• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Guys, praise be unto God.

Our sister Kyerewaa just called me from New York where she has landed safely. Join me in thanking the Almighty for granting our sister travelling mercies and making sure she got to her destination safely.

As He has done for our sister so will He do for you and me. never lose hope and despair no matter the situation. Believe in Him and all our prayers shall be answered.
Our God is a prayer answering God. There's nothing too difficult for him.

CAST YOUR BURDENS UNTO JESUS FOR HE CARES FOR U.

May the Lord be with you in everything you do . Amen!

Thank God!! Did she go with her fortunate boy? Peace! Benniit

Folks
I have a challenge. Any time I try to update my signature, it displays it cannot be more than 500 characters. What do you suggest I do?
First of all, why was the co insisting on the bece cert? He didn'nt believe u completed jss?

Omit or shorten some of the words. e.g. Forms sent to kcc can be 'forms to kcc etc. Peace! Benniit

Thank you so much forumite, I really believe the joint prayer habbit we do here really work for us all the time and as it has worked for some of us that has gone for interview, it will surely work for all others that will be going for interview this year.
I'm so glad that I made it. My internet is still actin up once it comes up ? my laptop I ll update my experience.the bottom line is pick up ur visa nxt thursday and I wish u a good luck in the united state.

We thank God for your success. Congrats and hope you will be able to post your interview experience here for the benefit of others.

Hello,
My brother has joined his wife to his application. Please, what are the possible question should they expect as couple on their interview date.
Both should know everything about each other. There is no set or standard questions where you can be referred to. If they are really married, they will be fine at the interview.
I have someone who has agreed to support me on the Affidavit. But He is in Canada, Should he send the documents to me or American embassy would contact him straight away. if not that what should i do.
No you can't use a Canadian citizen/permanent resident as your sponsor. A sponsor for a US visa must be an American citizen or permanent resident (GC).
please, my appointment date has not been schedule can i go for the medicals before the appointment time is sent to me?
You can do it once you become current. You may have 2 months to complete this once you become current.

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

I arrived at the Embassy 6.30am on the January 6, 2011. I sat in the car going through over and over again just to make sure all documents are intact. At 7.00am I approached where those coming for interview had gathered. 5 mins later I saw people rushing towards the entrance to queue so I followed suit. We all queued in front of the entrance. We were told to take out our appointment letters in order to be inspected. With the appointment letters immigrants were separated from non-immigrants. I was the 5th in the queue. We were then ushered into the security checkpoint. Because I had no metallic mat or perfume on me I was the 2nd to go through the point, then to the point where we had to wait for further instruction.

At 7.45am a tall Whiteman (Head of DV US Embassy) and a Ghanaian came over with white and yellow sheets to speak to the DV winners on the qualification criteria (education/work experience). In fact, he did admit that only few people qualifying under work experience had been issued visas compared to education. He also gave an option for those wishing to reschedule their interview, which he said would be probably March and April. After that our appointment letters were taken from us and we were given the white and the yellow sheet which contains qualification criteria and fees to be paid to the cashier which we all filled. At 8.00am we formed a queue to enter the Consular Section to pay the visa fees. I was the 1st person in the queue.

The first 5 persons entered the section to form another queue leading to the cashier. I was third in the queue inside. After about 7 mins I paid my fees (GHC 1228.50) then went to sit down waiting to submit my documents. At 9.15am the Ghanaian that came with the Whiteman came to Window 1 and started calling DV winners to submit their forms. The security man nearer to us told us to form a queue so I was third. When it came to my turn to go to Window 1 the Gh announced that I go to Window 3 where there was a Gh woman. She has asked of my name and brought the forms I sent to KCC (DS & DSP). She critically compared the photo in my passport (issued in 2004) with the ones I brought. After a while she gave to me BECE results slip, Police Clearance (it underlined only one surname instead of two surnames on it and in my Passport), Tax Clearance, Employment letter in the AOS but took the I-864 and 2 NLs. She told me to rectify the mistake on my Police Clearance after my interview. I thanked her and sat down. At 9.45am I was called to Window 2 for fingerprint after which I sat down again waiting for the real thing (all this while I was having mixed feelings). The 1st DV winner (lady) was called to a window which I cannot remember to be interviewed. It was after I had sat down that I saw her returning smiling with a yellow sheet. 6 mins later I was called to Window 4 for interview.

CO: Good morning
ME: Good morning
CO: Do you swear that everything you are going to say is the truth?
ME: yeah
CO: Are you married? (Smiling)
ME: No
CO: Do you have any children?
CO: Are you working? (Going through the docs) (He asked cos I wrote National Service on DS forms)
ME: Yes
CO: Which Work? (Started typing on the computer)
ME: Lecturing at …………
CO: Which subjects do you teach?
ME: Mention
CO: Do you training in that? (Still typing on the computer)
ME: No, I just have the passion and have been learning on my own.
CO: Do you have your BECE here?
ME: Yes (Quickly removed the Results slip and gave it to him)
CO: I mean the blue one do you have it. (After looking at it and returning it to me)
ME: Yes, I have it but I could not bring it here.
CO: I see your Police Clearance has expired. (Picked a blue sheet. Marked some option and wrote a date on it which is mid Feb)
ME: No, it has not. There’s only a mix up the surname on it.
CO: Ok. Correct it and bring the BECE cert the next you come. (Handing over the blue sheet to me)
ME: Ok
CO: Thank you
ME: You are welcome
My interview lasted for less than 3 mins. I hurriedly left the section with a smile few mins before 10.00am. By the Grace of Jesus this is all that happened.

You're already bound for Obamaland. My prayers are with you and hope you get the necessary documents ready by the appointed date.

Our sister Kyerewaa just called me from New York where she has landed safely. Join me in thanking the Almighty for granting our sister travelling mercies and making sure she got to her destination safely.

As He has done for our sister so will He do for you and me. never lose hope and despair no matter the situation. Believe in Him and all our prayers shall be answered.

wow, what a wonderful news. Send my regards to her and wish her all the best.

hello my big siblings here. I have had hard time resulting to my absence for past weeks. Am now on my passport and i need to go to ACCRA but there was a mistake in the name of my dad on my birth cert so i decided to verify this mistake at the birth and death registration centre but they have promise me to come for it this monday after which i will submit my passport form. but am afraid the immigration officers may delay me and i bought the express forms which is ¢100 at the NiB. But am afraid I Will be current soon. so what do you think i should do.

WIZYFBABY could you let us know a gist about your case number? I wonder why it has taken so long to apply for a passport. Any way, don't stress out, put the necessary efforts and I'm sure you will get it before your interview. Don't also forget you will need it for your police certificate and maybe the medicals.

Hello,
My brother has joined his wife to his application. Please, what are the possible question should they expect as couple on their interview date.
Hi aduk4u, well there are a lot of questions for couple but those that are frequently asked are:
1. Date of Marriage
2. The evidence of the relationship eg. photos(you and your wife)
3. How long you've stayed with your husband/wife, the likes and dislikes?
4. You have to know about your partner's family? eg. the number of siblings, their names, ages etc
5. Where, how and when you met your partner?
6. Are you staying together with your partner, sketch the front view of your house, the paint color in your living room/hall,bedroom
7. The last time you made love
I hope these will be of some help.

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

I arrived at the Embassy 6.30am on the January 6, 2011. I sat in the car going through over and over again just to make sure all documents are intact. At 7.00am I approached where those coming for interview had gathered. 5 mins later I saw people rushing towards the entrance to queue so I followed suit. We all queued in front of the entrance. We were told to take out our appointment letters in order to be inspected. With the appointment letters immigrants were separated from non-immigrants. I was the 5th in the queue. We were then ushered into the security checkpoint. Because I had no metallic mat or perfume on me I was the 2nd to go through the point, then to the point where we had to wait for further instruction.

At 7.45am a tall Whiteman (Head of DV US Embassy) and a Ghanaian came over with white and yellow sheets to speak to the DV winners on the qualification criteria (education/work experience). In fact, he did admit that only few people qualifying under work experience had been issued visas compared to education. He also gave an option for those wishing to reschedule their interview, which he said would be probably March and April. After that our appointment letters were taken from us and we were given the white and the yellow sheet which contains qualification criteria and fees to be paid to the cashier which we all filled. At 8.00am we formed a queue to enter the Consular Section to pay the visa fees. I was the 1st person in the queue.

The first 5 persons entered the section to form another queue leading to the cashier. I was third in the queue inside. After about 7 mins I paid my fees (GHC 1228.50) then went to sit down waiting to submit my documents. At 9.15am the Ghanaian that came with the Whiteman came to Window 1 and started calling DV winners to submit their forms. The security man nearer to us told us to form a queue so I was third. When it came to my turn to go to Window 1 the Gh announced that I go to Window 3 where there was a Gh woman. She has asked of my name and brought the forms I sent to KCC (DS & DSP). She critically compared the photo in my passport (issued in 2004) with the ones I brought. After a while she gave to me BECE results slip, Police Clearance (it underlined only one surname instead of two surnames on it and in my Passport), Tax Clearance, Employment letter in the AOS but took the I-864 and 2 NLs. She told me to rectify the mistake on my Police Clearance after my interview. I thanked her and sat down. At 9.45am I was called to Window 2 for fingerprint after which I sat down again waiting for the real thing (all this while I was having mixed feelings). The 1st DV winner (lady) was called to a window which I cannot remember to be interviewed. It was after I had sat down that I saw her returning smiling with a yellow sheet. 6 mins later I was called to Window 4 for interview.

CO: Good morning
ME: Good morning
CO: Do you swear that everything you are going to say is the truth?
ME: yeah
CO: Are you married? (Smiling)
CO: Do you have any children?
CO: Are you working? (Going through the docs) (He asked cos I wrote National Service on DS forms)
ME: Yes
CO: Which Work? (Started typing on the computer)
ME: Lecturing at …………
CO: Which subjects do you teach?
ME: Mention
CO: Do you training in that? (Still typing on the computer)
ME: No, I just have the passion and have been learning on my own.
CO: Do you have your BECE here?
ME: Yes (Quickly removed the Results slip and gave it to him)
CO: I mean the blue one do you have it. (After looking at it and returning it to me)
ME: Yes, I have it but I could not bring it here.
CO: I see your Police Clearance has expired. (Picked a blue sheet. Marked some option and wrote a date on it which is mid Feb)
ME: No, it has not. There’s only a mix up the surname on it.
CO: Ok. Correct it and bring the BECE cert the next you come. (Handing over the blue sheet to me)
ME: Ok
CO: Thank you
ME: You are welcome
My interview lasted for less than 3 mins. I hurriedly left the section with a smile few mins before 10.00am. By the Grace of Jesus this is all that happened.

Congratulations onasis, the battle is now over. Victory is yours

Thank God, she is finally in the States.

Praise god for all he has done

Thank God!! Did she go with her fortunate boy? Peace! Benniit

HI Ben and everyone,
As stmykael rightly said, i ve arrived safely in NEW YORK. the flight was smooth but tooooooo long! ha. ha.. i kept checking the time left for landing on my small screen and i always ended up saying "oh God,when?".. i think its cuz i took a straight flight with Delta Airlines. and i was too hungry too cuz the food they served cld not even satisfy a kid..ha..ha.
Anyway, i didnt come along with my son. Godwilling, i will go for him in march or so since the visa wld expire in april.
I arrived on saturday and went o the social security office on monday to apply fpr my number. however, i was told to come after 10 working days after my arrival. ie, you can only apply after spending 10 days afer your arrival. i dont know abt other states though. so , i just have to wait cuz without the SSN, you cant do much.
The cold is unbelievable! even with the sun shining high, its still soooooo cold. ba hey, i am managing it well.
The procedure at the immigration is pretty much the same as elaborated by those who have already come. the brown envelope is taken,do fingerprinting,take passport picture, sign a form and thats it. i had to queue fpr sometime cos there were a number of people waiting for their turn.
so...i am here, hoping and praying that i get the SSN early so that i can start doing something. i am researching too on the possible area of study to land me quick job. and here, from what i ve heard, it is in the health sector. the thing is , you need a cert form USA to make you more marketable. however, foriegn certs too can be converted to match US standard.
So people, greetings from NEW YORK! we will catch up later.

wow, what a wonderful news. Send my regards to her and wish her all the best.

GREETINGS FROM NEW YORK TO YOU AMMECK! i have arrived safely. how is the going? any luck with the job aspect? you can inbox me your contact so that we can talk from time to time. once again, thank you so much for all your pieces of advice. God bless

HI Ben and everyone,
As stmykael rightly said, i ve arrived safely in NEW YORK. the flight was smooth but tooooooo long! ha. ha.. i kept checking the time left for landing on my small screen and i always ended up saying "oh God,when?".. i think its cuz i took a straight flight with Delta Airlines. and i was too hungry too cuz the food they served cld not even satisfy a kid..ha..ha.
Anyway, i didnt come along with my son. Godwilling, i will go for him in march or so since the visa wld expire in april.
I arrived on saturday and went o the social security office on monday to apply fpr my number. however, i was told to come after 10 working days after my arrival. ie, you can only apply after spending 10 days afer your arrival. i dont know abt other states though. so , i just have to wait cuz without the SSN, you cant do much.
The cold is unbelievable! even with the sun shining high, its still soooooo cold. ba hey, i am managing it well.
The procedure at the immigration is pretty much the same as elaborated by those who have already come. the brown envelope is taken,do fingerprinting,take passport picture, sign a form and thats it. i had to queue fpr sometime cos there were a number of people waiting for their turn.
so...i am here, hoping and praying that i get the SSN early so that i can start doing something. i am researching too on the possible area of study to land me quick job. and here, from what i ve heard, it is in the health sector. the thing is , you need a cert form USA to make you more marketable. however, foriegn certs too can be converted to match US standard.

I'm grateful & thankful to the Most High for making u have a safe, peaceful and smooth trek. You'll definitely have ssn.

Please, please, please, hurry and pick the fortunate boy in March as promised. You can't eat good food, drink clean mineral water, wear good clothes and breathe good air leaving him in this filthy and hot country full of malaria and choked gutters with irrisistible stench nationwide. We count on u for his quick pickup. Receive the 2011 PEACE, my sister! Benníit

I have someone who has agreed to support me on the Affidavit. But He is in U.S.A, Should he send the documents to me or American embassy would contact him straight away. if not that what should i do.

HI Ben and everyone,

Thanks for updating us about your journey. In my state you have to wait 10 working days after arriving to apply for the SSN - the same for many states. Yea, the health sector is the only place to get a quick job and a good pay. In some states you will need to get a certified nursing assistant/aide (CNA) certificate to get into the health sector. But I learnt in New York it's a bit relaxed.

GREETINGS FROM NEW YORK TO YOU AMMECK! i have arrived safely. how is the going? any luck with the job aspect? you can inbox me your contact so that we can talk from time to time. once again, thank you so much for all your pieces of advice. God bless

Check your pm - you will find my contact number there.

I have someone who has agreed to support me on the Affidavit. But He is in U.S.A, Should he send the documents to me or American embassy would contact him straight away. if not that what should i do.

Let your sponsor send the documents to you, then take it with you to the interview appointment.

yes, i agree to ammeck

Let your sponsor send the documents to you, then take it with you to the interview appointment.

Aduku, let your sponsor drop it to u.

You've still not updated your signature. Please do as that will help of all us. Peace unto u. Benniit

@ ammeck philadelphia is suposd to be my POE but am considering going wit delta which is atalanta bound.

1. wil i drop all docs for immigration at atalanta or philadelphia since delta wil stil fly me to phily.

kindly assist on this

I'm grateful & thankful to the Most High for making u have a safe, peaceful and smooth trek. You'll definitely have ssn.

Please, please, please, hurry and pick the fortunate boy in March as promised. You can't eat good food, drink clean mineral water, wear good clothes and breathe good air leaving him in this filthy and hot country full of malaria and choked gutters with irrisistible stench nationwide. We count on u for his quick pickup. Receive the 2011 PEACE, my sister! Benníit

ha..ha.. i am laughing so loud! i hear you Ben. i will do just that. will get you posted. stay blessed.