• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 from Cameroon

Falainwest,

Make sure that any correspondence to/from KCC or Embassy should be copied into your file for your own references especially the recent mail from the Embassy that says you dont need an affidavit of support(to avoid any embarrassment on the day of your interview if someone wants to see your AOS). If you wanna raise the money yourself,then check online the poverty guideline for the state you wanna immigrate to. While trying to raise the money yourself dont relent your efforts getting the AOS if the person wanna do it for you. If you cant get the AOS try at all cost to convince the person to draft for you a powerful letter.

Cheers

Hi mr Njangah

How much atleast can i raise for a bank statement?

Greetings Folks. I am presently in Finland and from my case number i will probably be current in april or at most May and wish to get the Cameroonian police certificate, but will like to know how long it will be valid if i do it now. I also misplaced my birth certificate and would like to retrieve a new copy from the office in Cameroon. I need your suggestions.
Thanks.

Greetings Folks. I am presently in Finland and from my case number i will probably be current in april or at most May and wish to get the Cameroonian police certificate, but will like to know how long it will be valid if i do it now. I also misplaced my birth certificate and would like to retrieve a new copy from the office in Cameroon. I need your suggestions.
Thanks.

Chengwa, welcome back

Concerning the police certificate, it`s valid for a year but from your case number you`ll be current for March or April, thus, you wouldnt need it for that long. So, go for it immediately (to get the police certificate just a copy of your birth certificate or passport will do and your presence is not significant). For the birth certificate, you also have to go for it now,your case number might come up with the next Visa bulletin. With the birth certificate issue, I dont quite know how it operates because have never found myself in such a situation but would presume that you would have to make a certificate of lost and attach a copy of your ID ,then,take it to the office(court) where the birth certificate was issued for a new original to be issued but please, seek more information on this.

Good luck

Chengwa, welcome back

Concerning the police certificate, it`s valid for a year but from your case number you`ll be current for March or April, thus, you wouldnt need it for that long. So, go for it immediately (to get the police certificate just a copy of your birth certificate or passport will do and your presence is not significant). For the birth certificate, you also have to go for it now,your case number might come up with the next Visa bulletin. With the birth certificate issue, I dont quite know how it operates because have never found myself in such a situation but would presume that you would have to make a certificate of lost and attach a copy of your ID ,then,take it to the office(court) where the birth certificate was issued for a new original to be issued but please, seek more information on this.

Good luck

@ Njangah,
I greatly appreciate your time and answers. Really, i sort of feel guilty and selfish for being away this long and only seem to come back when i need answers, but believe me i was experiencing some difficulties which did keep me away. I know this is coming rather late, but still like to congratulate you on what you have achieved so far and also to wish you all the best in your future plans!
It is also my notice that we limit our questions only to those concerning the Green card which makes this forum less interractive. I have never heard anyone ask about social life, security measures, how to get a job or admission into a school in America after you obtain the green card.
Lastly i want to give credit to all the members who have contributed in one way or another to keep this forum alive.
Peace to all!

Hi to all,
I dont have a vaccination record because i have not taken any for the last 15 years or so. So i am curious to know which of these vaccines are compulsory and which of them are optional. Do i have to rely only on the panel physician for all these?
I am sure Njangah and others who have gone through this experience could tell us more.
Thanks!

Chengwa,

This might depend on where you wanna take the shots. For me I had no vaccination record as well.I went to my house Doctor and he issued me a new vaccination card and started taking the shots before visiting the Authorized Physician. If you pan through the medical examination list,you would realize that according to your age ( above 19 year) you might need just 3 shots and this could be taken from your house Doctor for nothing or cheaper.The idea with the house Doctor is that of cost reduction, at the physicians the shots are expensive. For my age, I had to take 3 different shots;tetanus, DDD, and MMR with my house Doctor before meeting the Authorized Physician. For Germany,if you have a recent X-ray (up to 6 months old) of the your chest, it might be considered by the Authorized Physician which would save you some coins at the authorized physician. At the Authorized Physician, I was just asked if I ever had chicken pox and I said yes (I had no proof),if not you would be required to take a shot for it.
My advice for you would be to call the Authorized Physician at your doorsteps to enquire which shots are necessary and how you could go about them.
I think you are in Europe right?then send me a private message to my box. I am back to Germany.

Cheers

Hi to all,
I dont have a vaccination record because i have not taken any for the last 15 years or so. So i am curious to know which of these vaccines are compulsory and which of them are optional. Do i have to rely only on the panel physician for all these?
I am sure Njangah and others who have gone through this experience could tell us more.
Thanks!

Hi Njangah,
can you see that there is no more the log in and log out section at the top of the page or is it just me? I had to click on ''Reply to Thread'' then it will then lead me to the log in page, but after that you dont still find the log out section. Just wondering whats going on.
I will private message you but reaaly dont know how that works.
Hope to hear from you and others.
Cheeers!

hello evry body in the house, I have just comfirmed that affidavit of support or a letter of any kind from our sponsors wont be required by the CO during interview, this is the same case with winners from nigeria, some guys who just went for interview last week comfirmed........this was real good news for me.

Can somebody help me here pls. I sent a mail to KCC with detail abt a correction i will like to make in my form and their reply was (The information you provided will be included in your case file for review). Can this delay my 2nd NL.?

Can somebody help me here pls. I sent a mail to KCC with detail abt a correction i will like to make in my form and their reply was (The information you provided will be included in your case file for review). Can this delay my 2nd NL.?

no way it wont delay your 2nd NL

Falainwest,
I dont think it would impact the issuance of your 2nd notification.
Have faith.
Cheers

Dear all, happy to be in this forum. What a great idea to get Cameroonians in their own forum! My wife got NL in April of 2010. Interview in Yaounde was on Oct 25 2010. Told to hold on for administrative procedure. Called again for interview on Jan 4th 2011. Again, we were told to wait since then. Anyone knows for how long we can wait approximately? I'm worried...

Hi Ndive,
let me start by welcoming you to this forum where questions hardly go unanswered satisfactorily. From your few lines i know you must have been in some kind of torment for quite a while now, but you have to remain strong and positive. I believe it is just a matter of time before you are called up to collect your green card visa; just do your best and leave the rest in the hands of God and He will surely do it for you.
Now on your question, we will need to get some details about all that has been going on before and after your interviews to be able to help you.
Hope we will be hearing from you soon.
All the bset!!

Chengwa, thanks for your reply. For more details, we got legally married in October 2010, entered the DV in November, got the results in April. We immediately filled in the forms and sent to KCC. Interview date was Oct 25. On that day, the Cons Officer asked if I had entered the DV also, I said yes. He asked how long we had known each other before marriage, I said 5 months. Any kids? I said none. They collected our photo album, our passports, her documents and later gave us a yellow form on which he had ticked "Administrative Procedure" pending.
They called on Jan 4th and asked her detailed questions about how we met, what I said to her, where we were when I proposed to her, the ceremony, where we live, what I ate two days before etc. They cross checked the answers with me separately. Her interview was about 2 hours and mine about 30 minutes. The interviewer said he will call us later for the final decision. I don't know how long this kind of situation usually takes...

Hi Ndive,
You are at the right place for possible answers to your qualms.You might not get a proper response from the Cameroonian forum because the forum is just still new and had not come accross such a case. If you make an explicit tour through other forums you will read similar cases. I do believe that your case is not different as such and most have trampled through.
You`ve played your part leave the rest to God and he will take control.
Best of luck

Chengwa, thanks for your reply. For more details, we got legally married in October 2010, entered the DV in November, got the results in April. We immediately filled in the forms and sent to KCC. Interview date was Oct 25. On that day, the Cons Officer asked if I had entered the DV also, I said yes. He asked how long we had known each other before marriage, I said 5 months. Any kids? I said none. They collected our photo album, our passports, her documents and later gave us a yellow form on which he had ticked "Administrative Procedure" pending.
They called on Jan 4th and asked her detailed questions about how we met, what I said to her, where we were when I proposed to her, the ceremony, where we live, what I ate two days before etc. They cross checked the answers with me separately. Her interview was about 2 hours and mine about 30 minutes. The interviewer said he will call us later for the final decision. I don't know how long this kind of situation usually takes...

hi folks
my CN is AF000207**
I send all my papers to receive the NL2
my friend who was suppose to receive it for me, just wrote me to say that she has just received my NL2 and she thinks she read that my appointment is scheduled for september 2011...is it possible that I received a letter for appointment 7 months before ???
I remember when I called last time I was told that my appointment was scheduled for the end of march, and my letter is going to be send...
however I will talk to my friend later on and if it is true I will call then to find out how can this be possible...

hi folks
my CN is AF000207**
I send all my papers to receive the NL2
my friend who was suppose to receive it for me, just wrote me to say that she has just received my NL2 and she thinks she read that my appointment is scheduled for september 2011...is it possible that I received a letter for appointment 7 months before ???
I remember when I called last time I was told that my appointment was scheduled for the end of march, and my letter is going to be send...
however I will talk to my friend later on and if it is true I will call then to find out how can this be possible...

The best thing to do is to talk to your friend and get back to us. If you are not from Egypt, Ethiopia or Nigeria then you were suppose to be on the January 2011 visa bulletin. It can only be possible that you are scheduled an interview that far away if you have missed your appointment interview date couple with other reasons. So if you could give us detail explanation of what actually transpired then we may be able to answer you.
Other forum members may have something more to add.
And please update your signature by going to the top of the page and click on Settings---My settings---Edit signature.
Goodluck!

Hello man; guest u must be current by now. the visa bulletin for april says 35450; except u cn is more than that.........

Hello man; guest u must be current by now. the visa bulletin for april says 35450; except u cn is more than that.........

Yeah falainwest,
I am definitely current...and its game on!!!. I know you are next on the line next March. I will soon get more details from the KCC team and then get back to you guys!
Njangah you have been very inconspicuous these days...whats on bro?
Peace!!!