• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 winners from Nepal doing AOS or CP

simple man

Registered Users (C)
Just wanted to start a thread for Nepalese people. I am sure there are quite a few on this forum. I thiink it would be a good idea to share our knowledge and experience here.

Just wanted to start a thread for Nepalese people. I am sure there are quite a few on this forum. I thiink it would be a good idea to share our knowledge and experience here.

I am doing AOS. My CN AS28XXX. Thanks for starting this new thread.

I am doing AOS. My CN AS28XXX. Thanks for starting this new thread.

Hey Maila,
Call the surgeons and get their prices.
I am in school right now and my insurance did not cover anything. You should ask when you call to inquire about the prices.
Wish you all the luck.

Hey Maila,
Call the surgeons and get their prices.
I am in school right now and my insurance did not cover anything. You should ask when you call to inquire about the prices.
Wish you all the luck.

Thank you Simple man. I appreciate your help. Pls let me know which records you got from home and what else you had to take here.

this is just great !!! good job simple man .
i am a dv winner too now in usa on f1 status . i have decided to go for cp and my case number is 2010AS19XXX
When do u guys think will my number be current?

this is just great !!! good job simple man .
i am a dv winner too now in usa on f1 status . i have decided to go for cp and my case number is 2010AS19XXX
When do u guys think will my number be current?

For DV2009 your range was current in May and for DV2008 and it was current in August. But things seem to be different this year.
Where as for DV2009 only 2900 were current in October, for this year DV2010 it was 7000 in October.

So I am guessing your number might be current in April. Well it's just a guess. It may be earlier too. Let's just hope for the best.

I have a copy of my immunization certificate from home.

Hi Simpleman,

Thanks for the document. So, I assume you had to get it from hospital? I really don't remember when I got those shots and not sure how much of it is hassle to get those. I know getting stuff from home is not that easy if you don't know the people. May be I will stick with medical here.

I have a quick question: For example, if my case number will be available in December, do you think it will be good idea to send the AOS package to Chicago lock box on October? What I meant is: is it OK to send in the package when you see the cutoff number in visa bulletin which is normally available 2 months before CN becomes available?

Good luck with your finger printing stuff. Keep us posted.

BTW, what do you put in I-485: part 2 question?

Hi Simpleman,

Thanks for the document. So, I assume you had to get it from hospital? I really don't remember when I got those shots and not sure how much of it is hassle to get those. I know getting stuff from home is not that easy if you don't know the people. May be I will stick with medical here.

I have a quick question: For example, if my case number will be available in December, do you think it will be good idea to send the AOS package to Chicago lock box on October? What I meant is: is it OK to send in the package when you see the cutoff number in visa bulletin which is normally available 2 months before CN becomes available?

Good luck with your finger printing stuff. Keep us posted.

BTW, what do you put in I-485: part 2 question?

If you can get the medicals done here it is better. I had my dad go to the hospital and make my vaccination card. He said it did not take him any time. He knew the people there.
Regarding sending the AOS package early, it is upto you. As you might have read in another thread one person sent their AOS packet even though their case would be current in Nov. They got the notice of action.
If your case no is not very high then you might want to wait for the no to be current but if you think it is high then you might as well take the risk and send it early. Just my thought.
For I-485 part 2, I selected a for me and b for my spouse because I am the principal applicant.

HI. I m from ktm, I am doing CP. My CN AS28XXX. Thanks for starting this new thread.Guys! what do u think about this CN when this CN will be current ?

CN: 2010AS00028XXX
1st NL Dated:------- 28-05-2009
NL Rcvd: ----------- 01-07-2009
Sent to KCC:-------- 23-07-2009
Confirmed Delivery:- 27-07-2009 By Fedex
KCC Confirm Receipt:-18-08-2009
Awaiting 2nd letter:-

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can get the medicals done here it is better. I had my dad go to the hospital and make my vaccination card. He said it did not take him any time. He knew the people there.
Regarding sending the AOS package early, it is upto you. As you might have read in another thread one person sent their AOS packet even though their case would be current in Nov. They got the notice of action.
If your case no is not very high then you might want to wait for the no to be current but if you think it is high then you might as well take the risk and send it early. Just my thought.
For I-485 part 2, I selected a for me and b for my spouse because I am the principal applicant.

Hi Simple man,

Thanks. My CN is pretty high AS28XXX but still decided to do AOS because my wife is primary applicant and in F1 status. You never know what goes in CP. If anything goes wrong in CP then it will screw up her current F1 status due to intention to immigrate. So not sure how AOS is gonna play out. I hope our CN will be current may in May so will send our application when it shows cut off CN in march-april. Hope we will be OK looking at last years trend but you never know. I heard even with CN 30000 got visa with AOS.

I am glad you got NOA; good luck. I am sure everything will go just fine.

In I-485, I have got response from some people saying that we need to pick "h-others" option and write DV 2010 winner...so it is confusing which option is right one "a" or "others". But I assume you got NOA using option A, this should OK. I saw there are other supplementary forms of I-485; can you advice which goes supplementary forms goes with i-485.

Hi Simple man,

Thanks. My CN is pretty high AS28XXX but still decided to do AOS because my wife is primary applicant and in F1 status. You never know what goes in CP. If anything goes wrong in CP then it will screw up her current F1 status due to intention to immigrate. So not sure how AOS is gonna play out. I hope our CN will be current may in May so will send our application when it shows cut off CN in march-april. Hope we will be OK looking at last years trend but you never know. I heard even with CN 30000 got visa with AOS.

I am glad you got NOA; good luck. I am sure everything will go just fine.

In I-485, I have got response from some people saying that we need to pick "h-others" option and write DV 2010 winner...so it is confusing which option is right one "a" or "others". But I assume you got NOA using option A, this should OK. I saw there are other supplementary forms of I-485; can you advice which goes supplementary forms goes with i-485.

I think you should be fine doing AOS. I am pretty sure things will move faster this year. CP is risky for sure. If they reject then you are stuck in Nepal.
When you say supplementary forms are you talking about the advance payrole and the travel one? I-131 and I-765 are those forms and I filled those too. But since you will be current towards May there might be no point filling those forms.
Or did you mean the supporting documents? Let me know

HI. I m from ktm, I am doing CP. My CN AS28XXX. Thanks for starting this new thread.Guys! what do u think about this CN when this CN will be current ?

CN: 2010AS00028XXX
1st NL Dated:------- 28-05-2009
NL Rcvd: ----------- 01-07-2009
Sent to KCC:-------- 23-07-2009
Confirmed Delivery:- 27-07-2009 By Fedex
KCC Confirm Receipt:-18-08-2009
Awaiting 2nd letter:-

I am guessing May. You are doing CP so as soon as you get your 2nd letter you will be good. Keep your fingers crossed.

I think you should be fine doing AOS. I am pretty sure things will move faster this year. CP is risky for sure. If they reject then you are stuck in Nepal.
When you say supplementary forms are you talking about the advance payrole and the travel one? I-131 and I-765 are those forms and I filled those too. But since you will be current towards May there might be no point filling those forms.
Or did you mean the supporting documents? Let me know

well . i don't think that doing CP has any risk involved . firstly, if you do CP and in any case even if u get rejected, you do not get stuck in Nepal since you already have F1 visa and you can get back here any time until and unless your visa is not expired. And what i have seen is that people with high CN often choose to go with CP rather that AOS. But m pretty sure this year CN below 30000 should be called for an interview no matter s even if its CP or AOS.

well . i don't think that doing CP has any risk involved . firstly, if you do CP and in any case even if u get rejected, you do not get stuck in Nepal since you already have F1 visa and you can get back here any time until and unless your visa is not expired. And what i have seen is that people with high CN often choose to go with CP rather that AOS. But m pretty sure this year CN below 30000 should be called for an interview no matter s even if its CP or AOS.

Wrong info !

If you got a non-expired F1 and you go for CP, the F1 will be canceled BEFORE the interview. F1 s should go for a DV-CP only if you are really sure that you got an air-tight case!

Wrong info !

If you got a non-expired F1 and you go for CP, the F1 will be canceled BEFORE the interview. F1 s should go for a DV-CP only if you are really sure that you got an air-tight case!

That was what I thought too. If you decide to do CP then your F1 will be canceled and worst case if your are denied green card then you have no visa to get back to the country.

That was what I thought too. If you decide to do CP then your F1 will be canceled and worst case if your are denied green card then you have no visa to get back to the country.

I agree with Simple Man. If by chance you CP is screwed up and you are in F1 then good luck; you are in trouble. It does not matter whether you have valid F1 or not. I am not trying to scare anyone but it is truth. You have to know that the intent of F1 visa is no immigration and planned to return home. Once you file I-485 then it clearly shows that you are intending to immigrate which automatically puts you out of F1. I am on H1B and its intent is immigration but still I thought if immigration officer denies my visa then I am also screwed because there could be other reason which will prohibit entering US. I know it may not happen but we did not want to take that chance. But whoever chose CP I am sure you guys will be fine. Just make sure that you have all the documents you need and do not give them any chance to refuse. Good luck.

I agree with Simple Man. If by chance you CP is screwed up and you are in F1 then good luck; you are in trouble. It does not matter whether you have valid F1 or not. I am not trying to scare anyone but it is truth. You have to know that the intent of F1 visa is no immigration and planned to return home. Once you file I-485 then it clearly shows that you are intending to immigrate which automatically puts you out of F1. I am on H1B and its intent is immigration but still I thought if immigration officer denies my visa then I am also screwed because there could be other reason which will prohibit entering US. I know it may not happen but we did not want to take that chance. But whoever chose CP I am sure you guys will be fine. Just make sure that you have all the documents you need and do not give them any chance to refuse. Good luck.

r you guys 100% sure that i will lose my F1 status once i go for the interview in nepal. ??? i will have to consult a lawyer if you guys r 100% sure of it. please let me know if it's just a random guess.

r you guys 100% sure that i will lose my F1 status once i go for the interview in nepal. ??? i will have to consult a lawyer if you guys r 100% sure of it. please let me know if it's just a random guess.

I won't say 100% but I am very positive. As far as I know once you go to Nepal for CP interview your F1 status will be over and you might need a visa to get back. But to be on the safer side please do consult an expert. I think it would be advisable to get hold of a lawyer or do some research yourself.

I won't say 100% but I am very positive. As far as I know once you go to Nepal for CP interview your F1 status will be over and you might need a visa to get back. But to be on the safer side please do consult an expert. I think it would be advisable to get hold of a lawyer or do some research yourself.

I think I agree with Simple man. I am also in similar situation. My spouse who is in F1 status is the DV winner and I am in H1B; so why we decided to do AOS. But I have been reading alot about the status issue for F1 student after they file I-485. Our CN range in upper limit (AS 28XXX) so kind of confused and worried. Do you have any opinion Simple Man? Good luck for your interview. I am sure everything will go smooth.