• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 from Cameroon

Njangah

Registered Users (C)
Dear DV Winners,

From what I have realized there is no thread on Cameroon DV winners.Cameroonians`ve been winning and geting approved but their experiences are not shared here. It `ll be good if some Cameroon winners come here and share their experiences.
I want to sincerely congratulate Countries like Nigeria, Ghana, and Kenya for the remarkable work shared here and would loved that Cameroonians do same.There is nothing we loose or pay to assist someone to get the required information,we instead get moved with flying colours seeing someone approved who got assistance from the forum.
I`m a Cameroonian and have learnt alot from the Nigerian and Ghanian forums and would loved to share my experiences to others. So, I dearly call on past, DV-2010 and DV-2011 winners to join this forum to share their experiences.
I would be willing to share what I learnt from other forums to others especially concerning the forms and civil documents required. I am not the winner but my wife. With the assistance we got from other forums we were able to fill our forms with required photos. We`ve sent our documents to KCC.
If there is anything to share to others would only depend on what their problems/doubts are.
I look forward to seeing Cameroonians and other African brothers and sisters come out in their numbers to tell their stories here.

Good luck to those still waiting.

njslud001,

Hei bro,thank you for that response and the website directed.
Actually,I went through it but could not filter out much since it wasnt in my language.
In anycase I would just plead with you to direct any Cameroonian of English speaking to this site if should in case the person too has difficulties proceeding with the formalities.
It would be good for us to share common problems that have similar/the same solutions.
Did you win the DV-2011 or what level are you?I did not win but my wife.
We`ve forwarded are forms. to KCC and everyday we continue to seek information to see if we made an error or did not follow any instruction as stipulated.
Just giving them some time to check our forms before we can fire a mail to enquire if everything was received and ok.
Well,while waiting for others to join us with their valuable experiences let us continue to update one another in terms of any fresh information that may emerge.
I read that complete results for DV-2011 have been released and Cameroon had a quota of about 3700.This number is almost similar to that of last year. I dont if that is the quota that has been reserved for Cameroon?Because I see other African Countries actually peaking up.
I played but was not selected and still waiting.I hope as from July 1st I would be able to check if actually I wasnt selected.

God bless

njslud001,

I played but was not selected and still waiting.I hope as from July 1st I would be able to check if actually I wasnt selected.

God bless

If your wife is already selected, why would you wait for you to be selected? LOL.
Well, Im a DV2010 winner and my interview is scheduled for July 1st 2010 (in 17 days, yaaaaay. lol). I hope it's gona turn to be successful. Pray for me. lol

PS: whats your wife case number? I cn tell ya around when ya cn have your interview

Hi to all the all the bros and sis in this forum. Must say i was very glad reading from Njangah and nsjud001, i am a Cameroonian and was asking the whereabouts of Cameroonians here. I pray Jesus help you all in getting the visa; it was no mistake that he gave you the opportunity in the first place. Just put your complete trust in Him. I was also selected this year and just sent back the NL to KCC and awaiting reply. Called a couple of days back and they confirm having received the letter. They told me if i wish i could call back in about 6 weeks for further information on my case. Just waiting and praying hard! nsjud001 hope your interview went well and must have gotten a positive reply by now. nsjud001 my case number is 34***, can you suggest to me when i could possibly be scheduled an interview?
If anybody has a question don't hesitate to contact me on this forum and i will try to give my best.
''If God is for us, who can be against us?'' Rom 8:31.

If your wife is already selected, why would you wait for you to be selected? LOL.
Well, Im a DV2010 winner and my interview is scheduled for July 1st 2010 (in 17 days, yaaaaay. lol). I hope it's gona turn to be successful. Pray for me. lol

PS: whats your wife case number? I cn tell ya around when ya cn have your interview

Hi to all the all the bros and sis in this forum. Must say i was very glad reading from Njangah and nsjud001, i am a Cameroonian and was asking the whereabouts of Cameroonians here. I pray Jesus help you all in getting the visa; it was no mistake that he gave you the opportunity in the first place. Just put your complete trust in Him. I was also selected this year and just sent back the NL to KCC and awaiting reply. Called a couple of days back and they confirm having received the letter. They told me if i wish i could call back in about 6 weeks for further information on my case. Just waiting and praying hard! nsjud001 hope your interview went well and must have gotten a positive reply by now. nsjud001 my case number is 34***, can you suggest to me when i could possibly be scheduled an interview?
If anybody has a question don't hesitate to contact me on this forum and i will try to give my best.
''If God is for us, who can be against us?'' Rom 8:31.

nsjud001 my case number is 34***, can you suggest to me when i could possibly be scheduled an interview?

In April 2011, or May 2011 the latest

PS: In my post on June 14, I said my interview would be in the next 17 days which is tomorrow, July 1. So tomorrow evening, will let you know guys how it turned out...

In April 2011, or May 2011 the latest

PS: In my post on June 14, I said my interview would be in the next 17 days which is tomorrow, July 1. So tomorrow evening, will let you know guys how it turned out...

Sorry i took the 17 for 17th of June. All the best as you look forward to the interview. I pray the Lord to be with you throughout the course. We will be waiting for you to share with us your experiences.
Cheers!

Hi njslud and Chengwa,
Have been away for a while.
Actually it is the same question I keep asking myself why Cameroonians dont show up in forums like these which are very helpful.
Njslud tried to feed me with an answer which still did not surmount to the reason for them not featuring here.
I just believe that Cameroonians are not good at sharing information which makes it always dificult for them trample over difficulties.
But I believe that with coming of you guys others will joing later especially when comes to information hunting.
Concerning the question that was possed by njuslud,I also participated in the lottery and would like to know its outcome,that is why I said I would check on the 1st of July if I was selected or not .
It would only be for simple checking purpose because we have already sent our forms back to KCC. We played in Germany and my wife who is German won and our case number is not high but ok (2011EU00004xxx) and we only hope everything goes one well. From what we have read online this case number could become current either October or november depending on when we return the forms back to KCC.
Chengwa, I am not really fimiliar with the prediction of case numbers being current but it is good that njuslud gave you an idea when your case number could become current.

Njuslud who is going in for his interview tomorrow I wish you all of luck and pray that any stumbling block ahead of you should be blown away by the power strength of GOD and success is at your doorstairs.

Bros,let us keep this forum warm so that it will continue guide us and others who would subsequently join us as we wait for more notifications and successful vias interviews.

Cheers

Hi njslud and Chengwa,

Chengwa, I am not really fimiliar with the prediction of case numbers being current but it is good that njuslud gave you an idea when your case number could become current.

Happy to have you back Njangah and rest assure i will always be a member of this forum and try to bring in many more Cameroonians possible. I see your wife's case number is for Europe(EU) but mine is from Africa(AF) and they are not the same when it comes to number being current. njslud has quite a good experience in this and i believe the date of my interview should be either april or may as he said. I also confrimed that date by going through the Visa bulletin for DV 2010 winners and saw those who are in my range to have their appointment on this dates.
I am here in Europe and will do my interview here and was wondering if that will affect the process in any way. I don't know if the Cameroonians who have their interview abroad have it easier and fast or complex and slow or is it just the case number thing? Just asking though it does not really bother me.
Regards!!

Hi Chengwa,

You know, Njuslud has his interview today 1st of July and we actually wish him well.He is a DV 2010 winner. Since you and I are DV 2011 winners then we have some common concerns although we have different geographical winning regions. Since I am a dependent of the winner I would need to get some docs from Cameroon especially the police certificate. Have you already started gathering your docs from Cameroon?If not, when do you intend to start doing it?When did you get your NL from KCC and when did you send them back?
We got ours on the 7th of May, sent them back 10th of June and have not heard anything from them though,DHL tracking showed the docs have been delivered.My very last question for you is where are you in Europe?I earlier indicated that we are in Germany.
Cheerio

[We got ours on the 7th of May, sent them back 10th of June and have not heard anything from them though,DHL tracking showed the docs have been delivered.My very last question for you is where are you in Europe?I earlier indicated that we are in Germany.]
Hello Njangah!
Na how things di waka for that Bundes bro?
I received mine on the 3rd of May( one faithful monday) and sent them back on the 7th of May. Except you have a good reason, i must say that was an awful lot of time you took before sending back those documents, but that should not get you worried. I sent mine through registered priority mail and monitored its movement online. Package delivered 3 days later. I did not bother to call KC center at the time because i was sure they recieved everything. However, I just made a call 4 days ago because i was expecting them to have given me some kind of reply by now but they told me i can contact them again after six weeks to find out more,which means i may give them a call again by mid August.
I am here in Finland as a student for almost three years now and can basically get everything i need for the interview here withouth necessarily contacting or going back to Cameroon. I have all the originals of my certificates here and can also certify them with the authorities at my university. I had already collected a police clearance from the Finish authority but one think i am not sure is if it will still be valid by the time of interview; if not i will have to pay for another copy. As for the medicals and other things you only do that after you are told the exact date of your interview. As for the police certificates it states that if you have been in your present area for more than 6 months you can have it from the police authorities in that area(correct me if i am wrong).

Cheers!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Boy,

Thanx for that enriching stuff.Actually,we wanted to be certain with everything
before sending the docs back to KCC and not to stumble on a mistake later on.
So we checked ,checked and double checked b4 going to the post.
Ours also took 3days to reach them but as I said we`ve not contacted them for any information
but would surely do it for certainty probably next week or so.
Concerning the Police certificate ,I am afraid you would have to get one from Cameroon unfailingly
because you were born there and you stayed there as you were above 16 years.
Specifically from your birth town because all records are sent to the town of your birth,
Thus,you would have to get one from Cameroon and one from Finland.
For the medicals, we are already trying to get some required vaccines done with our house doctor
so as to reduce medical cost at the authorized US Doctors.

Cheers Man

Hi Njangah!
I must commend you for the timely and useful information especially that for the police certificate. All along i was thinking differently. The question now is do you get somebody to do it and send from cameroon or you are compelled to go there and do it yourself? Also how many months to the interview is the police certificate valid?
Having the personal doctor in order to reduce price is very wise thing especially if you people have kids. They also require court clearance certificate, but i guess if you have a clean police record then there is no need for that. What do you think?
All the best man!

Hey guys!!! My interview was okay yesterday. The lady told me that everything seems to be fine (she still needs to check my medical report) and that my passport will be ready for collection on Tuesday. I guess the visa is in the pocket. :)
Good luck to you guys...

Hi Chengwa,

You can travel to Cameroon for the police report though, you are not compel to
except you have other things to solve there otherwise you can send copies of either your Birth certificate or that of your ID card
or both to a relative to do it for you.You would have to send passport size photograph as well.I have already contacted someone who will get mine.
Immediately I see that our case number would become current I would ask for mine even without having received the 2NL.
From past visa bulletins,our number would become current probably in october or november,then would request mine around August or lastest September.
But If I see someone going down any moment from now I would request it as well since from now up to October is just 3months left.
I hear most police reports are valid for atleast 6months.
It is not only a matter of having kids to reduce cost with the family doctor rather there are some vaccines that one can get them from the family doctor that would not require you to pay for them.If you`ve had those required vaccines with your family doctor or had them while you were still young then it would reduce your mediacl cost.

Cheerio

Congrats njuslud,

Let me congratulate you on your brilliant interview performance.The Lord God heard our prayers and ushered you the way to the Land of our dreams.How long did your interview last?And what were the basic questions that were asked?Just being inquisitive to read your response.I hear others get their passport posted why is it that you will go for yours instead?
The Lord is great.
Cheers

1:20pm, I arrived at the consulate. I was late and the last interviewee to arrive but the first to be served. :)

A South African lady at counter no. 1 calls my name

Lady: Your name?
ME: XXX

Lady: Are you a South Africa permanent resident?
ME: NO. I'm here for study purposes

Lady: What are you studying?
ME: Human Physiology and Biochemistry

Lady: Where?
ME: University of Cape Town

Lady: Give me all your documents including the affidavit of support
ME: Here they are

Lady: Have you ever been to the US?
ME: NO

Lady: Do you have family in the US?
ME: YES, my younger brother

Lady: Is he legal in the US? How did he get there?
ME: I first smiled and was thinking "who does she think we are in ou family? Terrorists?". Then I told her he immigrated to the US with an F1 visa

Lady: Did you submit your medical records to the security at the front desk?
ME: Yes ma'am

Lady: It's a'ight. Everything looks perfect and you are eligible to receive a visa
Immediately, I started smiling and couldn't stop. lol

After that, she send me to the cashier counter for payment. After I paid the cashier, she gave me back two bank notes asking to change them as they were fake. lol. I did change them and then I went to counter no. 9 where I met the consular officer (CO), an american lady. She asked me the exact same questions as the South African lady fom counter no. 1. I guess she just wanted to double-check my answers. Then she added:

CO: Which state you going to?
ME: California

CO: Why there?
ME: Because what I wanna study is rare in the US and only universities in CA do offer that course

CO: okay. And where does your brother live?
ME: Memphis, TN

CO: Ah! I'm from Memphis
Immediately after she said that, we both smiled at the same time. lol

CO: When are you flying back to Cape Town?
ME: Next week, Tuesday morning

CO: You should change your flight date because your passport will be ready for collection and delivered to you via DHL only on Tuesday evening
ME: Okay, I'll do it

CO: Well, goodbye and all the best
ME: Thank you. Bye

This is it!!! :)
Good luck to you guys

Bro, thanks very much for the positive feedback. I have to start arranging for that when i get the second notification letter.
All the best!!!