• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Hi, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to each and every member of the house. May we celebrate the birth of christ with gratitude for what he has done in our lives.

phill

Phil you can say that again.
We cant even thank HIM enough for all that He has done in our lives.
Merry Christmas and 2010 full of Celebrations in the House.

@petit and @cooldude06_78, thanks very much for your concern but is there any way I can make the correction on that since kcc said every information should be forwarded to the embassy now.

NL Got to KCC 25/June via FEDEX
Started medicals: 09/Dec/2009
Completed Medicals: Waiting
2nd NL recieved: 23/12/2009
Interview: successful--------awaiting

Hi guys, guess what? i just received my Green card through the mail today. I'm surprised it came so soon because their welcome letter that came last week said i should wait till end of this Month. wow, I'm happy. i Hope the social security comes soon too. i pray every thing works out smoothly for everyone in the house.
Love you Guys

Phill
ATLANTA, GA

CASE NO: 2010AF000010**
NL Received 28th march 2009
sent to KCC 5th/ April/ 2009
2nd NL received on 14/9/09
Appointment for medicals 30/09/2009
Medicals started & completed on 1st/10/2009
Medical results collected on 2nd/10/2009
Interview scheduled for 19th Oct. 2009
Interview successful on the 19th/10/2009
VISA to be picked up on Thursday 29th/10/2009
VISA PICKED UP AT 4:14PM ON 29TH/10/2009
DEPARTED FOR THE STATES AT 2AM/ 27TH/ NOV. 2009.
PORT OF ENTRY: NEW YORK JFK INTERNATIONAL AIR PORT.
RESIDENCE: ATLANTA,GEORGIA
GREEN CARD RECEIVED - 22N- DECEMBER-2009

-----------------------------
Our help is in the name of the LORD PS.124:8

@ Phil,we are happy that things are working out well for you and appreciate the fact that you still come in here to give us updates.
You are in for more pleasant surprises.
To all the house members,the very best of the season.
And for those of us that are still waiting for their interview,...it shall come to pass...

Hi, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to each and every member of the house. May we celebrate the birth of christ with gratitude for what he has done in our lives.

phill

Phil,

we are happy for you, things are really working very fast for you.

Keep the flag flying, less i forget merry christmans and a "super"-wonderful 2010.

phill

Phil,

Keep the flag flying, less i forget merry christmans and a "super"-wonderful 2010.

For this wonderful family - i hail una, plenty of successes will come our way now and in 2010. Amem

phill

Phil,

Keep the flag flying, less i forget, merry christmans and a "super"-wonderful 2010.

For this wonderful family - i hail una, plenty of successes will come our way now and in 2010. Amem

phill

Phil,

Hi guys, guess what? i just received my Green card through the mail today. I'm surprised it came so soon because their welcome letter that came last week said i should wait till end of this Month. wow, I'm happy. i Hope the social security comes soon too. i pray every thing works out smoothly for everyone in the house.
Love you Guys

Phill
ATLANTA, GA

GREEN CARD RECEIVED - 22N- DECEMBER-2009

Hi Phil, glad to read that everything is falling into place for you. To God be the glory and may he continue to shine his grace on you.

Thanks for your updates, always refreshing to read. Do tell us your church experience when you can.

Wish you a splendid Christmas.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Phil.
My interview is schedule for the second week of January, I want to find out if its compulsory to take reference letters from all my former employers that I stated in my forms to the embassy or just the currect one. Please any one with the experience should help. Thanks

CN: 2010AF00002xxx
NL dated: 20th of March 2009
NL received: 8th July 2009
Returned forms: 15th July 2009
confirmed delivery 17th Sept 2009
2nd NL received: 8th Dec 2009
Started medicals: 14th Dec 2009
Visa interview: Still waiting

@petit and @cooldude06_78, thanks very much for your concern but is there any way I can make the correction on that since kcc said every information should be forwarded to the embassy now.

I don't think it's a big deal, I also filled out my name instead of Husband's who's the Primary applicant, but it never came up. It's an honest mistake, so I don't think they will make a big deal out of it.

@Daima, thanks very much for you comment. I will add it to prayer for it not to be a problem.

Wishing the whole forum-mates Merry Christmas and Happy New year in Advance. May 2010 be our year of happiness and successful interviews.

Police certificate from India

Hi all,

I am one of the lucky winners of DV2010, waiting for interview in couple of months. I lived in India for a year, which means I need a police certificate. However, I am currently living in Europe, and it says poilice certificate is not issued for foreigners who are not living in India at the moment.

Does this mean that I don't have to produce the police certificate? does any body have such experience? I am a bit confused here, and any help would be appreciated

lome

Hi, Guys i just introduced a new member to the family, her user name is benadet, please do help her when you can and when she is in need of help. she's got her interview on the first week of January.
Thanks

Phill
Atlanta, Ga

RESIDENCE: ATLANTA,GA

Congratulations Phil.
My interview is schedule for the second week of January, I want to find out if its compulsory to take reference letters from all my former employers that I stated in my forms to the embassy or just the currect one. Please any one with the experience should help. Thanks

CN: 2010AF00002xxx
NL dated: 20th of March 2009
NL received: 8th July 2009
Returned forms: 15th July 2009
confirmed delivery 17th Sept 2009
2nd NL received: 8th Dec 2009
Started medicals: 14th Dec 2009
Visa interview: Still waiting

Rumuky- You dont need any reference letter not even from the present employer. All that you need are your letters of employment.

This is my personal opionion, please.

hi

hi friend, pls am just a nwe member of htis great forum. i won a dv 2010 lottery and i am entering for my interview by january 9th. please i really need ur help.
firstly, i i am a graduate of applied chemistry but i dont know weither to concentrate on my higher level stuff or O level for the interview.pls. i want u to gist me of likely questions the use to ask at that interview.
secondly, am goig there as a single because and some one told me that as a single i dont need affidavit of support. so i only put the address of one my aunt there without any affidavit. please is that right?
thirdly i will like to have an advise on the preparation for the interview please
May God help u too.

hi friend, pls am just a nwe member of htis great forum. i won a dv 2010 lottery and i am entering for my interview by january 9th. please i really need ur help.
firstly, i i am a graduate of applied chemistry but i dont know weither to concentrate on my higher level stuff or O level for the interview.pls. i want u to gist me of likely questions the use to ask at that interview.
secondly, am goig there as a single because and some one told me that as a single i dont need affidavit of support. so i only put the address of one my aunt there without any affidavit. please is that right?
thirdly i will like to have an advise on the preparation for the interview please
May God help u too.

cerhead, the solution to your questions can be found in this thread. It's not far, just from the October entries.

1. You may need both certificates during your interview. Don't just send only the higher qualification unless there is something that prevent you from sending the O/Level.
2. I think it's almost late to get an affidavit. If you can contact your aunt to get one for you, it will be fine. It doesn't need to be the original, she can fax it to you. Since you are single, they may prbably not ask you about it.
3. Scan through all the post in this thread starting from October and you will find some wnners interview questions and experiences. It will also guide you on your preparation.

May God help u too.

Hi cerhead, Merry Christmas and hope you are doing great. about your need for help,
firstly it is obvious your most recent qualifications or level of education will give you more chances to qualify for the VISA. and besides that, you have to take proves of both levels of education to your interview since you indicated on your application form that you have attained those levels of education.
secondly, if you have received your interview letter, it is clearly stated there that you do not need any financial assistance from the US or where ever for the DV, so the affidavit of support if out of question.
thirdly and lastly, regarding preparations for your interview, just be prepared to defend any questions you are being asked. be it regarding your academics or general questions. but the most important way to prepare is to pray and commit every thing in the hands of God, through whom all will be well. wish you the best my friend.

Phill
ATLANTA, GA

GREEN CARD RECEIVED: 22ND DECEMBER 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:
May God help u too.

Cerhead,
You are at the right place, you interview is quite close so I will suggest you go thru the 2008 and 2009 thread and all your questions will be answered.
You have to be really fast about this.
Merry Christmas and the good Lord will crown you with victory come January 9th.
I guess alll documents are ready though?

Cerhead,
You are at the right place, you interview is quite close so I will suggest you go thru the 2008 and 2009 thread and all your questions will be answered.
You have to be really fast about this.
Merry Christmas and the good Lord will crown you with victory come January 9th.
I guess alll documents are ready though?

@phluck
hi.What is the update from KCC? I mailed them last them last week and was told to call or mail back after 7-10days time.