• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

If you don't have a passport, the biometric one is what is in the system, which cannot be avoided. I think u put pressure ön them. Peace! Benniit[/QUOTE]

WIZZYBABY are u applying for the passport at their headquaters? I'm asking because the local immigration officers hands become tight after submitting the applications to headquaters in Accra So pressurizing them will proof futile. You go on with the application. if it's not ready when ur CN becomes current you can then ask for a reschedule of appointment.

@ Benniit.

Folks, I have just had my 2nd NL. Peace unto u all. Benniit

congrats Benniit. You are now closer to your victory than ever before. Remember 'it is finished', the Lord said so by Himself. The matter has been concluded, that the visa is yours.. All the best!

Hello,

congratulations to all those that had their successful interviews.The good Lord will continue to be with us all on this forum for he is a faithful God.

We that are still awaiting interview will have successful interviews in jesus name,AMEN.Let us continue thanking God for his goodness upon us all,he has promised and he will never fail cos is a covenant keeping God.

It is well with all of us,AMEN.

God in his infinite mercy will never leave us on this forum,he will continue to be with us and go with us in wherever we go,AMEN.

PRAISE GOD EVERYBODY COS WE SHALL ALL TESTIFY TO HIS GOODNESS.

WITH GOD,ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE AND IT IS SO IN OUR LIVES,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONCE AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

congrats Benniit. You are now closer to your victory than ever before. Remember 'it is finished', the Lord said so by Himself. The matter has been concluded, that the visa is yours.. All the best!

Thank u chap. The Most High is with us, and will surely accomplish the task for us. Amen! Peace! Benniit

Prayers Appreciated.

Thank you so much forumite, I really believe the joint prayer habbit we do here really work for us all the time and as it has worked for some of us that has gone for interview, it will surely work for all others that will be going for interview this year.
I'm so glad that I made it. My internet is still actin up once it comes up ? my laptop I ll update my experience.the bottom line is pick up ur visa nxt thursday and I wish u a good luck in the united state.

Hello,
My brother has joined his wife to his application. Please, what are the possible question should they expect as couple on their interview date.

I have someone who has agreed to support me on the Affidavit. But He is in Canada, Should he send the documents to me or American embassy would contact him straight away. if not that what should i do.

please, my appointment date has not been schedule can i go for the medicals before the appointment time is sent to me?

please, my appointment date has not been schedule can i go for the medicals before the appointment time is sent to me?

Hi bro, you joined this forum July, 2010 and could have updated your signature. Could u please go to the top right corner of this page and click on settings. On your left of the page, you see 'edit signature' for updation.

There is the need for us to know your case number before we can comment and advise. Peace unto u my brother. Benniit

Folks,
I do appreciate all your concerns, encouragements and prayers. I am very optimistic that it is for my own good that my Jesus let this happen. I will post my Interview experience very soon.

Folks,
I do appreciate all your concerns, encouragements and prayers. I am very optimistic that it is for my own good that my Jesus let this happen. I will post my Interview experience very soon.

What is the matter now? Can't wait to read what the story is. Hope it's well, Peace! Benniit

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

I arrived at the Embassy 6.30am on the January 6, 2011. I sat in the car going through over and over again just to make sure all documents are intact. At 7.00am I approached where those coming for interview had gathered. 5 mins later I saw people rushing towards the entrance to queue so I followed suit. We all queued in front of the entrance. We were told to take out our appointment letters in order to be inspected. With the appointment letters immigrants were separated from non-immigrants. I was the 5th in the queue. We were then ushered into the security checkpoint. Because I had no metallic mat or perfume on me I was the 2nd to go through the point, then to the point where we had to wait for further instruction.

At 7.45am a tall Whiteman (Head of DV US Embassy) and a Ghanaian came over with white and yellow sheets to speak to the DV winners on the qualification criteria (education/work experience). In fact, he did admit that only few people qualifying under work experience had been issued visas compared to education. He also gave an option for those wishing to reschedule their interview, which he said would be probably March and April. After that our appointment letters were taken from us and we were given the white and the yellow sheet which contains qualification criteria and fees to be paid to the cashier which we all filled. At 8.00am we formed a queue to enter the Consular Section to pay the visa fees. I was the 1st person in the queue.

The first 5 persons entered the section to form another queue leading to the cashier. I was third in the queue inside. After about 7 mins I paid my fees (GHC 1228.50) then went to sit down waiting to submit my documents. At 9.15am the Ghanaian that came with the Whiteman came to Window 1 and started calling DV winners to submit their forms. The security man nearer to us told us to form a queue so I was third. When it came to my turn to go to Window 1 the Gh announced that I go to Window 3 where there was a Gh woman. She has asked of my name and brought the forms I sent to KCC (DS & DSP). She critically compared the photo in my passport (issued in 2004) with the ones I brought. After a while she gave to me BECE results slip, Police Clearance (it underlined only one surname instead of two surnames on it and in my Passport), Tax Clearance, Employment letter in the AOS but took the I-864 and 2 NLs. She told me to rectify the mistake on my Police Clearance after my interview. I thanked her and sat down. At 9.45am I was called to Window 2 for fingerprint after which I sat down again waiting for the real thing (all this while I was having mixed feelings). The 1st DV winner (lady) was called to a window which I cannot remember to be interviewed. It was after I had sat down that I saw her returning smiling with a yellow sheet. 6 mins later I was called to Window 4 for interview.

CO: Good morning
ME: Good morning
CO: Do you swear that everything you are going to say is the truth?
ME: yeah
CO: Are you married? (Smiling)
ME: No
CO: Do you have any children?
CO: Are you working? (Going through the docs) (He asked cos I wrote National Service on DS forms)
ME: Yes
CO: Which Work? (Started typing on the computer)
ME: Lecturing at …………
CO: Which subjects do you teach?
ME: Mention
CO: Do you training in that? (Still typing on the computer)
ME: No, I just have the passion and have been learning on my own.
CO: Do you have your BECE here?
ME: Yes (Quickly removed the Results slip and gave it to him)
CO: I mean the blue one do you have it. (After looking at it and returning it to me)
ME: Yes, I have it but I could not bring it here.
CO: I see your Police Clearance has expired. (Picked a blue sheet. Marked some option and wrote a date on it which is mid Feb)
ME: No, it has not. There’s only a mix up the surname on it.
CO: Ok. Correct it and bring the BECE cert the next you come. (Handing over the blue sheet to me)
ME: Ok
CO: Thank you
ME: You are welcome
My interview lasted for less than 3 mins. I hurriedly left the section with a smile few mins before 10.00am. By the Grace of Jesus this is all that happened.

Folks
I have a challenge. Any time I try to update my signature, it displays it cannot be more than 500 characters. What do you suggest I do?

Hi onasis,
I think you are done. You just need to bring the needed documents and will be issued your visa. That is great and I wish you all the best.

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

I arrived at the Embassy 6.30am on the January 6, 2011. I sat in the car going through over and over again just to make sure all documents are intact. At 7.00am I approached where those coming for interview had gathered. 5 mins later I saw people rushing towards the entrance to queue so I followed suit. We all queued in front of the entrance. We were told to take out our appointment letters in order to be inspected. With the appointment letters immigrants were separated from non-immigrants. I was the 5th in the queue. We were then ushered into the security checkpoint. Because I had no metallic mat or perfume on me I was the 2nd to go through the point, then to the point where we had to wait for further instruction.

At 7.45am a tall Whiteman (Head of DV US Embassy) and a Ghanaian came over with white and yellow sheets to speak to the DV winners on the qualification criteria (education/work experience). In fact, he did admit that only few people qualifying under work experience had been issued visas compared to education. He also gave an option for those wishing to reschedule their interview, which he said would be probably March and April. After that our appointment letters were taken from us and we were given the white and the yellow sheet which contains qualification criteria and fees to be paid to the cashier which we all filled. At 8.00am we formed a queue to enter the Consular Section to pay the visa fees. I was the 1st person in the queue.

The first 5 persons entered the section to form another queue leading to the cashier. I was third in the queue inside. After about 7 mins I paid my fees (GHC 1228.50) then went to sit down waiting to submit my documents. At 9.15am the Ghanaian that came with the Whiteman came to Window 1 and started calling DV winners to submit their forms. The security man nearer to us told us to form a queue so I was third. When it came to my turn to go to Window 1 the Gh announced that I go to Window 3 where there was a Gh woman. She has asked of my name and brought the forms I sent to KCC (DS & DSP). She critically compared the photo in my passport (issued in 2004) with the ones I brought. After a while she gave to me BECE results slip, Police Clearance (it underlined only one surname instead of two surnames on it and in my Passport), Tax Clearance, Employment letter in the AOS but took the I-864 and 2 NLs. She told me to rectify the mistake on my Police Clearance after my interview. I thanked her and sat down. At 9.45am I was called to Window 2 for fingerprint after which I sat down again waiting for the real thing (all this while I was having mixed feelings). The 1st DV winner (lady) was called to a window which I cannot remember to be interviewed. It was after I had sat down that I saw her returning smiling with a yellow sheet. 6 mins later I was called to Window 4 for interview.

CO: Good morning
ME: Good morning
CO: Do you swear that everything you are going to say is the truth?
ME: yeah
CO: Are you married? (Smiling)
CO: Do you have any children?
CO: Are you working? (Going through the docs) (He asked cos I wrote National Service on DS forms)
ME: Yes
CO: Which Work? (Started typing on the computer)
ME: Lecturing at …………
CO: Which subjects do you teach?
ME: Mention
CO: Do you training in that? (Still typing on the computer)
ME: No, I just have the passion and have been learning on my own.
CO: Do you have your BECE here?
ME: Yes (Quickly removed the Results slip and gave it to him)
CO: I mean the blue one do you have it. (After looking at it and returning it to me)
ME: Yes, I have it but I could not bring it here.
CO: I see your Police Clearance has expired. (Picked a blue sheet. Marked some option and wrote a date on it which is mid Feb)
ME: No, it has not. There’s only a mix up the surname on it.
CO: Ok. Correct it and bring the BECE cert the next you come. (Handing over the blue sheet to me)
ME: Ok
CO: Thank you
ME: You are welcome
My interview lasted for less than 3 mins. I hurriedly left the section with a smile few mins before 10.00am. By the Grace of Jesus this is all that happened.

Congrats onasis, it is finished and we thank God for that. As for the missing pieces, once you provide them, you will definitely get your visa! This is a point of no return, victory is the only thing ahead. Cheers

Hello,
My brother has joined his wife to his application. Please, what are the possible question should they expect as couple on their interview date.

Hi aduk4u, First of all did your brother add her when initially entering the lottery? Or did he get married after he entered the lottery? If the answer to both questions is NO, then he risks being disqualified at the interview if he proceed to include his wife now( far from that!). Otherwise then he proceed. Regarding the questions I think he should know as much as possible about each other; birthday,marriage date, parents, job. what both of them have been doing these few months, etc. They basically look for consistency in their responses. In my case, I witnessed a couple who were made to answer questions in turns in he absence of each other. Cheers

Guys, praise be unto God.

Our sister Kyerewaa just called me from New York where she has landed safely. Join me in thanking the Almighty for granting our sister travelling mercies and making sure she got to her destination safely.

As He has done for our sister so will He do for you and me. never lose hope and despair no matter the situation. Believe in Him and all our prayers shall be answered.
Our God is a prayer answering God. There's nothing too difficult for him.

CAST YOUR BURDENS UNTO JESUS FOR HE CARES FOR U.

May the Lord be with you in everything you do . Amen!