• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 anyone received second letter?

I need a quick response please

I am a winner from nigeria, i finished my secondary sch education in year 1996 without a complete result but i ve 6 credits without maths & english in it but prior to this time i did 1995 gce in which i have it in full with 4 numbers of a's but when i filled form ds 122 sent to kcc i filled 1996 as the year i finished my sec. Sch. Joined it with higher institution dates. Hope this is not a mistake.

Nadal1987,
You can call them (606-526-7500) or e mail them (kccdv@state.gov)
You will get a prompt response.
Good luck.

Hi guys,
It has been almost two days in this week (in Africa) but not much 2nd NLs being reported. Possibly more coming in the last ten days of the month, ie, next week. Waiting is actually more tiresome than working.

Hi guys,
It has been almost two days in this week (in Africa) but not much 2nd NLs being reported. Possibly more coming in the last ten days of the month, ie, next week. Waiting is actually more tiresome than working.

+1

Still waiting!

Hi everyone, yesterday I sent an e mail to KCC to ask them about the status of my application, and today I got a response:
Thank you for your inquiry.
Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of November below 11,000. If your case number is current and has completed processing, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

It is good to hear that the application process is completed. On the other hand, my case number is only 5** and it looks that kcc has not yet started to give appointment dates for those of us who sent the forms relatively late. Any idea??

Nadal1987,
You can call them (606-526-7500) or e mail them (kccdv@state.gov)
You will get a prompt response.
Good luck.

I emailed them asking about the case, with all the info you're supposed to put in the email, and two days later still no response, so it doesn't seem to me like they answer very promptly. Should I email them again??

I emailed them asking about the case, with all the info you're supposed to put in the email, and two days later still no response, so it doesn't seem to me like they answer very promptly. Should I email them again??

No, the one u sent them is enough. Kcc takes 3 to 5 days before response, if lucky 2 days. Peace! Bennit

Let's expect a breaking news today. Peace! Benniit

Today is the 16th of September and it still looks that forum members current for October are striken with 2nd NL hunger. A winner who is going to be interviewed even in October 31 has only six weeks from now. Considering the 4-6 weeks interval that 2nd NLs reach to winners before their interview dates, we expect to see the bulk of 2nd NLs coming in the coming two weeks. However, for those with early October interviews, the 2nd NLs are definitely late and people should be processing their medicals and police cetificates by now. Good luck for all of us.

My interview is on the 20th of October, KCC recieved my forms on the 1st of June and i still don't have my 2NL!!!

Ok guys here it is, KCC finally responded correctly to my 2nd email, and they said my parents have an interview on Nov.8 and that the 2NL was mailed on September 15th. They sent their forms to KCC in mid june and their number is 15**. Excited about it, hopefully all goes good for them, already have all the papers ready. Should I tell them anything special about the interview? Are they going to be asked anything funny?? or just check the papers and they are good to go?
Thanks

Ok guys here it is, KCC finally responded correctly to my 2nd email, and they said my parents have an interview on Nov.8 and that the 2NL was mailed on September 15th. They sent their forms to KCC in mid june and their number is 15**. Excited about it, hopefully all goes good for them, already have all the papers ready. Should I tell them anything special about the interview? Are they going to be asked anything funny?? or just check the papers and they are good to go?
Thanks

One of kcc's delicacies is putting pressure on them. You see, excessive emails forced them to give u what belongs to u. You're now relieved! Peace! Benniit

One of kcc's delicacies is putting pressure on them. You see, excessive emails forced them to give u what belongs to u. You're now relieved! Peace! Benniit

Uhm what's that supposed to mean?? Should I be worried? :) From what I've read through the forum about people's experiences they just looked through their papers, and they're pretty much done with it, maybe asked a q or two about what they gonna do in the us, but thats about it.

Dear guys,

I know that for DV-2011 there are case numbers as high as 40xxx and now I see there is case number like 88XXX in africa.since only around 100000 won the lottery how is it possible because the total will add up tp 128,000 people?

Hi Bahman,
That is definitely not an easy question because there is no clear explanation from kcc. KCC just states that case numbers are given starting from one for every region. That means there are case numbers of 1,2,3... for one region and 1,2,3...for another region and etc for all six regions. As you have put it the sum of the case numbers should make the total number of selectees (about 106,000 for this year) if the case numbers are given in a consecutive manner. The fact that the sum is greater than the number of selectees suggests that winners may no be given consecutive numbers. It is difficult for me to think of other explanations. However, other people have been suggesting that derivatives of principal applicants may also be given case numbers making the sum greater than the actual number of winners. KCC should give clear explanations for this and other issues and until then everything will not be more than a speculation.

You should have receive second letter by now, however there are many who are scheduled for October but haven’t receive yet. I will advice you contact KCC by email at KCCDV@STATE.GOV for them to give you your scheduled date.

Hello everyone with low case numbers,
still no 2nd NLs? Or at least e mail or phone call information from kcc about interview dates?

Hello everyone with low case numbers,
still no 2nd NLs? Or at least e mail or phone call information from kcc about interview dates?

Keep on sending emails to kcc to give u your interview date since you've received your 2nd nl. Peace! Benniit