• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 submission ends

Shihabmh

Registered Users (C)
Hi fellows! I just wanted to remind everyone that submission for dv 2011 is over. I also wanted to wish all those that submitted their entries for the dv 2011 all the best of luck and pray that all goes well.

Let us all keep in touch in the forum and keep our hopes alive and share the good news come march/april 2010.

Yeah it ends, but I guess it ends with a disaster for me. There is no official information on red eye correction but I believe digital enhancement or retouching includes this according to opinions on an other thread. And guess what I was one of the guys on that topic last year but really just flew out of my mind. I reckon I deserved his disaster for beng a fish brain, but still one hopes that only a minor red eye correction would not be a reason for disqualification/elimination. Any opinions on this?

Luck to everyone else

Yeah it ends, but I guess it ends with a disaster for me. There is no official information on red eye correction but I believe digital enhancement or retouching includes this according to opinions on an other thread. And guess what I was one of the guys on that topic last year but really just flew out of my mind. I reckon I deserved his disaster for beng a fish brain, but still one hopes that only a minor red eye correction would not be a reason for disqualification/elimination. Any opinions on this?

Luck to everyone else

I don't think it would be noticeable. The entry should not be disqualified for that.

Tiger u r not alone mann.I tickd vocational training coz l ave a diploma in nursing.I shudve even ave tickd high skul diplma.I was nervous n dint c that thy wrote vocational training wil not b alowd.Ope kcc wl not disqualify us.

Tiger u r not alone mann.I tickd vocational training coz l ave a diploma in nursing.I shudve even ave tickd high skul diplma.I was nervous n dint c that thy wrote vocational training wil not b alowd.Ope kcc wl not disqualify us.

First you have to win, before you get a NL and can even show if you are eligible or not...some are lucky the first time, others played for 10 years and didn't win, so don't worry too much...

Lets not be too emotional. First of all, so long as the photo was accepted you still stand your chances. From what I reckon, what matters is after getting the NL and sending the forms back to KCC - those forms are your last chance to correct any mistakes that you had made in your entry. Even for vocational training, you still stand your same chances of winning. Most (if not all) disqualifications are made at the US Embassy. The random selection only disqualify double entries - those are computers that make the random selections therefore they are not programmed to check specifics of an individual. Moreover, in photos; once you get your NL you have to take another set of photos to mail back with the forms to KCC - just make sure that those photos meet the required specifications.

Let us not panic over petty issues. Most (if not all) of us stand that same chances as any other perfect entry. Let us all be optimistic and pray that this time are entries are selected. I've been entering the DV Lottery for 16 years now with no luck but I know that I could only win once and if I'm not selected, I still having nothing to lose and there's always next year so long as I'm alive - God Willing.

Shihab tnx 4 tha info.M settled 4 now so lets wait n c.U r prety strng willed , may u win ths year afta aplyn 4 so long.U deserve it mann.Cheers!

Yeah it ends, but I guess it ends with a disaster for me

No worries. I just had a successful interview for the DV2010 and my initial submitted picture in Nov last year was slightly retouched (white balance).
You should be fine as long as the picture has not been heavily photoshopped and looks altered. At later stages I can only advise you to use actual photos that comply with all the guidelines. They are not that expensive and will give you peace of mind.

Good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Heymike,

How did they check the photo at the interview. Is what they want just to check the face of the person came for the interview ?

Thanks Maju! Its a game of chance and its all about luck. I'm a firm believer in things happening at the right time. So, I keep trying and when the right time comes I know I'll make it. Besides, I've lived in the U.S. and therefore I know exactly why I'm craving for a G.Card.

Luck to everyone else

Don't be such a drama queen. They'll never know unless you gave yourself blue eyes when in reality they are another color. They don't put pics under a microscope.

Dear Heymike,

How did they check the photo at the interview. Is what they want just to check the face of the person came for the interview ?

hey madu12.

I have not seen them do a check or compare them with any of the previous photos I have submitted.
I used a scanned photo of myself for the online submission, I had a new photo taken for submission with my DS230 and once again had new photos taken for the medical and interview. I've used 3 different photos in all.

I didn't get any remarks or questions regarding this and I think as long as you have a nice clean photo you don't have to worry. This is mainly a precaution as some people will use old images or alter photos digitally to make them comply with the guidelines.

I've prob. spend about $30 total by having the photos taken by a photographer to make sure they would be comply with the guidelines. Overall a small additional cost when compared to the processing fees :)

I am mataan adams , new to this forum so help me guys and make me to understand how this works

by mataan