• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

Same situation , 9 years before and this is number 10 . I wish you good luck tarekn and Anstel. I hope we can make it this year , good luck for everyone.

How come you guys after 10 years didn't get any luck?
What's your countries, if i may ask?

it's a lottery, and it depends on the number of participants... the more there are, the chance to win decreases
I really hope to see that big white envelope in my mailbox this year... best of luck to all

And depends on your region.
I don't know how it works but I sent 6 applications for friends and family. And 2 of them were selected. We're all from the South America Region.

DV 2010 Results

I email KCC and here are the results:

My email to them:From: Salum Juma [mailto:pwazka@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:03 PM
To: KCC DV
Subject: DV 2010 results

Hello KCC

I am living in Africa-Tanzania.I played DV 2010.I want to know whether the first winning notification letter are out and they are ready posted to the winners.

When will this results be in the website.I am asking so,cause I use my friends box address so want to be make a follow up.

Thanks in advance.

Their Answer:

"KCC DV" <KCCDV@state.gov>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"Salum Juma" <pwazka@yahoo.com>

Thank you for your inquiry.

Applicants who are not selected will not receive a response to their entry. All DV 2010 notification letters will be mailed from KCC prior to July 1, 2009. KCC does not notify a selectee by telephone or email. For security purposes, a list of selectees will not be published. If you do not receive a letter via postal mail from KCC, you are not a selectee. No other organization or company is authorized by the Department of State to notify Diversity Visa lottery applicants of their selected entry.

Notification letters will be sent to the mailing address provided on the entry. If you applied through an outside agency, you should contact them to inquire about your status in the program.

Starting with DV-2010, all entrants, including those NOT selected, will be able to check the status of their entry through the E-DV website and find out if their entry was or was not selected. Entrants should keep their own confirmation page information from the time of their entry (October 2, 2008, to December 1, 2008) until they may check the status of their entry online. Status information for DV-2010 will be available online from July 1, 2009, until June 30, 2010. All notification letters are sent to the address indicated on the entry within five to seven months from the end of the application period.

COMMENTS:

I dont understand even the first NL is out..any ideaspls

The same email that KCC replied to me.
I called them they said in early of April the first NL will be out.
Be patient !!!:)

Dv

But this times seems to they late to release even the first late.Last year I got one on my friend in March,though it stamped February 2008.Whats happen to them this year..

But this times seems to they late to release even the first late.Last year I got one on my friend in March,though it stamped February 2008.Whats happen to them this year..

I'm sure we'll see the 1st NLs popping out in peoples mailboxes soon enough. hold on just a little longer ;)

Entrants should keep their own confirmation page information from the time of their entry (October 2, 2008, to December 1, 2008) until they may check the status of their entry online. Status information for DV-2010 will be available online from July 1, 2009, until June 30, 2010. All notification letters are sent to the address indicated on the entry within five to seven months from the end of the application period.

COMMENTS:

I dont understand even the first NL is out..any ideaspls

It's very clear to understand from what they wrote in that e-mail to you.
-beginning of December plus five months = beginning of April

And even though, NL's were sometimes sent earlier to applicants, the official 'release date' should always be considered as 'set date'. Should you get the NL earlier, so be happy...

MY BROTHER HAS WON MAR 30
HIS NO. HIS AF11XXX
So its really out. I applied for 8 people. For myself and 7 others including my brother. Am praying that i also win and more of the people I applied for also win. Seems like I am the first person to get this year's ltr on this forum. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to say, I am in Baltimore, MD I applied and used my address in Baltimore, so would mail the ltr by courier to him in Ghana.

HIS NO. HIS AF11XXX
So its really out. I applied for 8 people. For myself and 7 others including my brother. Am praying that i also win and more of the people I applied for also win. Seems like I am the first person to get this year's ltr on this forum. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Okorowaa! Congratulations to your brother and good luck to the rest of you. I am waiting patiently here in South Africa.

So, it appears that ppl applying from within the US will all start receiving their NL's now.

Good luck to all of us! :)

HIS NO. HIS AF11XXX

we are happy for your brother, that's good news :)

Wow, I am so happy for your brother okorowaa:)
I wonder if they are going to send it out in alphabetical order starting with Africa and so on, or not.
It is my first time and I can't wait to know the results. Good luck to everyone.:)