• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

In the letter that they sent me they ask me to get letter from job, w-2 form and tax returns for the last year or if i don't have it form i-134 from a sponsor, his letter of employment, w-2 and tax returns for the last year....i am desparate cause i don't have that much ppl who could sign this form for me..........(((

Thank you for your response, Cyber

>This year we paid
>440x3 to KCC
>985+85 x 2 for adults
>635 for the kids[/QUOTE]

Then, did your kid get invitation for biometrics?
I saw the following post from DV2009 AOS.

> We never got appointment for Biometrics for the kids (did not know we had to).
>The officer said that this is their mistake and immediately printed out appointment >letters. He said that children under 14 are required to give a picture and
>index finger (if possible) - which will be used for the Card it self. He can
>approve the application - juveniles do not need to pass any FBI
>screening prior to approval.

Do you get biometrics invitation for your kid without paying for 85$?
Or do your kid get a picture and index finger without any invitation?

best,

Max555

2012AS000119XX (NJ)
07/15/11 1st NL on the web
07/30/11 Sent DSP-122, DS-230, and Photos to KCC
08/06/11 Medical checkup, Immunization
08/06/11 Pay non-refundable diversity processing fee of 440$ per person
08/12/11 Medical completed

Yes, he got all the same documents we got, 797, biometric letter, interview letter and went with us to have photo and fingerprints. Also we were told he must be on the interview. Good luck.
Thank you for your response, Cyber

>This year we paid
>440x3 to KCC
>985+85 x 2 for adults
>635 for the kids

Then, did your kid get invitation for biometrics?
I saw the following post from DV2009 AOS.

> We never got appointment for Biometrics for the kids (did not know we had to).
>The officer said that this is their mistake and immediately printed out appointment >letters. He said that children under 14 are required to give a picture and
>index finger (if possible) - which will be used for the Card it self. He can
>approve the application - juveniles do not need to pass any FBI
>screening prior to approval.

Do you get biometrics invitation for your kid without paying for 85$?
Or do your kid get a picture and index finger without any invitation?

best,

Max555

2012AS000119XX (NJ)
07/15/11 1st NL on the web
07/30/11 Sent DSP-122, DS-230, and Photos to KCC
08/06/11 Medical checkup, Immunization
08/06/11 Pay non-refundable diversity processing fee of 440$ per person
08/12/11 Medical completed[/QUOTE]

I left the A # blank on the forms as i wasn't sure if they would reuse my old A # or provide me a new one. On the receipts, my A# was the old one. So they simply merged my files. I'm almost certain that this is not my problem. But who knows....

Yoni, do you know for certain that the A# that they assigned you is correct?

If I remember your signature correctly, you filed at around the same time as us. We got a notice that my wife's A# was assigned incorrectly and they re-assigned another number, along with a revised I-797. When we went for our biometrics, we brought all correspondence with us. The inspector at the support center was pretty sharp: he noticed that the biometric letter for my wife was for the earlier incorrect number, and in fact she wasn't scheduled for biometrics yet as a result. He also knew that USCIS had some problems with A#'s around the time we applied (probably was distributed through a memo). The inspector then verified in the system that all the information attached to the new A# was correct with my wife's record in the USCIS system and made sure the biometrics that he allowed her to do were attached to the proper record.

Soon after I get a Request for Initial Evidence for a bunch of forms, cause they thought I was doing family-based sponsorship (when if fact was was a derivative of my wife's DV application, and selected the correct box on the I-485). I submitted a reply stating the DV aspect, along with evidence. No news for a while, and then did Infopass and found out that our case was forwarded to FO, probably 1.5 months after biometrics, which I think is a little slower than normal.

I'm fairly certian that the RIE was a direct result from the A# mixup. The original A# they assigned my wife had somebody else's record, but the I-797 we first got showed my wife's name and info with that A#.

I see that many of you have successfully found out when your biometrics/bg check was cleared and when your files were transferred to the field offices. Did you call KCC or USCIS to get this information regarding the biometrics clearnce? I called USCIS like a gazillion times but i always end up with the automated information that appears on the website as well (which still states initial review, we received your app on this date etc).

I called KCC and KCC told me that they do not have information regarding the biometrics and to contact the field office. When I ask about whether my case has been requested, he checked it up and told me that they just received the request, today! So thats something positive i guess!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you physician?

Hahah no i wish i am, maybe someday. I'm a clinical lab scientist (to be). The thing is many programs in the US had been shut down over the years. the aftermath of that is now the programs have become so competitive that only half my class got accepted into the final year and manage to secure a place in these clinicals sites. I have a few classmates who dropped out of their clinical sites during the previous year due to personal reasons and tried to re-enter this year, but they all got personal letters from the university and hospital saying that they can no longer accept them into the program again as they 'did not have commitment!" to the profession! Rather scary isn't it?! I think the only excuse they would be willing to accept will be a major illness or something of that sort.

Anyways, keeping my fingers crossed! How is the progress on your case, or are you done? good luck anyway!

Thank you, Cybor. It is very helpful.
Good luck with your interview!

ps.MY ASC office is also Elizabeth, NJ.

>Yes, he got all the same documents we got, 797, biometric letter,
>interview letter and went with us to have photo and fingerprints.
>Also we were told he must be on the interview. Good luck.

Contented - it can be frustrating calling USCIS and getting the machine. Here is my standard procedure for getting a human being every time. When you get prompted to select various options, enter this sequence of choices/numbers and you'll get through to a live human being: 1,7,3,6.

Great news about the request for your file. That's pretty much the only thing KCC can tell you. The other info regarding biometrics and name check etc. is given to you at the field office of you request an infopass and ask those questions. But ultimately it seems like you're in good shape and probably don't need to follow up with them that much.

I see that many of you have successfully found out when your biometrics/bg check was cleared and when your files were transferred to the field offices. Did you call KCC or USCIS to get this information regarding the biometrics clearnce? I called USCIS like a gazillion times but i always end up with the automated information that appears on the website as well (which still states initial review, we received your app on this date etc).

I called KCC and KCC told me that they do not have information regarding the biometrics and to contact the field office. When I ask about whether my case has been requested, he checked it up and told me that they just received the request, today! So thats something positive i guess!

Contented - it can be frustrating calling USCIS and getting the machine. Here is my standard procedure for getting a human being every time. When you get prompted to select various options, enter this sequence of choices/numbers and you'll get through to a live human being: 1,7,3,6.

Great news about the request for your file. That's pretty much the only thing KCC can tell you. The other info regarding biometrics and name check etc. is given to you at the field office of you request an infopass and ask those questions. But ultimately it seems like you're in good shape and probably don't need to follow up with them that much.

Thanks for the tip! it worked like magic!! hahahah i managed to speak to a human this time, she gave me the same info as you did about doing infopass to get more info on my case. I'll have to wait till the end of the month to do it though as my field office is about 5 hrs from where i'm currently at, and i dont have a car! But as you said, I think I dont have to worry too much because guess what, my file that was initially transferred to Malaysia for CP has been transferred back to the field office!!! I just wrote to the Malaysian US Embassy yesterday to ask if they have received a request for my file and they said they already have and the file has been forwarded to the office!! These guys work fast!!!

JUst want to also say thanks everyone for all the wonderful info on this forum!

Had my interview this morning, couldn't be any smoother, the IO was so nice, I was in and out in 10 minutes. He just looked at all the originals of the documents i sent, took my I-94 and I-134 and said he'll approve it this afternoon. This is incredible!!!!! 17 years in America............FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our congratulations!
I told you Newark is a very nice office.
Did the officer ask for I-134, or you gave him just in case he need it?

Had my interview this morning, couldn't be any smoother, the IO was so nice, I was in and out in 10 minutes. He just looked at all the originals of the documents i sent, took my I-94 and I-134 and said he'll approve it this afternoon. This is incredible!!!!! 17 years in America............FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 years! That's almost half a lifetime.. Wow congrats can't imagine how you must be feeling. It took me about 3 months for it to all sink in :)

Hi

Congratulations!
I am very happy for you!!

Thats great news I am very happy for you...I feel your pain 17 years is a long time....Its time for you to celebrate

Is I-134 for every DV applicant or just for the dependent?
I have been on F1 for 7 years and I am currently on H1 for two years. I am just wondering I need to prepare it ahead.

@eooedada and @EternalHope could you mind sharing your situation? Thanks.

Hey everyone!!!!! Thank you, I just saw Card Production on my status page, I'm on cloud 9!!!!!!!! For those asking about I-134, it depends on the officer adjusting your status, usually if you are working and your salary is over I think 17,000 a year, you don't need a sponsor, I'm not working right now so I got someone to sponsor for me. I'm out for a night of wild partying, good luck for everyone else still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Eternal Hope. Didn't I tell you that IO would not give u a hard time?
:) I just imagine how you are feeling right now.. it was 25 years waiting for my husband. All the best.