• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

I thank everybody who are on this thread who comtributed greatly by prayers and advice in different ways towards I and my family's succesful interview. I want to inform you that God really proved himself for us. With this confident in my heart I wish to inform all of you who are yet to go for their interview to wait on the Lord and believe in him, He will surely do for you as he has done for me. TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

I will post my experience after now.

Big Congratulations... House awaits your testimony.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

...Since the DV Lottery runs for 1 year and can't be carried over into another year, Can a DV 2010 visa lottery winner apply for the DV 2011 lottery?

What are the implications for a DV 2010 lottery winner whose number will probably be current around the time KCC is sending out 1st NL's to DV 2011 lottery winners?

If by some wild chance this is known and comes up during the visa interview, are there any negative implications or consequences?

Petit and Gasper 2000, thanks for your prompt response to my enquiry. Bammyrichie, what's your take on this? Other members of this great house, what do you think?

The House of Representatives on Saturday night passed a sweeping health care bill by a vote of 220-215.
I think this is some good news for us. I just hope the senate will do same.

As the new week is about to begin, I wish all that will going for interviews success.

Petit and Gasper 2000, thanks for your prompt response to my enquiry. Bammyrichie, what's your take on this? Other members of this great house, what do you think?

SIR, a dv winner 4 d current fiscal year can apply again 4 d next year. no problem, no consequence but u only have problem when u applied twice 4d same year (double entry). dat is when u winner wit 1 entry and d other one is discovery then u will be denied.
I will like 2 advice those winners with high case number to apply now for 2011.
Hope this will help.

Hi guys congrats to modley guys I have a few questions iS it true u can't take only ur degree certificate dat u also need ur transcipts cos that is wat the CO wud use to translate ur results to their standard cos schools don't give transcripts to students also is it true dat u have to have 14000 dollars in ur own acc if ur parents r goin to sponsor u if u are not gettin a AOS I am not plannin to AOS am just goin to get my dad to giv me the docs nd he wud be my sponsor since am single. Pls guys contribute also guys that just had their interviews cos of their recent experience.

hi solanoil, pls read past thread, it will help u guys alot.
U don't really need ur transcript at d embassy during ur interview but where ur original certificate is not available just like u said that u are not through yet and d highest qualification u select is university then get d transcript to show as an evidence.
6 month after d visa is issue it becomes invalid if u did not travel b4 then but it can be extend based on some very important reason so this is my advise to u, when is ur interview? Just collect d transcript at whatever level u are now and travel when u get to d state, d sch u apply to will convert ur transcrit to their own level and u can start frm there.
As for the AOS. if u are single u don't need it and ur parent in naija don't have to have a certain amount in their amount b4 u can travel and they can't be ur spönsor in d state, u need someone their help do dat 4u.

Hi guys congrats to modley guys I have a few questions iS it true u can't take only ur degree certificate dat u also need ur transcipts cos that is wat the CO wud use to translate ur results to their standard cos schools don't give transcripts to students also is it true dat u have to have 14000 dollars in ur own acc if ur parents r goin to sponsor u if u are not gettin a AOS I am not plannin to AOS am just goin to get my dad to giv me the docs nd he wud be my sponsor since am single. Pls guys contribute also guys that just had their interviews cos of their recent experience.

hi solanoil, pls read past thread, it will help u guys alot.
U don't really need ur transcript at d embassy during ur interview but where ur original certificate is not available just like u said that u are not through yet and d highest qualification u select is university then get d transcript to show as an evidence.
6 month after d visa is issue it becomes invalid if u did not travel b4 then but it can be extend based on some very important reason so this is my advise to u, when is ur interview? Just collect d transcript at whatever level u are now and travel when u get to d state, d sch u apply to will convert ur transcrit to their own level and u can start frm there.
As for the AOS. if u are single u don't need it and ur parent in naija don't have to have a certain amount in their amount b4 u can travel and they can't be ur spönsor in d state, u need someone their help do dat 4u.

The House of Representatives on Saturday night passed a sweeping health care bill by a vote of 220-215.
I think this is some good news for us. I just hope the senate will do same.

As the new week is about to begin, I wish all that will going for interviews success.

@ Phluck, this is really encouraging and a great news indeed.

hello HOUSE,
pls can any one in d house guide me on what next to do. I have not received my second
Nl and my case number is reflecting in the December cutoff for those elected for interview.
How do i or what do .

hello HOUSE,
pls can any one in d house guide me on what next to do. I have not received my second
Nl and my case number is reflecting in the December cutoff for those elected for interview.
How do i or what do .

Email kccdv@state.gov to know your date of interview. That will suffice in enabling you commence your medicals. Goodluck

hello HOUSE,
How do i or what do .

Hi Ruchi33, email Kcc 2get ur interview date, wit dat u can continue wit ur processing. Make sure u include ur date of birth and ur case number at the top of ur msg.

Please i have a question. I applied Dv 2011 for my brother who is married, but i did not includ his wife in his application.then i later applied for his wife and includ him in her application.do you guys think it will disqualify both entries?

Please i have a question. I applied Dv 2011 for my brother who is married, but i did not includ his wife in his application.then i later applied for his wife and includ him in her application.do you guys think it will disqualify both entries?

That really was a grave omission and a contradiction in that in the EDV form, the column is there that bears the question marital status and even number of childen.They might not actually disqualify them for the computer random selection.But if the man wins, there will definitely be a case during the interview.So it is better the wife wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's a bad mistake. Hope his wife would be the winner, if not, you're putting them into a big problem

Ok my brothers thank you so much for you reply.the wife doesnt want to go.she no like yankee,but the husband wish to win. she only allowed me apply for her just to increase the husband chance of winning.i only ask to be sure difference in the entry wont disqualify both entries.any way thanks for your replies i'm highly gratefull.

Can anybody tell me more about the continuation or forwardin of credits from a university here in naija to any university in usa...as i already said,,i'll b in final year by December and visa only expire in 6 monthz....as a final year student wot level will i be if my school send the transcript to the university i choose wen i get to states or will i start form the first level again...plz guyz i nid ur opinionz....thkz

If you want to transfer. You have to submit an application to your chosen unversity as a Transfer student. Have your university, submit your transcript to the university you want to want to go to. Your transcript is the list of classes and grades you made at your current university. Make sure your transcript is sealed in an evelope and there is a university stamp between the envelope seal so it shows it has not been tampered with. If not, most university wont accept it.

You should apply as a Transfer student Not a new student. Depending on your degree, transferring might take you back couple of years. In my department (college of engineering), transfer students usually go back to sophomore year( 200-level) except Masters students. It would take about three years or less to graduate. Your degree would determine how much time it would take. If you are a business major transferring graduating can take between 2 years or less, some science courses are like that too (Bachelors of science in biology, chemistry...). The reason why college of engineering may take longer is because they only teach some required classes once a year and most of them are prerequisite for the next class, so you have to take them with your class or wait a whole year to take them. But with Accounting, Business Admin, Economics, all courses are taught every semester, so you can easily adjust and finish all your prerequisite in time for the next level. Some degrees are taught at graduate level, i.e you have to have a Bsc First...e.g. Medicine, Physical therapy, Law and some others i cant remember. If you were a Medical student or Law student in Nigeria. You cant directly transfer to be a medical student. You have to finish a Bsc in (medical related course) and then take entrance qualification exams before you are accepted.

You can also PM me for more info, .....

Since you will be a permanent resident, you may qualify for financial aid. For in state tuition you might have to wait or reside in that area for a little bit to qualify. Qualifying for in state tuition is very important because it would reduce your fees from out of state which is the same as international student fees. I hope this helps :)

It's optional....

there are have been cases when a man wins and the wife might not be ready to migrate wt the spouse but what u dont wanna say is that i dont have money to take her now... that's a sign of irresponsibility to the CO, it wont disqualify him but when filling the DS-230 u have to put all ur info. that's where the problem might come. Best wishes.