• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 winners from Nepal doing AOS or CP

I think I agree with Simple man. I am also in similar situation. My spouse who is in F1 status is the DV winner and I am in H1B; so why we decided to do AOS. But I have been reading alot about the status issue for F1 student after they file I-485. Our CN range in upper limit (AS 28XXX) so kind of confused and worried. Do you have any opinion Simple Man? Good luck for your interview. I am sure everything will go smooth.

Yes your CN is pretty high but I am guessing that you will still be fine doing AOS. People have received their green card within 3 months of filing their AOS packet to Chicago. As long as you have your papers filled properly and hoping that the USCIS process everything on time you should be fine. Just my thought though. It all depends when you number becomes correct.

Hey guys

Thank you for starting the thread fro Nepal.

My CN is 25XXX and looking at the trend of the previous years it seems it will be current by March of April.

My concern is will they hang us in ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING. Even they do it how long does it last normally???

Looking for answer......

Interview Complete.

Hello friends,
I completed my interview today. I am doing AOS. I must say that the interview went smoothly. The officer did not ask many questions. He was basically verifying the information on the I-485 only.
He said our documents were all good but he did not approve our case right away. He was positive and I am positive that my case will be approved soon.
I will keep on updating my case.

Can someone in the United States get a Police Report from Kathmandu if they did not bring it with them?

Yes I got mine in August. I had my brother make mine from Kathmandu. The required documents were passport copy with the departure seal, Nagarikta and passport size photos.

Hello friends,
I completed my interview today. I am doing AOS. I must say that the interview went smoothly. The officer did not ask many questions. He was basically verifying the information on the I-485 only.
He said our documents were all good but he did not approve our case right away. He was positive and I am positive that my case will be approved soon.
I will keep on updating my case.

Hi Simple man,

Great news. I am sure you will be getting your GC soon. Enjoy !!

BTW, do we need police certificate from Nepal too? I have one when I entered Nepal and since then I am in US. Do you think my old one will work or I need to get new one?

Hi Simple man,

Great news. I am sure you will be getting your GC soon. Enjoy !!

BTW, do we need police certificate from Nepal too? I have one when I entered Nepal and since then I am in US. Do you think my old one will work or I need to get new one?

I had mine but it was really not necessary. Biometrics should take care of the police report. Take your old one and tell them you have not been out of the country since then. You should be just fine.
As for my GC I hope I get it soon.

I got my 1st letter for dv 2010 and my CN is AS259** . I am going for AOS. and i have also paid the $375 fee to department of state. And I have hired the lawer for the case, however , now i am feeling confused about this matter while reading the post in this form because my lawyer wants me to fill all the form and do the medical and mail the AOS package now. What she tells me is that that way its gonna be on queue and i will have better change to get my EAD card and travel document. How ever i learned that I cannot mail them all document till my case is current otherwise its gonna be send back. Looking at the case number and the visa bulletin for last yr, it seems like my number might get current by may. So can you guys suggest me what should I do. Go with my lawyer or do something else.
Suggestions will be highly appretiated.

January visa bulletin is out, but it does not seem so exciting. Mine is AS200xxx. Is it a high case number for Asia.

What is this:eek:the number current for feb 2010 is less than feb2009 ?????

for feb 2009 it was 11000 and this year is 10550!!!!
Seems like it high CN have no chance this year!!!