• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Open !!!

Dv-2010

Hello everyone, welcome to the DV-2010, I visited the official website and is not yet open, someone was able to enter?

greetings,

ntorres

The site is Open :) I finished my entry minutes ago.

If you are using Internet Explorer and when refreshing the web site displays that it is still closed you can go to the Menu in Tools -> Internet Options, on the Tab that's named General you can press the button for Delete Cookies and Delete Files, then go back to the website and refresh it.
I noticed that with Opera browser the page was Open when refreshing but not with Internet Explorer, so after deleting the Cookies and Files i was able to open the site with Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps and Good Luck to everyone ! :)

Well the one that doesn't contradict the red letter on the Photo Validator site hahahaha :D they just scared the crap out of me :D also i noticed that on the black and white drawing they have changed the size of the pixels 600x600 and also the size for the face 300 to w/e and the position of the eyes.
So i took mesurments in Photoshop and ofc i just had to use the Photo that was made according to the guide on the photo validator page :D
Well if that was the wrong one, and i end up without a Visa, i'm sure that if Gods will he will take me there one way or another.

My justification was that if someone took the time to look at the guide and change the numbers for the resolution of the image, and also write with red letters that failing the guide will result in failure for the Lottery, then the guide must be the right thing to follow o-o

Last edited by a moderator:
dv 2010

hi,I sent mine at about 2.47pm EDT.I think the website was not working until 1.30pm or 2pm ?anyone to confirm?
Will see how it goes this year after few unlucky years at the DV.

You have to click the 'Begin SSL Entry'. It looks like they have a coding error when you try to begin a standard Entry.

The site is Open :) I finished my entry minutes ago.

If you are using Internet Explorer and when refreshing the web site displays that it is still closed you can go to the Menu in Tools -> Internet Options, on the Tab that's named General you can press the button for Delete Cookies and Delete Files, then go back to the website and refresh it.
I noticed that with Opera browser the page was Open when refreshing but not with Internet Explorer, so after deleting the Cookies and Files i was able to open the site with Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps and Good Luck to everyone ! :)

Thanks livingwater. did exactly as you said and can now view the website. hopefully those still having problems viewing the site will see your post

DV-2010 It is running

Yes, it is running, thank you very much for the data ... I will now enter data for my fourth attempt, let's see what happens. I do not get new pictures, I'm using the same last year, just as in the photo studio he settled the issue of the pixels, and so on. I am tired of spending money .... let's see if I'm lucky this time .....

Yes, it is running, thank you very much for the data ... I will now enter data for my fourth attempt, let's see what happens. I do not get new pictures, I'm using the same last year, just as in the photo studio he settled the issue of the pixels, and so on. I am tired of spending money .... let's see if I'm lucky this time .....

You will need to check the instructions carefully as the picture requirements have changed. I think there is another thread discussing this, so please read this before you submit

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=287028

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you if someone is born in a country that is not eligible, but got naturalized in a country that is eligible, then can such person apply for DV? Or in orther words does it only go by your country of birth or can naturalized citizens of an eligible country apply for DV even if they were born in a different country not eligible for DV?

Hi everyone,

Lottery System have just accepted entry. Today is the first day of 60 days.
In my opinion, you should wait the second week to submit your form.
I will fill my form in 2nd week.
I would say the 1st week is still experiment of the system. errors are occurred in the first and last week of program.

Can be acceptable ?
This is my 4th year, hope that I win.

Do you if someone is born in a country that is not eligible, but got naturalized in a country that is eligible, then can such person apply for DV? Or in orther words does it only go by your country of birth or can naturalized citizens of an eligible country apply for DV even if they were born in a different country not eligible for DV?
You can be charged to your country of birth, country of birth of your spouse and in some rare cases to country of birth of your parent.

You can be charged to your country of citizenship only based on your citizenship only if you were born in US.

You can be charged to your country of birth, country of birth of your spouse and in some rare cases to country of birth of your parent.

You can be charged to your country of citizenship only based on your citizenship only if you were born in US.

Thanks. I understand the first part that is also there in the Diversity instructions. But didn't quite get what you meant by "only if you were born in US"? I was asking in the context of applying for DV lottery. If you were born in US why would you apply for DV lottery?

Wait a second week to submit your entry.

First and last week of Lottery System are errors and crash.

Anyone knows where to take customized pics in US for GC. Kinkos, UPS, or any other places?

If you were born in US why would you apply for DV lottery?
Mainly because of two reasons you could have US citizenship no more (or never):
1. You could have lost US citizenship (volunterely)
2. You could have been born in a family of a diplomat with diplomatic immunity which protected you from aquiring US citizenship at birth

There are some other possible reasons too.
For isntance, your could have been born in the US before 14th amendment was ratified (1865). That is only a theoretical possibility though.