• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 Education: Community College vs University

no_trying

Registered Users (C)
What is the highest level of education you have achieved, as of today?
  1. Primary school only
  2. University Degree
  3. High School, no degree
  4. Some Graduate Level Courses
  5. High School degree
  6. Master's Degree
  7. Vocational School
  8. Some Doctorate Level Courses
  9. Some University Courses
  10. Doctorate Degree

You must have a minimum of a high school diploma reflecting the completion of a full course of study (vocation schools or equivalency degrees are not acceptable) or be a skilled worker in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to qualify (visit http://online.onetcenter.org/ {this link will open in a new window} to see if your occupation qualifies) for a Diversity Visa.

What is the answer to this question if you attended a community college, not university, for 3 years and just got a diploma?

Did you receive a HS diploma or a GED?

This is for my relative of mine. He has High School diploma from Canadian High School and then he went to community College for 3 years and also has a diploma from there. What should he select, High School Degree?

Either one of them...doesn't matter, he already qualifies by having a HS diploma, so if I were him i would select HS.

University Degree is the highest level of education I have achieved, and also, my occupation qualifies for a Diversity Visa. I'm a Television Director and in accordance with the O*NET OnLine (http://online.onetcenter.org) my Job Zone is 4, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 to < 8.0 and I have 15 years of experience as Television Director.

What Occupations qualify for the DV Program? (DV-2011 Instructions)
To determine eligibility based on work experience, definitions from the Department of Labor’s (DOL) O*Net OnLine database will be used. The O*Net Online Database groups job experience into five job zones. While many occupations are listed on the DOL Website, only certain specified occupations qualify for the DV Program. To qualify for a DV on the basis of your work experience, you must have, within the past five years, two years of experience in an occupation that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher.

Good luck to all :)