• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

Dear dvnp,
I am not Seniors, But junior!!!!!!!!
Because you maybe my serial no. is latter than you! do you understand.

anyway I am also like as blind about Affidavit of Support:

But PCC's validity 6(six) month.

Good Luck

Hi kabir007
Thanks for your info on PCC validity. Hope some seniors can help us about Affidavit of Support and it's requirement.
Good luck!

Dear dvnp,
I am not Seniors, But junior!!!!!!!!
Because you maybe my serial no. is latter than you! do you understand.

anyway I am also like as blind about Affidavit of Support:

But PCC's validity 6(six) month.

Good Luck

The affadavit of support is not required for the DV visa. You simply have to demonstrate that you wont be a burden on the state by giving proof of funds. If you have a sponsor it would obviously help but if you dont have one it is not an issue.

today had my interview in US embassy kathmadnu. It was preety simple and stright forward the consuler was a nice lady ,

Q: Which language do you prefer?
A English would be better

Q: OK .................. what is the highest qualification you have recived
A: Bachelor of engineering

Q:When did you complete your degree?
A: Some 43 year back in the year 2007

Q: what Have you been doing since??
A: working in ....................... as engineer

Q:So is your work related to engineering?
A: yes I do.......................................

Q: Don't you have any document from your current employer?
I showed her the doc

Q: That is great how do you know your sponsor
A: He is my relative

Q: so when you get to US what do you plan to do??
A I would work for some time and then persude MS

Then the lady did some few clicks in her computer and asked me to sign the form which I had sent to KCC before.Then she said you are congratulation you are eligible for Visa pls come on 26-Aug to collect your passport.

:D

CN 2010AS00024XXX

so it was a straight forward process, they just wanted to conform with me that I have the basic educational requirement for the DV and a place to stay in US . and to my surprise they didn't touch my financial doc :O

Being interviewed 2 hours ago at US Embassy Jakarta

I have been interviewed 2 hours ago. I got a very explicit guy, just ask:
- what do you do now?
I said that i do business
- what kind of business?
- how much income that i got every month?
- where was your last study?
- where is my parents live?
- where do you want to live in US? With who?

Ok that's it. Then he got my passport and ask for my e-mail and my phone number and say that they will notify me the result later. I've been interviewed less than 5 minutes. So i'm going home without a letter from the embassy, except my original document (without passport). I'm so nervous now waiting for the result.

I'm asking the following:
1. when you are selected will you be expected to give an address of resident in the US? what of people that don't know anybody in the US?
2. if you are not in a country of your birth or citizenship, in another country for other purposes( studies etc). where will be your country where you will have your visa interview after being selected? in the country where you live today or in the country of your birth?
3. what documents will they ask for during the interview?
4. when you are successful for the interview and you are still a student in a university other than in Us what happens? what is expected of you? to immigrate immediately or you can go to the US and come back to complete your education?
5. please tell me about more details of this visa lottery after the application
thank you~! help out on this questions please

1.You must be from an eligible country.
2.You must have successfully completed the high school certificate.
3.You must have a sponsor in USA to sign an Affidavit of Support for you at the USICS.