• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Am thinking of sending an e-mail to KCC concerning my change of middle name with the attachment of the required doc backing the change of name. I hope that with will not delay the process that is shifting the period of my being current. cos I used my new middle name but some of my docs still bear my old middle name. somebody should pls help with a response. Cos i want them to be aware b4 it raised at the point of interview.

Thanks

You can mail kcc about your new change of middle name,write them and also attached those document along with it.I think this is not a problem at all ,they will update your case and keep it inside your file. You may be asked about it on the day of your interview,what you have to do is just to explain your self.

pick,
congratulation pick pls share your interview experience with us. Thank God for what he has started he will perfect all that concerns us

my brothers and sisters in this wonderful forum,myself and my husband had a very simple and a successful interview yesterday.i want to thank everyone in this forum that contributed to our success.all the 2011 dv, do not worry god will do it for all of you.just go there and collect your visa.we were not ask too much question,because that is what we told god.i want to use this opportunity to tell you guys to sow a seed for your visa, because it works.my husband was interviewed by a white consular officer, i was not ask any question at all.my husband was the principal applicant,he played as single, we got married before he was notified that he won the lottery.the interview question goes like this
co-swear that you will say the true
hus & wife-we do promise to say the true
i was ask to go and sit down.
Co- what is your name
husband-replied
co-when and were did you get married, describe the place.
Husband-replied

co- how was medicine and surgery run in your school, my husband is a medical doctor.
Husband-replied
co- have you witness any surgical case in the hospital,
husband-replied,he started giving lecture.
Co-do you have wedding pics and courtship pics
husband-replied,yes,he showed him
co-i wish you all the best in america
husband-thank you. I was not ask any question, all the dv and iv immigrant that were interviewed before us were all successful.

congratulatios and welcome to america

Thanks to everybody that has wish us well in life,God is going to favour you all.It is well with your interview.the consular officer does not have choice than to give you your visa.

Mr ayoblack thank you,how is your family,and how is new york?,when am ready to come i will let you know so that we can connect.I hope if i change my address at the POE,i will not have any problem,because my former sponsor is behaving funny,so my friend is ready to help me,she is in newyork,brooklyn.
Please can you give me the details of flight ticket prices to new york,i mean direct flight to new york city.how can one book for flight and after booking how can one avoid missing of flight because i learnt that most people often miss their flight because of inability to check in on time at the airport.please i really need advise on how to go about all these . Thank you.

We're doing fine. New York is there o, the place is like lagos. Some pple call it america-lagos. There is not going to be any problem if u change ur address at the POE. I did the same thing and I did not have any problem. Just that I got my green card a little bit late (Close to 2 months) and I was told that the officer that attended to me at the point of entry didnt hand in my brown envelope on time. He handed the envelope in after like 6 weeks that I came in.
I did not come with direct flight, I came on Emirates Airways and the journey took like 24hrs to get to america. The direct flight that I know are Arik Air and Delta Airways. U can check for Arik at www.arikair.com. It is always cheaper if u book the ticket earlier b4 the time u will travel, the earlier u book it the cheaper.
About checking in at the airport, just make sure u get there on time. Most check in always close about an hour or two before boarding time. If ur flight is schedule for like say 10am, make sure u get there latest by 8;30am.
Let me know when u're ready to come. My wife and baby are coming next month. U can connect me thru emmanuelfatukasi@yahoo.co.uk if u have any more questions to ask me.
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Helo forumites, pls i need ur response asap. I want to knw if its very compulsory to have d affidavit of support for d interview

House sorry 4 d late response,i hv bn busy,...i wish everybody goin 4 interview success IJN...My interview was like a brief chat about my self,This how it went
Co..Swear to tell the truth
Me...blah blah
co...What is ur name?
Me..Bla blah blah
Co..Ur date of bith?
Me...Blah blah
Co...Single or married?
me...Blah blah
Co..ur highest qualification?
Me..Blah Blah
Co..Tell me About it
Me..Blah blah Blah Blah
Co..Names of ur course
Me..blah blah blah
Co..Y did yu choose d course
Me..Blah blah blah
Co..Wen did yu finish Secondary skul
Me..Blah blah
Co..Wen did i finish university
Me..Blah blah
Co..Did yu write any project
Me..Blah
Co..what is d topic
ME..Blah Blah
Co..HW did yu go abt ur research
Me..Blah Balh Blah blah blah
Co..Who do yu have there
Me..Blah
co..What do yu do
Me..Blah Blah
Co..she started typin sumtin on d system,and she gave me a sheet wit a yellow tag stapled on it and ask me nt to book my flight until i collect my visa,and she said congrats

I dont knw y dey ask ppl nt to book and make any change of life
Is it that the visa is not yet sure or what?

Don't worry, God will perfect what he has started at His own right time. Somebody said it could be as a result of the bomb blast, but I don't believe that though. we will likely be current the same month.

It is well.

its well bola, bomb blast has nothing to do with dis. God is in control.

Congrats pick

Thank you LORD.Had a successful interview on the 5th of Oct. GOD that did it for me will do it for all awaiting interview.

Pick i can see u ar new in the forum, i'm so happy dat u had a successful interview, may God's name be praise. Pls kindly tell us ur interview experience, as in, the questions u were ask and ur observations there. Thank 4 sharing the good news with us.

I was there on friday, it is at Babs Animashaun beside NYSC secretariat opposite Rita Loria Hotel. It is going to cost you like =N=2,500, and the requirements are:
Affidavit (photocopy and the original)
2 passport photographs
photocopy of international passport
typed application (they will do that for you)

Hi Bola,
Thanks for ur reply.Pls how long does it take for it to be ready?

My brothers and sisters in this wonderful forum,myself and my husband had a very simple and a successful interview yesterday.I want to thank everyone in this forum that contributed to our success.All the 2011 dv, do not worry God will do it for all of you.Just go there and collect your visa.We were not ask too much question,because that is what we told God.i want to use this opportunity to tell you guys to sow a seed for your visa, because it works.My husband was interviewed by a white consular officer, i was not ask any question at all.my husband was the principal applicant,he played as single, we got married before he was notified that he won the lottery.the interview question goes like this
CO-swear that you will say the true
Hus & wife-we do promise to say the true
I was ask to go and sit down.
CO- what is your name
Husband-replied
CO-when and were did you get married, describe the place.
Husband-replied

CO- how was medicine and surgery run in your school, My husband is a medical doctor.
Husband-replied
CO- have you witness any surgical case in the hospital,
Husband-replied,he started giving lecture.
CO-do you have wedding pics and courtship pics
Husband-replied,yes,he showed him
CO-i wish you all the best in america
Husband-thank you. i was not ask any question, all the dv and iv immigrant that were interviewed before us were all successful.

Congratulationsssss my sister, say me well to your husband.

Welcome to America.

One love

My brother relax! Remember all things work together for our good.
Congrats to those current in december.

It is well.

for december, immigrant numbers in the dv category are available to qualified dv-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with dv regional lottery rank numbers below the specified allocation cut-off number:

region.........all dv chargeability areas except those listed separately
africa..................................................15,650
except:
Egypt....................................................12,600
ethiopia.................................................12,250
nigeria...................................................10,850
asia......................................................11,600
europe..................................................13,600
north america (bahamas)..............................4
oceania.....................................................700
south america, and the caribbean...............675

God001,
that was a beautiful interview oh. i wonder y they tell pple not to make any change in life until they get their visa.
congratulations

hello shakkyt,
nigerians dont need affidavit of support it its not compulsory expect i rare case where you can defend yourself

hello everyone,
am wishing everyone going for interview this month God's guidances and favour may they all come back with a
success story.God who has began this good work in our life will perfect it

House sorry 4 d late response,i hv bn busy,...i wish everybody goin 4 interview success IJN...My interview was like a brief chat about my self,This how it went
Co..Swear to tell the truth
Me...blah blah
co...What is ur name?
Me..Bla blah blah
Co..Ur date of bith?
Me...Blah blah
Co...Single or married?
me...Blah blah
Co..ur highest qualification?
Me..Blah Blah
Co..Tell me About it
Me..Blah blah Blah Blah
Co..Names of ur course
Me..blah blah blah
Co..Y did yu choose d course
Me..Blah blah blah
Co..Wen did yu finish Secondary skul
Me..Blah blah
Co..Wen did i finish university
Me..Blah blah
Co..Did yu write any project
Me..Blah
Co..what is d topic
ME..Blah Blah
Co..HW did yu go abt ur research
Me..Blah Balh Blah blah blah
Co..Who do yu have there
Me..Blah
co..What do yu do
Me..Blah Blah
Co..she started typin sumtin on d system,and she gave me a sheet wit a yellow tag stapled on it and ask me nt to book my flight until i collect my visa,and she said congrats

I dont knw y dey ask ppl nt to book and make any change of life
Is it that the visa is not yet sure or what?

Congrats!In case there mistakes, u don't have to worry about them on ur air ticket. There could error while stamping the visa on ur passport. Erros of names or some codings.