• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

hi Ammeck,

I need some advices:
My wife is pregnant and expecting to give birth somewhere in september according to her Ob-gyn(doctor). We have to wait at least 2 months to receive an official birth certificate of the child and afterward we ll fill for his/her canadian passport which might take at least 4 weeks to be established. To sum up my child will receive his own passport after 3 months (that is how things go here in Canada).

The problem is that: According to previous experiences and based on our high case # our interview at the embassy should be held around september as well in Montreal, and my child wont have neither his birth certicate nor his passport !
I really anxious about this issue , dont know what to do and how the embassy will handle my case ?
I am planning to inform KCC about my wife pregnancy in the upcoming months.

Please any advice will be welcome...........................

You can't update your details/information at KCC with an expecting baby. The baby needs to be delivered first before such update can be permitted. There are two ways to go about this situation:
1) If your wife gives birth before your interview, you can go to the interview with details from the hospital and other documents proving the baby is yours. If the baby's birth certificate and passport are not ready before 30 Sept, the embassy can put the baby's visa in your wife's passport or you can wait and get the baby's documents and travel with him/her to the US without a visa.
2) If the baby is born after your interview, you can still travel with him/her to the US as in the case of option one above.

I'm a bit busy currently so I may not be able to give or quote links to support the scenarios described above. At the appropriate time I will search for those links and post it here. There is still more time ahead.

You can't update your details/information at KCC with an expecting baby. The baby needs to be delivered first before such update can be permitted. There are two ways to go about this situation:
1) If your wife gives birth before your interview, you can go to the interview with details from the hospital and other documents proving the baby is yours. If the baby's birth certificate and passport are not ready before 30 Sept, the embassy can put the baby's visa in your wife's passport or you can wait and get the baby's documents and travel with him/her to the US without a visa.
2) If the baby is born after your interview, you can still travel with him/her to the US as in the case of option one above.

I'm a bit busy currently so I may not be able to give or quote links to support the scenarios described above. At the appropriate time I will search for those links and post it here. There is still more time ahead.

ammeck , thanks for the infos provided

hello, am just curious .approximately how many ghanaians applied for the dv 2012? and is it true about 8000 will win?

am just curious about my chances.
thanks

hello, am just curious .approximately how many ghanaians applied for the dv 2012? and is it true about 8000 will win?

am just curious about my chances.
thanks

KCC have not released any information with regards to the number of those who applied from different countries, and it's not true that 8000 will win as you're saying.

Folks, this was a reponse from Nsiah to an AP thread on the 20th of Jan 11.

We all know that unity is strength therefore, Let's all recall him in our daily prayers. The Lord will surely hear our cries for him. Peace! Benniit

Amen to that, for i know the Lord Almighty will answer us concerning him in due time. lets just increase our faith in HIM.

I always remember him in my prayers, and I am convinced in the end he will be laughing, jumping and praising the Lord. I know he may be worried about the situation but I want to assure him that nothing is lost - he who laughs last laughs best.

thank you Big bro and others who do. and to those who don't lets try and do it for the Good book says when two agree on one thing and pray to the Lord, He hears them.

Hello house, i thank you all 4 your prayers. I had a successful interview today, i ll post my interview experience soon

to God be the Glory and congrats for your case. all the best. we are waiting for the interview experience. may the Lord be with you.

Thanks alexee. But when you say "prepare very well" what do you mean? Kindly give me a little more insight in this respect. cheers.

Hi Akwasi,

What i wanted to say was for you to prepare yourself very well finacially. That will help you alot at the initial stages.

Hi ammeck,

Bro how was the snow at your end yesterday. It was about four inches over here and instead of twelve mins, it took me one hour twenty mins to get home from work yesterday.

Hi ammeck,

Bro how was the snow at your end yesterday. It was about four inches over here and instead of twelve mins, it took me one hour twenty mins to get home from work yesterday.

It wasn't easy. I don't know how I managed to get home, God is so wonderful. This morning, it took me about 2 hours to "free" my car, and according to forecast - it's going to snow again tomorrow. Let's hope it doesn't get as bad as yesterday.

Thank God 4 sista_mai

Originally Posted by sista_
mai
I just got this by email this
morning from the US
embassy:
Dear Ms. B******,
Thank you very much for
your e-mail. We have
received your original
high school diploma. Your
case is complete and is
waiting like any other
case to be reviewed by a
Consular Officer. As you
are aware, it may take up
to 10 working days for us
to process your visa.
Therefore, you should get
your passport, visa and
immigration package by
the end of the next week
via Chonopost.
Do not hesitate to contact
us if you have any
questions.
Regards,
Immigrant Visas
Paris-France
I'm so thankful and
grateful for that huge
blessing!!!! Thanks to the
Lord, Thanks for His love
and his Grace, Thanks for
He gave us back our
lives!!!

I'm just being curious. It's abt my date of birth(DOB). My bro entered d lottery 4 me. Incase my bro entered wrong DOB, What will b d danger? But any time i communicated wif KCC, I gave my true DOB would KCC have notified me if my true DOB n d 1 my bro entered didn't match? So folks, if my bro entered wrong DOB, what will happen during my interview? Has any1 bn faced with dis issue b4, n how did it go?

mai
morning from the US
embassy:
Dear Ms. B******,
Thank you very much for
your e-mail. We have
received your original
case is complete and is
waiting like any other
case to be reviewed by a
Consular Officer. As you
to process your visa.
your passport, visa and
immigration package by
the end of the next week
via Chonopost.
us if you have any
questions.
Regards,
Immigrant Visas
Paris-France
I'm so thankful and
grateful for that huge
He gave us back our
lives!!!

This is the good news we are all expecting. Thank God and once again congratulations SISTA_MIA

I'm just being curious. It's abt my date of birth(DOB). My bro entered d lottery 4 me. Incase my bro entered wrong DOB, What will b d danger? But any time i communicated wif KCC, I gave my true DOB would KCC have notified me if my true DOB n d 1 my bro entered didn't match? So folks, if my bro entered wrong DOB, what will happen during my interview? Has any1 bn faced with dis issue b4, n how did it go?

Once KCC has responded to your inquiries without any problem, then I think both dates match. Even if such a thing happens, you could still defend it at the interview - many people have faced such problems and they were able to come out successfully.

Once KCC has responded to your inquiries without any problem, then I think both dates match. Even if such a thing happens, you could still defend it at the interview - many people have faced such problems and they were able to come out successfully.

thank u ammeck, i'm bit releaved.

Ammeck has said it all. Peace! Benniij

Last edited by a moderator:
mai
morning from the US
embassy:
Dear Ms. B******,
Thank you very much for
your e-mail. We have
received your original
case is complete and is
waiting like any other
case to be reviewed by a
Consular Officer. As you
to process your visa.
your passport, visa and
immigration package by
the end of the next week
via Chonopost.
us if you have any
questions.
Regards,
Immigrant Visas
Paris-France
I'm so thankful and
grateful for that huge
He gave us back our
lives!!!

God is in control. Relax and rejoice in the Lord. He's done it for u. Peace! Benniit