand that if we want to travel somewhere else we need our passports? I planed to take my family to Prague for Christmas, which we had to cancel.
In your message you've mentioned that( "students and scholars with science backgrounds might decide not to come to the United States, and technological advancements that serve U.S.)
Is it my fault that that I worked very hard to build my own small internet company in pre-Olympic city in Russia? Is it is crime that i worked as a assistant for deputy for 2 years? That we have MBA in finance? That my mother and sister have just become U.S. citizens and my mother was ecstatic to find out that we had been selected for the DV-2011 visa and that after 14 long years our family could finally be re-united!?
It's upsetting if Department of State think that everyone who involved with IT possible espionage, terrorism, and illegal export of technology out of the United States. Are Gates or Carlos Slim or many others nice people who involved with IT possible spy??? I don't afraid to be investigate , but for how long they are going to keep us in the dark with no passports? And why they didn't check everything before the interview? KCC had all our information. Or the reason was just collect the money for the 4 visas, which is not cheap at all!:confused:

When, is not our job

As I mentioned before we were selected for 2011 Dv program. We flew to our interview in Moscow which was on 07.Oct.2010. with our small babies. We had all documents they needed, absolutely no missing documents. Me and my wife have MBA in finance.
American consul looked at his computer and congratulated us saying that our visa has been approved. He said to leave our passports and DHL.We flew back home, but after 2 days Russian lady called us and said that our documents will be send to some AP(administrative processing),
It has been 90 days already and since then we never heard from them. I called and wrote an e-mail and got the same answer,that we are under AP. This is so strange, don't they understand that if we want to travel somewhere else we need our passports? I planed to take my family to Prague for Christmas, which we had to cancel.
In your message you've mentioned that( "students and scholars with science backgrounds might decide not to come to the United States, and technological advancements that serve U.S.)
Is it my fault that that I worked very hard to build my own small internet company in pre-Olympic city in Russia? Is it is crime that i worked as a assistant for deputy for 2 years? That we have MBA in finance? That my mother and sister have just become U.S. citizens and my mother was ecstatic to find out that we had been selected for the DV-2011 visa and that after 14 long years our family could finally be re-united!?
It's upsetting if Department of State think that everyone who involved with IT possible espionage, terrorism, and illegal export of technology out of the United States. Are Gates or Carlos Slim or many others nice people who involved with IT possible spy??? I don't afraid to be investigate , but for how long they are going to keep us in the dark with no passports? And why they didn't check everything before the interview? KCC had all our information. Or the reason was just collect the money for the 4 visas, which is not cheap at all!:confused:
Ika12,
Thank you.

Being a positive person is not a fall at all. I am confident, whenever you have good will and great intention, your desires would soon be manifested. When, is not our job.

I understand your feeling, but we have no choice except waiting patiently.
I wish good luck for you, me, and All:).

I am very happy!

Hi All!

I am very happy that 1021 visitors have visited this thread yet. I hope most of them have helpful information.

If you have or had any experience of Administrative Processing, or know someone who had like this experience plz. do share it here.

Thank you. And God bless you all :).

I have been on administrative processing for 3 months now. The last time I wrote to them, they said I am still on AP and should therefore wait. This is the reply to my email.

'
Thank you for your email inquiry.

We wish to inform you again that your case is pending administrative processing. Please be assured that the case status is frequently checked. Once the processing is complete, you will be asked to come to U.S. Embassy Accra to further discuss the case.

We hope this information is helpful to you and please let us know if we may be of further assistance'

I attended the interview and the visa was approved. I was then given a visa pick up sheet but on the given date, i was told I am on AP. That is that!

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy Accra

Consular Section

Hi All!

I am very happy that 1021 visitors have visited this thread yet. I hope most of them have helpful information.

If you have or had any experience of Administrative Processing, or know someone who had like this experience plz. do share it here.

Thank you. And God bless you all :).

In your case, have you contacted them? what happened at your inteview?

Thank you for your post

I have been on administrative processing for 3 months now. The last time I wrote to them, they said I am still on AP and should therefore wait. This is the reply to my email.

'
Thank you for your email inquiry.

We wish to inform you again that your case is pending administrative processing. Please be assured that the case status is frequently checked. Once the processing is complete, you will be asked to come to U.S. Embassy Accra to further discuss the case.

We hope this information is helpful to you and please let us know if we may be of further assistance'

I attended the interview and the visa was approved. I was then given a visa pick up sheet but on the given date, i was told I am on AP. That is that!

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy Accra

Consular Section

nsiah7,

Thank you for your useful post!
I wish to see u report here that you've picked up ur visa very soon.

Good luck:)

My wife is a DV winner for 2011. Our visa interview held on January 04, 2011 and placed under additional processing. It is about two months since we face our interview. No one from the embassy contaceted us yet. Can anyone tell us what will be the fate of the interview? How long should we wait for the result. shafiq232

My wife is a DV winner for 2011. Our visa interview held on January 04, 2011 and placed under additional processing. It is about two months since we face our interview. No one from the embassy contaceted us yet. Can anyone tell us what will be the fate of the interview? How long should we wait for the result. shafiq232

from whitch country you are ?