• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Hi, you don't need to do anything, you just need a high school certificate to qualify for the program. Any added higher qualifications just makes your case strong. You need to carry with you those diplomas to your interview.

Yes, but in application we indicated High School, no degree. I guess they can say that we gave wrong information and may disqualify us. Guys, please advise..

Yes, but in application we indicated High School, no degree. I guess they can say that we gave wrong information and may disqualify us. Guys, please advise..

Your husband has not even finished with his degree programme yet, so it can't be wrong information. I guess his highest education at the time of filling the forms is the High school certificate and hence the right information have been provided. Don't worry yourself too much with anxiety you are on the right path

Your husband has not even finished with his degree programme yet, so it can't be wrong information. I guess his highest education at the time of filling the forms is the High school certificate and hence the right information have been provided. Don't worry yourself too much with anxiety you are on the right path

Yes, he hasnt finished University yet, but "High School, no degree" as I got means that he does not have a school certificate, which actually he has. So, here is the wrong information comes... I guess we were supposed to answer either "High School Degree" or "Some University Courses"..I am afraid we are going to be disqualified for providing the wrong info. So, am thinking should we call/write KCC or just leave it untill the interview date..

Yes, he hasnt finished University yet, but "High School, no degree" as I got means that he does not have a school certificate, which actually he has. So, here is the wrong information comes... I guess we were supposed to answer either "High School Degree" or "Some University Courses"..I am afraid we are going to be disqualified for providing the wrong info. So, am thinking should we call/write KCC or just leave it untill the interview date..

I've told u b4 to notify kcc of the mistake. Nsiah if u check the 2012 online app form, u'll understand dat High school certificate is the same as High school degree in this context. So keseniasat , its nt dat serious just send kcc notifyin them of d mistake and furnish them with the correct info.

I've told u b4 to notify kcc of the mistake. Nsiah if u check the 2012 online app form, u'll understand dat High school certificate is the same as High school degree in this context. So keseniasat , its nt dat serious just send kcc notifyin them of d mistake and furnish them with the correct info.

Decisions about educational qualifications are taken once you present your certificates. One cannot be disqualified or denied visa when his/her qualification has not been ascertained. Sometimes we worry about unnecessary issues. Even if you state PhD, the embassy/consulate will need to determine its authenticity before a visa is issued.

@KENNYEAST
High schools doesn't issue degrees. It could be high school certificates or what some countries called college diplomas. Although there is an option for 'High School, No Degree', that does not mean that High Schools issue degrees.

What you check is not important, it's what you present at the interview that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decisions about educational qualifications are taken once you present your certificates. One cannot be disqualified or denied visa when his/her qualification has not been ascertained. Sometimes we worry about unnecessary issues. Even if you state PhD, the embassy/consulate will need to determine its authenticity before a visa is issued.

@KENNYEAST
High schools doesn't issue degrees. It could be high school certificates or what some countries called college diplomas. Although there is an option for 'High School, No Degree', that does not mean that High Schools issue degrees.

What you check is not important, it's what you present at the interview that matters.

I agree wit u Ammeck. But all the same do u think he has any problem?

I agree wit u Ammeck. But all the same do u think he has any problem?

From the information she provided, I don't think they have a problem as long as he (the husband or the principal applicant) can present a verifiable certificate at the interview to indicate he is qualified by education. She should just relax and stop being too anxious.

Thank you Nsiah7 and KENNYEAST, I really hope it wont be a problem. But at the same time one can apply twice then, lets say indicate different education info.
So, do you think we should send them an email? Or just leave until the interview comes?

We applied this year as well and if luck is on our side again, I just think we wont go for this interview, since we are also trying to postpone the date of our departure a bit, so he gets his University degree.
It just had too many issues I think, one of them is that we got married after we received first letter from KCC, but lived together for more than 3 years before that.
Nsiah7, KENNYEAST which state are you planning to go?
Guys, thanks one more time and all the best in everything you do!

Thank you Nsiah7 and KENNYEAST, I really hope it wont be a problem. But at the same time one can apply twice then, lets say indicate different education info.
So, do you think we should send them an email? Or just leave until the interview comes?

We applied this year as well and if luck is on our side again, I just think we wont go for this interview, since we are also trying to postpone the date of our departure a bit, so he gets his University degree.
It just had too many issues I think, one of them is that we got married after we received first letter from KCC, but lived together for more than 3 years before that.
Nsiah7, KENNYEAST which state are you planning to go?
Guys, thanks one more time and all the best in everything you do!

Hey, being selected randomly by kcc computers is nö joke, and that happens once in a life time. I have a friend who was a dv winner and a fresher into the university and he had his visa. I suggest strongly that you concentrate on this one and stop the postponement. Stop relying on dv2012! God has opened this golden door for you and you want to close it, why? You're making a great mistake! Please, review your thoughts. Peace! Benniit

Benniit,

Thanks.
I am not saying we are going to give up on this one. We will try our best to go through with this one...with Gods help.

Benniit,

Thanks.
I am not saying we are going to give up on this one. We will try our best to go through with this one...with Gods help.

Hey, being selected randomly by kcc computers is nö joke, and that happens once in a life time. I have a friend who was a dv winner and a fresher into the university and he had his visa. I suggest strongly that you concentrate on this one and stop the postponement. Stop relying on dv2012! God has opened this golden door for you and you want to close it, why? You're making a great mistake! Please, review your thoughts. Peace! Benniit

Benniit u and nsiah have said it all. Infact she is beginin to sound as if they dnt need d visa, dis visa is not easy to come by, some ppl have played 4 more than 10 times yet they av nt won it. A friend use to say that, wit american visa, he can give up his degree exams. The final decision is urs my sister. Goodluck.

Hi guys, please I need ur advice from here. I used my passport to apply for. A student visa uk 2 months ago with all document legit and geniue but I was refused and told that I had been placed underban since 2008 because the application I filed in thebcontain a forged document . Well, dats tru cos it was done for me by an agent. Now I am a lucky winner of visa lottery, pls does this ve any side effect on my interview day? Cos my passport was signed at d back page. Or do I need to get a new passport?

Hi guys, please I need ur advice from here. I used my passport to apply for. A student visa uk 2 months ago with all document legit and geniue but I was refused and told that I had been placed underban since 2008 because the application I filed in thebcontain a forged document . Well, dats tru cos it was done for me by an agent. Now I am a lucky winner of visa lottery, pls does this ve any side effect on my interview day? Cos my passport was signed at d back page. Or do I need to get a new passport?

Temmy,
I think most forum memebrs are not responding to your question because most of us don't have such kind of experience. In my opinion, if a ten years ban is stamped on your passport by UK authorities, this would definitely be observed by US authorities and that may get you a delay or even a denial of your visa. I advise you to get a new passport and present that during interview at the US consulate. Good luck.

Temmy
i think Labora is correct..they are not going to turn a blind eye to it. however,il sugest that forumite who has an experience on this should come to our aid on this issue

Temmy2010,

Have you been to the UK before?If not,I would also suggest that you get a new passport as Labora suggested because the current passport has got a red flag in it and that would definitely raise an alarm to the Americans. Likewise, if you`ve been to the UK before and stayed there for more than six months then it will be a little beat tricky to go about it.

Good luck

Thanks. Guys, I ve not. Gone to uk before, the passport wasn't stamped but was signed as they do to other pls refusal but it was in the refusal letter attached to it that it was stated that I ve been under ban since 2 yrs ago.
My fear of gettin a new passport is that I applies for a visiting visa to usa in May which was not giving to me and the reason giving to me by the consular was that I do not ve any travelling history. I'm sure they must ve register my passport detail in their system. Getting a new E passport like mine wld equally take me like 2 months to collect as well too. Pls advice me more