• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 winner from Indonesia please join here =)

st_kusuma

Registered Users (C)
First of all I want to congratulates all of you who won the DV2010 green card lottery. Please share your experience and knowledge on your process (either AOS or CP) to help other Indonesian like me :p

I hope we Indonesian can help each other and build a strong community in harmony here in US.
Thanks & regards,

st_kusuma

Hi, I am one of the 2010 DV Winner from Indonesia. My case number is 33XX. I haven't received my second NL yet, but I read on September visa bulletin that my number will be current in October. I have emailed KCC, asking the date of my interview but they said my forms haven't been processed :(

wow...
my number is 27XXX ... pretty bad huh...
did you proceed with Consular Processing or Adjustment Of Status?
keep us posted...

I am with CP, what about you? Are you here in Indonesia or in US? I don't think you need to worry about your case number since for the past 2 years all numbers from Asia was always current.

Hi, I am one of the 2010 DV Winner from Indonesia. My case number is 33XX. I haven't received my second NL yet, but I read on September visa bulletin that my number will be current in October. I have emailed KCC, asking the date of my interview but they said my forms haven't been processed :(
hi im dv 2010 selected,to erdos how do you know your cn can current in october( I mean how to read visa bulletin ).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi fellow DV2010 winner,

You can call KCC at telephone number 606-526-7500 and they will give you the date of your interview. I called them on Tuesday and they told me that my interview is scheduled for 5th October 2010. My case number is 2010-SA000001XX so I knew that I will be called for an interview on October. When you call you need to give them the following:

1) Your case number. This is the number you got in the notification letter
2) The principle applicant name
3) The principle applicant date of birth

Good Luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi fellow DV2010 winner,

You can call KCC at telephone number 606-526-7500 and they will give you the date of your interview. I called them on Tuesday and they told me that my interview is scheduled for 5th October 2010. My case number is 2010-SA000001XX so I knew that I will be called for an interview on October. When you call you need to give them the following:

Good Luck.

Thanks for the info buddy!
Cheers,

st_kusuma

hi im dv 2010 selected,to erdos how do you know your cn can current in october( I mean how to read visa bulletin ).

Here is the link to the current bulletin as of Aug 27, 2009:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4558.html

Go to section B: B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY
That is the limit for this month. Keep in mind the information that you read is for DV2009.
DV2010 will not start until the month after; which you can see on section C: C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

If your number lower or equal to the cut-off, then you can submit your AOS.
Once it says current; then everybody on that region regardless of the number can submit the forms.
Hope this help.

st_kusuma

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with CP, what about you? Are you here in Indonesia or in US? I don't think you need to worry about your case number since for the past 2 years all numbers from Asia was always current.

Hi Erdos,
I'm living in US but I'm going to proceed with CP.. so we are on the same boat :)
That is good to know ... I'm just worried about the interview etc...
Hey; have you start gathering the letter from the police? If yes, could you tell us how to get one?
Thanks a bunch,

st_kusuma

Here is the link to the current bulletin as of Aug 27, 2009:

Go to section B: B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY
That is the limit for this month. Keep in mind the information that you read is for DV2009.
DV2010 will not start until the month after; which you can see on section C: C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

If your number lower or equal to the cut-off, then you can submit your AOS.
Once it says current; then everybody on that region regardless of the number can submit the forms.
Hope this help.

st_kusuma

iya ini udah gw baca makanya gw bingung kok si erdos bilangnya dia udah current kan itu buat dv 2009 yg dv 2010 blum keluar.btw klo gw disini dikorea bikin police clearence gampang ckup dateng ke kantor polisi trus nunjukin id card kita.btw cn gw as00008*** mnurut lu gmana chance gw gde pa kecil?soalnya bru pertama kali ikut dv skarang ini and ternyata kepilih.aos? what is that?so after my number current what I must suppose to do?wait 2nl or contact to kcc to get interview schedule?

Last edited by a moderator:
iya ini udah gw baca makanya gw bingung kok si erdos bilangnya dia udah current kan itu buat dv 2009 yg dv 2010 blum keluar.btw klo gw disini dikorea bikin police clearence gampang ckup dateng ke kantor polisi trus nunjukin id card kita.btw cn gw as00008*** mnurut lu gmana chance gw gde pa kecil?soalnya bru pertama kali ikut dv skarang ini and ternyata kepilih.aos? what is that?so after my number current what I must suppose to do?wait 2nl or contact to kcc to get interview schedule?

Erdos: "I read on September visa bulletin that my number will be current in October."
It means that his number will be current on October. Which is correct because for Asia; the cut-off on October is 7000 while his number is 33XX.

8XXX is a good number; see the thread above, Erdos and I were discussing about it for a bit.

AOS is Adjustment of Status - only applicable for people who currently live in US. So I don't think you are eligible for this process.

From my understanding; here is what you need to do: Submit your package (DS-230 & DSP-122 forms) to the KCC; and then wait for the second NL (interview schedule). I would recommend you NOT to contact KCC to schedule the interview since it is specifically instructed in the first NL (the one that you received).

Hope this clarify your confusion.
Cheers,

st_kusuma

Hi fellow DV2010 winner,

Good Luck.

Thanks Invest. I don't know whether I should call or not since in the email they said my forms haven't been processed yet.

Erdos: I would recommend you NOT to contact KCC to schedule the interview since it is specifically instructed in the first NL (the one that you received).

Cheers,

st_kusuma

I read at DV 2009 forum, someone hadn't received the 2 NL but already being scheduled for interview. Luckily he asked KCC through email for the interview date and then they resent the 2 NL.

Hi Erdos,
I'm living in US but I'm going to proceed with CP.. so we are on the same boat :)
That is good to know ... I'm just worried about the interview etc...
Hey; have you start gathering the letter from the police? If yes, could you tell us how to get one?
Thanks a bunch,

st_kusuma

I haven't been to Indonesian police since their letter would be expired in 6 month. I will take care of this when I get my 2 NL. I heard that now the process is quite simple: get recommendation letter from RT, then RW, then bring it polres (don't forget to bring copy of birth sertificate, kartu keluarga, 3x4 photo) to get the police clearance. Then bring this to MABES Polri Jkt (with all the copies birth certificate etc + 3 3x4 photos and copy of passport as well). The letter will be ready the next day, both in Indonesian and English, and we don't have to pay anything. Indonesian police are better now. I never have to pay anything unless it is legal. However, I have asked police clearances from Australian and Canadian police since I had lived there more than 1 year. Got from the Australian, but not the Canadian yet (longer because they need to check the finger prints).

Where do you live in Indonesia?

cheers,
Erdos

Erdos: "I read on September visa bulletin that my number will be current in October."
It means that his number will be current on October. Which is correct because for Asia; the cut-off on October is 7000 while his number is 33XX.

8XXX is a good number; see the thread above, Erdos and I were discussing about it for a bit.

AOS is Adjustment of Status - only applicable for people who currently live in US. So I don't think you are eligible for this process.

From my understanding; here is what you need to do: Submit your package (DS-230 & DSP-122 forms) to the KCC; and then wait for the second NL (interview schedule). I would recommend you NOT to contact KCC to schedule the interview since it is specifically instructed in the first NL (the one that you received).

Cheers,

st_kusuma

to st_kusuma thanks for your opinion and advice,now I understand what I must do now (just wait until my number current).about erdos Im sorry coz I didnt read part C. advance notification. to erdos hope you want to share your experience in here after your number current. and I want to ask can kcc disqualify our case coz fill wrong answer at form ds 230?just that,hope you guys want to share your experience
thanks

I haven't been to Indonesian police since their letter would be expired in 6 month. I will take care of this when I get my 2 NL. I heard that now the process is quite simple: get recommendation letter from RT, then RW, then bring it polres (don't forget to bring copy of birth sertificate, kartu keluarga, 3x4 photo) to get the police clearance. Then bring this to MABES Polri Jkt (with all the copies birth certificate etc + 3 3x4 photos and copy of passport as well). The letter will be ready the next day, both in Indonesian and English, and we don't have to pay anything. Indonesian police are better now. I never have to pay anything unless it is legal. However, I have asked police clearances from Australian and Canadian police since I had lived there more than 1 year. Got from the Australian, but not the Canadian yet (longer because they need to check the finger prints).

Where do you live in Indonesia?

cheers,
Erdos

Wow... thanks for the detail information. I do live in Bandung; how about you? :)

Hi All,

Congrats to all of you! My wife is also one of the selected winner for the DV 2010. We are still waiting for the 2nd NL. Our case number is 47XX, we are currently in Jakarta so either way we are going to go through CP. Im still wondering if I should email or call KCC for the interview date or the 2nd NL. What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Robert

about erdos Im sorry coz I didnt read part C. advance notification. to erdos hope you want to share your experience in here after your number current. and I want to ask can kcc disqualify our case coz fill wrong answer at form ds 230?just that,hope you guys want to share your experience
thanks
Hi Kimseki, I'll share with ev;ry one whenever there is a development. In the mean time, why don't you refill your form ds 230 with the right answer and resend it to KCC, inform them that you correct some mistakes from the previous form?

cheers,
erdos