• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Alleged Nigeria terrorist Umar Farouk Abdulmutall tries to explode Northwest Airlines 253 to Detroit

An Al Qaeda-linked terrorist attempted to blow up a packed commercial jet over Detroit on Friday, but was tackled by heroic passengers as he tried to explode the bomb, officials said.

Nigerian extremist Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, was subdued immediately aboard Northwest Flight 253 - carrying 278 passengers and 11 crew members - minutes before the plane landed, officials said.

A White House official called the incident "an attempted act of terrorism" and said President Obama was monitoring events.

"It was a fairly sophisticated device," Rep. Pete King (R-L.I.) told the Daily News after counterterrorism officials briefed him. "If it would have worked, he could have brought the plane down."

Obama immediately ordered security tightened at airports across the nation, raising travelers' fears on one of the busiest days of the year.

Abdulmutallab, who suffered third-degree burns, told authorities he got the explosives in Yemen and received orders from Al Qaeda operatives to detonate the device aboard a plane over U.S. soil, officials said.

The suspect, reportedly an engineering student at University College of London, said he had explosive powder taped to his leg.

He confessed to trying to use a chemical-filled syringe designed to ignite the powder, ABC News reported.

King called the explosive "a new device."

"The subject is claiming to have extremist affiliation and that the device was acquired in Yemen along with instructions as to when it should be used," a federal bulletin warned.

King said Abdulmutallab was not on a no-fly list, but was known to have terrorist connections in northern Africa - a hotbed of militant activity.

"He's part of a terrorist nexus," King said.

Officials said Abdulmutallab was traveling one way, without a return ticket. He boarded the Airbus 330 in Amsterdam after transferring from another flight out of Lagos, Nigeria. The flight then continued to Detroit.

Passengers said the frightening incident lasted only a few, chaotic minutes.

Several said they heard a loud popping noise, smelled smoke and then spotted flames leaping from the man's lap.

"It was higher than the seat," Stephanie van Herk, 22, told The Wall Street Journal.

Pandemonium ensued as crew members tried to douse the suspect with water.

Passenger Syed Jafry said that's when a burly man jumped over several seats and tackled the blood-thirsty extremist.

"He took him under his arm and got hold of his neck and then other people helped him," Jafry, who was sitting three rows behind the suspect, told Fox News. "He handled it very well."

"It was terrifying," Richelle Keepman told CNN. "We all thought we weren't going to land, we weren't going to make it."

Once the severely burned terrorist was subdued, he was dragged to the front of the plane and restrained there until the jet landed a few minutes later.

A passenger sitting nearby said the man, his legs charred and his pants cut off, appeared eerily calm.

"He didn't show any reaction to pain or to any feeling of shock or nervousness," said Melinda Dennis. "He just looked like a normal individual."

The heroic passenger was taken to the University of Michigan Medical Center and was still hospitalized Friday night. The extent of his injuries was not revealed. The suspect was being treated at the same hospital under heavy guard and was expected to survive, officials said.

Obama spoke by conference call with national security advisers and then he "instructed that all appropriate measures be taken to increase security for air travel," White House spokesman Bill Burton said in a statement.

Authorities on Friday night were investigating how Abdulmutallab got on the plane with explosives.

The Homeland Security Department said passengers may see additional screening measures on all flights because of the incident.

"We encourage those with future travel plans to stay in touch with their airline and to visit www.tsa.gov for updates," the department said.

Ferdii,
Pls lets not allow the bomber story bother us because in this forum God leads and we just obey and follow Him.
He has decreed it that we shall all be successful in our interviews and the gates of denial will not prevail against it.

@phluck, The post of the bomber is just to create a form of awareness. Right now, the US has tightened her security borders and that initiative will start from visa issuance. We pray it doesn't affect peace seekers like the members of this great thread.

Be more prayerful guys. Merry Xmas and Happy New year in advance

@phluck, The post of the bomber is just to create a form of awareness. Right now, the US has tightened her security borders and that initiative will start from visa issuance. We pray it doesn't affect peace seekers like the members of this great thread.

Be more prayerful guys. Merry Xmas and Happy New year in advance

Petit,
Yeah all we need is really more prayers and I know by the grace of God we carry is mercies upon us and when we finally go for our interview the cant help but favour us.

With this recent incident, I think we all going for interviews next month should be very very prepare and get everything we need really. Tightening of securities include visa insurance,I want us to know that the road may be rocky, but God is the steadfast Rock we can hold onto. Let's trust Him to teach us cause a thousand may fall on our side and ten thousand on our right hand but it shall not come near us. Almighty God is with us in this forum and He will do it for everyone of us.

Na waaoooo 4 dis terrorist issue i read that is father is the formal chairman of 1st bank and he has been call upon by the sss to come and xplain more he said he has reported d case to us embarsy not to give his son a visa well me am really scare cos my interview is 1st week of january pls house if u know any one that wiil be going 4 interview 4fm monday to thusday pls try to let us know how d interviwew will go so that we can know wat next to do i realy praying that dis will not afect those of us current 4 january

Yes, prayers prayers prayers prayers will open doors for us, so let's not relent. God will conclude the work he started.

Na waaoooo 4 dis terrorist issue i read that is father is the formal chairman of 1st bank and he has been call upon by the sss to come and xplain more he said he has reported d case to us embarsy not to give his son a visa well me am really scare cos my interview is 1st week of january pls house if u know any one that wiil be going 4 interview 4fm monday to thusday pls try to let us know how d interviwew will go so that we can know wat next to do i realy praying that dis will not afect those of us current 4 january

Bros relax.Do not be tensed.I dont really see it affecting dv winners.My only fear is that they dont start delaying the issuance of visa by placing people on administrative processing for background checks and all that.But with God on our side i think there should be no cause for alarm.Just relax and be prayerful.

Bros relax.Do not be tensed.I dont really see it affecting dv winners.My only fear is that they dont start delaying the issuance of visa by placing people on administrative processing for background checks and all that.But with God on our side i think there should be no cause for alarm.Just relax and be prayerful.

thank u my br, am only trying to immaging wat happen i believe it is well as my pastor told us today dat that wish we are hoping 4, God has already gone b4 us to prepare the ground 4 us we should just go and posses our possesion we will all b successful in JESUS NAME AMEN

thank u my br, am only trying to immaging wat happen i believe it is well as my pastor told us today dat that wish we are hoping 4, God has already gone b4 us to prepare the ground 4 us we should just go and posses our possesion we will all b successful in JESUS NAME AMEN

Shinadave,
Now I can see you are now attuned to the belief of this forum. Here we do not think any thing short of success and you have been around long enough to see how the success stories keep coming.
This I know applies to every.

Shinadave,
Now I can see you are now attuned to the belief of this forum. Here we do not think any thing short of success and you have been around long enough to see how the success stories keep coming.
This I know applies to every.

weel i belive it is well let us all full of prayer

Petit,
Yeah all we need is really more prayers and I know by the grace of God we carry is mercies upon us and when we finally go for our interview the cant help but favour us.

We should stop panicking, the interview will go normal.

hppy winners

Hey everyone'
So nice to be here once more on this thread. I ve been on this thread way back since 06' Whr is all d founders of ths thread. Dv 07 sctn. Baba Agba. n all.
I wnt to wish every one a hppy xmas n Good New yr. ahead. So if anyone is coming to US wth DV. Pls know tht God is ur streangth n He will nt let u down. Prayer is d only key.

Dv200719xxxx

happy new year in advance

hello house. Hope you are all doing well dis season.just to wish you all a wonderfull new year ahead. And to those of us who will soon be current verry soon. The new year will bring forth joy to our heart

Brothers and sisters happy new year in advance.

KCC told me my interview has been scheduled 3rd week of February.Please i need your prayers as we all still pray for others.
thanks!!!!

Hello guy, how are doing. I hope those who are current for the first week of January are getting ready to share with their success stories. I am current for second week of January and I will appreciate it, if the whole house can help those of us current for January in prayer cause it's the master key. Success is ours in Jesus name. Amen

Just do your thing

No one should be bothered by the recent event of terrorism that was perpetrated by a bastard Nigerian, US will not witch-hunt anyone because of that except all that were involved, even the Afghans have special visas they issue to them to come to the US, just do your thing and be prayerful, it's well. We have disassociated ourselves from him and he learnt all that from abroad not in Nigeria. SO JUST DO YOUR THING. HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE .