• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey baobab, haven't seen you around forever, how is everything. I remember the case of Capeolive from last year that did that, but it took a lot of work and effort from his side in order to be succesful and time of course.

Hi natta,
I've been checking on this thread every now and then, but I did not have anything to add to the discussion.

Good luck to those still waiting. Especially the applicants from CT, some are waiting for a really long time. That must be very frustrating.

What is your rank number/case number. Feel free to provide that in the form of 16xxx 35xxx, etc.
It will be a mistake by you coming in here with a B (tourist) visa and applying for AOS. When you enter US with B, you sign that you are not intending to immigrate....
Also, AOS is almost never faster than CP....
If i were you, I would do CP (consular processing ) at Chisinau/Kishinev.
You have very good odds to get your interview before sep 30th 2011...
I think he will have his interview in Bucharest. From what I know, the embassy in Chisinau does not process DV cases.

i received today my case number they said to send papers to them but i'm afraid that i will not manage to 30sept 2011? i have tourist visa so i can go to usa and apply directly in usa?its should be faster right????thanks for answers
I agree with Yoni. Coming here on B visa to apply for AOS would be a mistake.
There is a rule of "preconceived immigrant intent" when you enter US on non-immigrant visa and then quickly apply for adjustment of status.
We discussed this in the past. See the post at the link below and a few other posts down on the same page.
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?312270-DV-2011-AOS-Only&p=2257533#post2257533

THANKS A LOT TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
I SEND TODAY ALL PAPERS TO KCC VIA DHL AND in 3 BUSINESS DAY IT SHOULD BE THERE(APRIL 12, I GUESS)
HOW DO YOU THINK GUYS WHEN I SHOULD RECEIVE 2 LETTER FROM KCC???

itusually takes around 8-12 weeks to process the papers and for you to get an appointment for the interview in Bucuresti

THANKS A LOT TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
I SEND TODAY ALL PAPERS TO KCC VIA DHL AND in 3 BUSINESS DAY IT SHOULD BE THERE(APRIL 12, I GUESS)
HOW DO YOU THINK GUYS WHEN I SHOULD RECEIVE 2 LETTER FROM KCC???

itusually takes around 8-12 weeks to process the papers and for you to get an appointment for the interview in Bucuresti

So, hopefully I will manage to receive DV visa until 30 of september? How you think Natta??? I really need your suggestions :D
Thanks a lot

Hi all,

I am an international student ( with F-1 Visa) and I was graduated couple months ago, so I am on the OPT right now.
I have problem for filling I-485 form. My questions are:
(1) What should I write on the "Current USCIS Status"?
(2) What should I write in the box " Expires on (mm/dd/yyy) " which right next to the "Current USCIS Status"?
Is my F1 visa, OPT or I-94 expire date?
(3)For Part 3.
"Nonimmigrant Visa Number" is the red color number on the right bottom corner of my F1 VISA?

Thank you all,

(1) F1 - OPT (experts please share your opinion)
(2) OPT expiration date
(3) number in red color

Hi all,

I am an international student ( with F-1 Visa) and I was graduated couple months ago, so I am on the OPT right now.
(2) What should I write in the box " Expires on (mm/dd/yyy) " which right next to the "Current USCIS Status"?
(3)For Part 3.
"Nonimmigrant Visa Number" is the red color number on the right bottom corner of my F1 VISA?

Thank you all,

Now wait and see, but make sure you will have the visa ready to go to Romania, when you will have to go to Bucuresti, now just wait for the response from KCC and make sure you are ready to do the medicals. Just read the forum for Consul Processing as I am not really sure what else you have to do till then, but inform yourself as you don't have that much time to loose. Succes

So, hopefully I will manage to receive DV visa until 30 of september? How you think Natta??? I really need your suggestions :D
Thanks a lot

1. F-1
2. D/S . I believe this is more appropriate but you can write the OPT expiration date. If I recall correctly, Khayat wrote D/S and Lucky2011 wrote OPT Expiration date and both were fine. So, it is up to you.
3. The number in Red Color is your non-immigrant visa number like Sharminlee said.

Hi all,

(3)For Part 3.

Thank you all,

Guys,
If KCC has transferred your file to FO does that mean that your application is at the FO waiting for the interview schedule? I am curious...:)

Thank you, feel and Sharminlee !!
Thanks A LOT!!

1. F-1
2. D/S . I believe this is more appropriate but you can write the OPT expiration date. If I recall correctly, Khayat wrote D/S and Lucky2011 wrote OPT Expiration date and both were fine. So, it is up to you.
3. The number in Red Color is your non-immigrant visa number like Sharminlee said.

We got our cards today.
As natta and others said, it is a great feeling and I cannot express my feelings.
It was so exciting to open the envelopes and see the cards were there.
It is hard to believe that we actually got them.
Good bye my f1. Welcome freedom.
Again thank you all of you guys and I hope all of you get your GCs soon.

Congrats Mista, told you the feeling is amazing, enjoy and good luck in life .

We got our cards today.
As natta and others said, it is a great feeling and I cannot express my feelings.

With you case number, you are already current. GREAT news.
So, I think you would get your interview really fast. Maybe 30-60 days tops.
Good luck!

Thanks a lot

Congrats Mista !!! Wish you all the best with your new freedom ....

We got our cards today.

Congrats Mista! This needs to be treated like a project and missteps need to avoided if at all possible.
You were certainly a champ through it all and it paid off... No more visas, enjoy.

For the G-325 Form,
1) do I need to write anything for "File Number" on the top right corner ?
2)Should I write every address even through I stay there less then 2 months period? (Applicant's residence last five years)

Thank you ;)

Congrats voxx! No wonder it took a while for you to share your experience. I'm glad it is all over for you and your family. Good luck in your endeavors!

Leynabee

Aah, the bloody thing is over!

So, our interview was done on 3/28. We arrived half an hour early, San Jose field office looked empty, we were admitted almost immediately. The officer was neither friendly nor anything, I couldn't read off his poker face a thing. My wife, the winner, took the turn first, took the oath and then went through every single question on I-485. Then had to sign that she agrees with all the notes/corrections the IO made on her I-485. Was asked for her original birth certificate, all letters from KCC and the DV fee receipt. We had our kids with us, so were asked for both their birth certificates, even though they're US citizens.

Then I took the oath, and went through all the questions on I-485. My bad here, I had an out-of-state drivers license - I'm in consulting, move a lot, and my employers' headquarters are not in California either - so IO started asking about something that would prove that I live AND work in California, like apartment lease (didn't have it with me) and tax return (had it but FORGOT about it), or employment letter - asked if I had HR in Cali to get it the same day. I did show him my payslip, but that didn't satisfy him. I must admit, I was a bit shaken, in part due to lack of sleep the night before, in part due to not being ready for some of the questions. So I could give him W-2 that I had with me but I didn't, and I even forgot that I had all my tax returns at hand. He also asked for original marriage certificate, divorce certificate from the previous marriage. Then he turned back to my wife and said that since she's is unemployed she'll need I-134 affidavit of support. We said that we have proof of sufficient funds, but he responded that she must have an affidavit if she's unemployed, and he's going to verify if I could sign it. I spent the next couple of minutes trying to think who would do this for us if he tells that I'm not able to sign myself. Fortunately he said that I can do it, all I needed was to provide my I-94 number against option (e.) in question 1. on the form. At this point we had so many unanswered questions accumulated that I was starting to wonder which way it might go.

So he gave us a request for additional information, asking to provide within 30 days: employment letter, apartment lease, tax return, affidavit of support by me on behalf of my wife. Then he said that KCC file had not arrived yet, so he'd be working on that while we prepare all the documents. My wife was never asked for original high school diploma, which is ironic since most of other folks seem to get away with showing just that.

I got employment letter from HR on 3/30 and immediately overnighted all the docs. We've been nervously waiting since the date they were delivered, and Hallelujah, Card/ Document Production emails are sitting in my inbox for almost an hour now!

Congrats to Mista too! Enjoy being green.

I have a question, and natta you made a brief comment regarding that.
I filed my I-485 before my husbands and received answers and notifications within acceptable if not great timeframe. My interview is next week as you can see on my signature.
My husband was waiting for his H-4 to be renewed which we got in March, and we filed his on March 11th (The AOS) so it's been almost a month. Now, we still haven't received any notification or receipts, and my check is still not cashed. What should we do? Is this normal?
Mind you, according to our lawyer, we may be able to have the interview at the same time (he spoke with the officer because of the fact that they thought that my stepdaughter was living in the US and I was missing the DV fee for her; We told them that she was going to apply for an immigrant visa from home and is still in school there.). So now I'm a little worried knowing that I would have loved having both interviews done at the same time. I guess the only thing I can do is wait and see.

Thanks all for you input.
Leynabee

Green Card

Few minutes back my wife called me and told me that GC is waiting for me :) What a great relief. I still cannot believe how smooth the process was. All thanks goes to this (and previous) forum members and certainly Rajiv S Khanna for taking this initiative.

Thank you all again.