• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Change In Point Of Entry.

Firstly,a big congrats to those who were successful in their interviews!
I would pls like to know d implication if I decide to land in another destination different from the one which is written on my brown envelope,which is to be given to the Immigration Officer.
For example,if I land in New York,whereas my final destination is New Jersey.
Pls house,enlighten me.
Thnks.

u can change ur address at the point of entry in USA when given the brown envelope to the immigration officer
make sure that the airline u booked is taking u to the new address which is ur final destination.
some food stuff will not be allowed to enter into the USA... u can find african foods to buy over here too.
safe trip

Hello people,
Please i need answers to these questions urgently,

1- is it possible for me to change where i am going to in the USA asides what i wrote in my DS230 forms after collecting my visa, i mean where i am gonna stay, please advice and lemme know the pros and cons. i filled illinois i my forms for AOS purposes, but now i wanna go to oregon, should i just change it at the airport when i fill my forms or what do i do

2- please i need someone to help me with how i can get cheap airlines to oregon,
3- please, i need to take along foods stuffs, pls house lemme now what is allowed.

Thank you so much, thesame God is still alive and He will do it for all that are yet awaiting interview or awaiting winning..we are taking over by favour. thanx

ur POT is any international airport the airline u board is gonna drop u and that is where u will drop the envelope too
eg new york is the closest international airport close to new jersey.... u will at NY and then u will be transfer to a connecting airline or the same plane can continue going to NJ.
good luck
Firstly,a big congrats to those who were successful in their interviews!
I would pls like to know d implication if I decide to land in another destination different from the one which is written on my brown envelope,which is to be given to the Immigration Officer.
For example,if I land in New York,whereas my final destination is New Jersey.
Pls house,enlighten me.
Thnks.

all they are just looking for, is a proof that ur marriage is not an arranged one and for ur information anyone that will interview MUST BE an american citizen... so the man that interview u and ur wife is a citizen so dont criticize him cos is black.
they will call can take a couples of month to vertify all the details about ur wedding. {it is called further process by administration} GOOD LUCK to u and ur wife
Hi forum mate, I have being following this thread for some time now and it has been of great help to me and my wife. We are one of the 2011 DV lucky winners and we have already gone for interview on the 16th December 2010, please I need your advice because after the interview on 16th
the C.O told me and wife to come back on 30th with pictures when we are still courting to proof we are married. So we went back with it on 30th but the Nigeria man we met this time question us base on our marriage issues not even looking at the pictures they requested for and finally said we should go that they will contact us through trunk(phone). Please I really need your advice because we have not received any call from them since the 30th of December 2010. Thank you for your prompt replies.

Dear Forumites,i need answers to the following questions:

1. Can one fill both EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE AS MEANS OF QUALIFICATION ON THE FORM TO BE FILLED ON THE DAY OF INTERVIEW?

2. DO WE REALLY NEED TO GO ALONG WITH THE 2ND NOTIFICATION LETTER FOR THE INTERVIEW?

Your immediate response will be appreciated.

Success to all of us in jesus name,AMEN.

hello house, please i will like to file for my wife but i will like u to assist me with some questions about DS230.
1. will i be the one to fill the form for her or she will fill her own by herself.
2. in her own form who is the petitioner and who is the applicant
3. who will be the one to sign the column of applicants signature
thank you as i need urgent advice concerning these questions

hello house, please i will like to file for my wife but i will like u to assist me with some questions about ds230.
1. Will i be the one to fill the form for her or she will fill her own by herself.
2. In her own form who is the petitioner and who is the applicant
3. Who will be the one to sign the column of applicants signature

1.the winner will fill her own form by herself
2.the petitioner is the original winner of the lottery
3.each person must sigh his or her own form

if i may ask,is ur wife in nigeria or where?

It is well in jesus name,amen.

yes u can filled in both the working exp and the education qual.
u need the 2 notification letter while going to the interview
good luck
Dear Forumites,i need answers to the following questions:

1. Can one fill both EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE AS MEANS OF QUALIFICATION ON THE FORM TO BE FILLED ON THE DAY OF INTERVIEW?

2. DO WE REALLY NEED TO GO ALONG WITH THE 2ND NOTIFICATION LETTER FOR THE INTERVIEW?

Your immediate response will be appreciated.

Success to all of us in jesus name,AMEN.

what matters is that the information who so ever is filling the form should be the same thing with what your document is having and it should be signed by individual of you.
u dont need to put in anything in the petition cause u are not using a lawyer
good luck
hello house, please i will like to file for my wife but i will like u to assist me with some questions about DS230.
1. will i be the one to fill the form for her or she will fill her own by herself.
2. in her own form who is the petitioner and who is the applicant
3. who will be the one to sign the column of applicants signature

yes u can filled in both the working exp and the education qual.
u need the 2 notification letter while going to the interview
good luck

Thanks for the contribution.

Please,what is the difference between if i use only Education as a means of qualification and if i use both Education and Work Experience as means of qualification?

If one uses Work experience does that mean that the person will be given direct employment when get to the USA or what does it mean?

The good Lord that was,his and forevermore will continue to be with us on this forum and fulfill our heart desires in jesus name,AMEN.

We shall all succeed in jeus name,AMEN.

Hello my people....longest time, im sure God is still doing His work in the lifes of the forumites...i pray for all those waiting that He will perfect all that He has started....God will complete His works in Jesus Name.
Well, my testimony continues, i got my visa eventually, left the country the second day after collection, got to USA a day after i left , and to the Glory of God, my wife Delivered a baby a day after we got into USA,no complication, no immigration issues all the way from Naija till we got in, no injection, no labour inducement, everything was just like a dream, BABA God dey hear prayers oooo, i pray the child shoul not come until we get to america, and God did it, my baby is so bouncing and very fine, no incubator, no wahala atall... this God don finish me, cos right now i am looking for a better way of thanking Him, saying THANK YOU TO GOD is an understatement....He has perfected all that i asked for, and i'm sure He will give me this land to possess IN JESUS NAME.....i'm just getting started to start living ma life, i have been busy with baby and mama...but now USABOY needs to start the USA JOURNEY...GOD MAKE A WAY FOR ME AND EVERYONE IN THIS FORUME...God bless you all.

@ usaboy. God has already perfected all that concerns you, they will just be manifesting one after the other. Congrats once again and God bless!

hello my people....longest time, im sure god is still doing his work in the lifes of the forumites...i pray for all those waiting that he will perfect all that he has started....god will complete his works in jesus name.
Well, my testimony continues, i got my visa eventually, left the country the second day after collection, got to usa a day after i left , and to the glory of god, my wife delivered a baby a day after we got into usa,no complication, no immigration issues all the way from naija till we got in, no injection, no labour inducement, everything was just like a dream, baba god dey hear prayers oooo, i pray the child shoul not come until we get to america, and god did it, my baby is so bouncing and very fine, no incubator, no wahala atall... This god don finish me, cos right now i am looking for a better way of thanking him, saying thank you to god is an understatement....he has perfected all that i asked for, and i'm sure he will give me this land to possess in jesus name.....i'm just getting started to start living ma life, i have been busy with baby and mama...but now usaboy needs to start the usa journey...god make a way for me and everyone in this forume...god bless you all.

congratulations usaboy,

the good lord that perfect all that concerns u will never stop doing good things in our life on this forum.

We shall all testify to the goodness of god on this forum,amen!!!!!!!!

Dear ALL,

Please,what is the difference between if i use only Education as a means of qualification and if i use both Education and Work Experience as means of qualification?

If one uses Work experience does that mean that the person will be given direct employment when get to the USA or what does it mean?

The good Lord that was,his and forevermore will continue to be with us on this forum and fulfill our heart desires in jesus name,AMEN.

We shall all succeed in jesus name,AMEN.

Dear ALL,

Pls, (1) do i need to go with my school transcript (UNIVERSITY) on interview day? Thou I already have my Original Certificate

(2) If i must go with the Transcript,do i need to inform my school that the Transcript should be addressed to the USA EMBASSY or just the Transcript?

We shall all testify to the goodness of GOD on this forum,AMEN!!!!

Hello house, i seem to have a problem and i need a fast reply plz, i want to change my interview location to UAE because i will be staying there for the next 12months, and i called KCC yesterday and they told me yes it's possible to do so but they asked me to send them an email requesting that, so what do you guys think should i send them an email or should i not ? Cuz i'm worried that it might effect my interview date or delay it, and i have to leave where i'm staying at ryt now by april and it's going to be hard for me to come back here if ever i will be current by august or september ...Plz enlighten me regarding this issue based on your experience or anybody's u know who encountered the same issue, any answer will be deeply appreciated ... Thank you

Hello house, i seem to have a problem and i need a fast reply plz, i want to change my interview location to UAE because i will be staying there for the next 12months, and i called KCC yesterday and they told me yes it's possible to do so but they asked me to send them an email requesting that, so what do you guys think should i send them an email or should i not ? Cuz i'm worried that it might effect my interview date or delay it, and i have to leave where i'm staying at ryt now by april and it's going to be hard for me to come back here if ever i will be current by august or september ...Plz enlighten me regarding this issue based on your experience or anybody's u know who encountered the same issue, any answer will be deeply appreciated ... Thank you

Hello bro, i dont think changing your addresse will cause any delay in you process. On the 1st of march i emailed KCC with details about a major correction i wanted to make on my form which was taken to account and on the 8th thats 2 days ago i wrote KCC asking for my interview date and they gave my interview date. I will advise you to go ahead with the change of addresse its of no consequence.

Hello bro, i dont think changing your addresse will cause any delay in you process. On the 1st of march i emailed KCC with details about a major correction i wanted to make on my form which was taken to account and on the 8th thats 2 days ago i wrote KCC asking for my interview date and they gave my interview date. I will advise you to go ahead with the change of addresse its of no consequence.

Thanks for the respond i do really appreciate it, and yes i already sent KCC an email and just waiting for their respond, Good luck with ur interview and by god's willing the visa is all yours ... Bless

GREAT FORUM GREAT.....I HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL YOUR QUESTIONS AND WORRIES. I WANT TO ASSURE YOU THAT YOUR QUESTIONS AND WORRIES ARE MINOR AS FAR AS THIS FORUM IS CONCERN. BAMMYRICHE WILL GIVE YOU WHAT HE HAS FOR YOU , AND OTHERS WILL WILL GIVE YOU THEIRS TOO. EVERY MEMBER OF THIS FORUM HAS ALWAYS BEEN A SUCCESSFUL . I WILL ADVICE YOU TO KEEP READING POST, MOSTLY FROM THE BEGINNING SO THAT YOU WILL SEE SIMILAR ISSUES , THEN YOU CAN HELP YOURSELF FROM THERE.
BELOW IS APRIL BULLETIN
A. STATUTORY NUMBERS

1. This bulletin summarizes the availability of immigrant numbers during April. Consular officers are required to report to the Department of State documentarily qualified applicants for numerically limited visas; the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security reports applicants for adjustment of status. Allocations were made, to the extent possible under the numerical limitations, for the demand received by March 8th in the chronological order of the reported priority dates. If the demand could not be satisfied within the statutory or regulatory limits, the category or foreign state in which demand was excessive was deemed oversubscribed. The cut-off date for an oversubscribed category is the priority date of the first applicant who could not be reached within the numerical limits. Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number. Immediately that it becomes necessary during the monthly allocation process to retrogress a cut-off date, supplemental requests for numbers will be honored only if the priority date falls within the new cut-off date which has been announced in this bulletin.

2. Section 201 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sets an annual minimum family-sponsored preference limit of 226,000. The worldwide level for annual employment-based preference immigrants is at least 140,000. Section 202 prescribes that the per-country limit for preference immigrants is set at 7% of the total annual family-sponsored and employment-based preference limits, i.e., 25,620. The dependent area limit is set at 2%, or 7,320.

3. Section 203 of the INA prescribes preference classes for allotment of immigrant visas as follows:

FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES

First: (F1) Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.

Second: Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent
Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, and any unused first preference numbers:

A. (F2A) Spouses and Children: 77% of the overall second preference limitation,
of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;

B. (F2B) Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older): 23% of the overall second preference limitation.

Third: (F3) Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences.

Fourth: (F4) Brothers and Sisters of Adult Citizens: 65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences.

EMPLOYMENT-BASED PREFERENCES

First: Priority Workers: 28.6% of the worldwide employment-based preference level, plus any numbers not required for fourth and fifth preferences.

Second: Members of the Professions Holding Advanced Degrees or Persons of Exceptional Ability: 28.6% of the worldwide employment-based preference level, plus any numbers not required by first preference.

Third: Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers: 28.6% of the worldwide level, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences, not more than 10,000 of which to "Other Workers".

Fourth: Certain Special Immigrants: 7.1% of the worldwide level.

Fifth: Employment Creation: 7.1% of the worldwide level, not less than 3,000 of which reserved for investors in a targeted rural or high-unemployment area, and 3,000 set aside for investors in regional centers by Sec. 610 of P.L. 102-395.

4. INA Section 203(e) provides that family-sponsored and employment-based preference visas be issued to eligible immigrants in the order in which a petition in behalf of each has been filed. Section 203(d) provides that spouses and children of preference immigrants are entitled to the same status, and the same order of consideration, if accompanying or following to join the principal. The visa prorating provisions of Section 202(e) apply to allocations for a foreign state or dependent area when visa demand exceeds the per-country limit. These provisions apply at present to the following oversubscribed chargeability areas: CHINA-mainland born, INDIA, MEXICO, and PHILIPPINES.

5. On the chart below, the listing of a date for any class indicates that the class is oversubscribed (see paragraph 1); "C" means current, i.e., numbers are available for all qualified applicants; and "U" means unavailable, i.e., no numbers are available. (NOTE: Numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date listed below.)

Family- Sponsored All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed CHINA-mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES
F1 01MAY04 01MAY04 01MAY04 15FEB93 01APR95
F2A 01APR07 01APR07 01APR07 01JUL06 01APR07
F2B 15APR03 15APR03 15APR03 15JUL92 01DEC99
F3 15MAR01 15MAR01 15MAR01 08NOV92 01JAN92
F4 01FEB00 01JAN00 01FEB00 01FEB96 08MAR88
*NOTE: For April, F2A numbers EXEMPT from per-country limit are available to applicants from all countries with priority dates earlier than 01JUL06. F2A numbers SUBJECT to per-country limit are available to applicants chargeable to all countries EXCEPT MEXICO with priority dates beginning 01JUL06 and earlier than 01APR07. (All F2A numbers provided for MEXICO are exempt from the per-country limit; there are no F2A numbers for MEXICO subject to per-country limit.)

Employment- Based
All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed

CHINA- mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES
1st C C C C C
2nd C 22JUL06 08MAY06 C C
3rd 22JUL05 01MAR04 08APR02 08MAY04 22JUL05
Other Workers 22JUL03 22APR03 08APR02 22JUL03 22JUL03
4th C C C C C
Certain Religious Workers C C C C C
5th C C C C C
Targeted Employment Areas/ Regional Centers C C C C C
5th Pilot Programs C C C C C
The Department of State has available a recorded message with visa availability information which can be heard at: (area code 202) 663-1541. This recording will be updated in the middle of each month with information on cut-off dates for the following month.

Employment Third Preference Other Workers Category: Section 203(e) of the NACARA, as amended by Section 1(e) of Pub. L. 105-139, provides that once the Employment Third Preference Other Worker (EW) cut-off date has reached the priority date of the latest EW petition approved prior to November 19, 1997, the 10,000 EW numbers available for a fiscal year are to be reduced by up to 5,000 annually beginning in the following fiscal year. This reduction is to be made for as long as necessary to offset adjustments under the NACARA program. Since the EW cut-off date reached November 19, 1997 during Fiscal Year 2001, the reduction in the EW annual limit to 5,000 began in Fiscal Year 2002.

B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY

Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides a maximum of up to 55,000 immigrant visas each fiscal year to permit immigration opportunities for persons from countries other than the principal sources of current immigration to the United States. The Nicaraguan and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) passed by Congress in November 1997 stipulates that beginning with DV-99, and for as long as necessary, up to 5,000 of the 55,000 annually-allocated diversity visas will be made available for use under the NACARA program. This reduction has resulted in the DV-2011 annual limit being reduced to 50,000. DV visas are divided among six geographic regions. No one country can receive more than seven percent of the available diversity visas in any one year.

For April, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 35,450 Except: Egypt 27,600
Ethiopia 22,150
Nigeria 14,100
ASIA 19,250 Except:Bangladesh 18,350
EUROPE 23,200
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 8
OCEANIA 1,000
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,075

Entitlement to immigrant status in the DV category lasts only through the end of the fiscal (visa) year for which the applicant is selected in the lottery. The year of entitlement for all applicants registered for the DV-2011 program ends as of September 30, 2011. DV visas may not be issued to DV-2011 applicants after that date. Similarly, spouses and children accompanying or following to join DV-2011 principals are only entitled to derivative DV status until September 30, 2011. DV visa availability through the very end of FY-2011 cannot be taken for granted. Numbers could be exhausted prior to September 30.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN MAY

For May, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 42,000
Except: Egypt 31,200
Ethiopia 26,200
Nigeria 15,450

ASIA 23,500
EUROPE 27,800
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 12
OCEANIA 1,175
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,150
D. RETROGRESSION OF FAMILY PREFERENCE CUT-OFF DATES

Continued heavy applicant demand for numbers in the Family First (F1) preference category has required the retrogression of the Worldwide, China-mainland born, and India cut-off date for the month of April.

Further retrogressions cannot be ruled out should demand continue at the current levels for some categories and countries.

E. OBTAINING THE MONTHLY VISA BULLETIN

Great news....thank you lord jesus christ. To you alone be the glory.

hello everyone,good mrng, i pray that the miracle god did for me and my wife, he will also do for u.
I had my interview on tuesday 25th january, and god just took over, in such a way that till now, i still feel like waking up from my dreams..pls read my story and let it chnage your faith: I got married somtimes in 2009, and i decided i wish my wife could go amd give birth in america, so we decided to wait, take time to plan how we can get an american visa before we even start trying to get pregnant, we both applied to ireland for a visa to go on honey moon after our wedding, the visa was denied, after the weddding, we re applied, the visa was denied again... I just told my wife i won't apply anywhere again, we went to switzerland embassy to apply, they wouldn even take our forms, so i got tired and i decided not to apply again, all this while we still haven't tried to get her pregnant, she got tired as a woman and said she just want to get pregnant by all means,so early 2010 she got pregnant 6months after our wedding, she was happy but within me , i said i still want my kids to be americans, so i got in touch with a friend in america, an old skool friend, my friends ex-girlfriend, and i told her if she can help me get a letter of invitation for my alone this time, cos my wife has visas on her passport before all this time, so i guess its my bad luck that was giving her that all the ireland refusals, before. My friend could get back to me, my wife was sent abroad again from her office for training, when she got back, she just applied for uk visa on her own and she was giving the visa.

In may 2011, my friend in america got back to me that her aunt was ready to send the invitation to us but for my wife alone, so i had to beg the aunty, called her severally and send several mail trying to convince her of what our intentions are and how much i need my wife to come to the usa for child birth, later the aunty sent me a mail back to give her my wifes details, so she could send the invitation letter in her name, so i got home and told my wife, she was happy, thinkin that with french visa and uk on her passport already, the invitation letters from usa will work, all this while, i never knew my papagod has a better plan, 3 days after my firends aunty email, we finished our prayers in the mrng as usual, and some one knocked the door, i opened and it was my landlord house girl, she said i got a letter yesterday, and she gave me, to my greatest surprise it was visa lottery winner notification.... People, i was madly happy, i have never won a lottery before , not even a free drink, my wife has won things before, so when we applied for visa lottery, i made sure she was always applying in places like jonathan king where the fee is like 1500, i did my own in one mall shop with 500 naira, people na me win the visa lottery oooooooooo, i bought america with just 500 naira...this god na my god, when i told the american aunty and my friend they were shocked and didn't blive , so i told the aunty no more invitation letter again, na affidavit of support i want now..."+"""lollllllllll

now my interview experience: We got there around 5am for 7 o'clock interview, i couldn't sleep a day before and was just praisin god for the visa already, they called us in and we after all the paparazi we were waiting for our interview, then a guy called our no, and before then thesame guy refused a woman and her kid, but when thatsame guy called us, i was paranoid, we went andthe below transpired:
Co: Sign ur forms,
usaboy: We signed
co: Do ur thumprint
usaboy:we did
co: Oh ur wife is heavy, pls madam ur husband is the principal winner go and have ur seat
usaboy: My wife went to sit down with her heavy stomach
co:where did u do u nyscand what did u do
usaboy: Answer
co:was the project complete or not
usaboy:answered
co:what do u now
co:when did u get married
co: U mean 2008
usaboy:no 09
co:what's ur dob
co: Can ur wife still travel with dis stomach
usaboy:yes
co: Ok wait, he went and said pick the visas next week
usaboy: Should i call my wife to come
co: Don't worry, i don't need to interview again
usaboy:thank

people...my wife wasn't asked a single question apart from her thumprint and swearing, my interview was just 1minute 45seconds. That is how we became an american citizen in less than two minutes,no affidavit of support, no pictures, nothing atall.....god said i will go before u and make ur path straight, i'm taking over by favour.....my god na elele....i beg make una help mepraise god......