• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

We'll all hav a cause by GOD's GRACE to rejoice wit our already STAMPED AMERICAN VISA ON OUR NIGERIAN PASSPORT. Ameen.

phil congrat!!!!!!!!, million times l pray almighty GOD will use your own as a point of contact to answer our own prayer too o, the wahala too much, and l am sure it will not be in vain. cause my Bible tells me that, " THOSE THAT WAIT UPON THE LORD SHALL RENEW THEIR STRENGHT.................." we will all rejoice at the end.

I am a DV 2010 winner, I'm a Nigerian and was born in Cameroon but now lives in Nigeria. When i played the lottery I entered Nigeria as my place of birth, and also in my e-passport is also Nigeria as a place of birth. But my birth certificate is a cameroonian one, because that was my actual place of birth.

Now my question is: where and how can I acquire a birth certificate here in Nigeria to show that I was born in Nigeria as it is in my initial DV entry and my e-passport. I really appreciate the efforts of each and everyone in the house...Keep the ball rolling.

The participants of the American Visa Lottery are expressing doubts over the manner the American Embassy in Accra is dealing with them.

According to them the embassy is all out to deny some of them the chance of traveling to the United States of America (USA) without any tangible reason.

The Enquirer is reliably informed that some of the participants have planned to stage a demonstration at the Embassy building at Cantonments in Accra on Monday.

"We have paid $775 as visa fee and that money is quite heavy and now we are not hearing anything positive from the Embassy," one of them said.

Apart from that, the group told The Enquirer that they had to spend another $300 on medical examination.

"We had to pay money for police report clearing us of any criminal records," they told The Enquirer.

According to them, Embassy officials are now trying to use DS230 part one and two of the form to disqualify some of them.

That part of the form requires that the applicant should under affidavit provide the addresses of the person who supports him or her.

The motive is that winners of the lottery would not have the necessary documents while in the United States unless after one month.

Again, the applicant should provide the address of the person to stay with while in the United States.

The argument of the embassy, according to the group, is that they provided different addresses and that is why they are being disqualified.

They, however, told Thy Enquirer that it is possible to have two or more people accommodating a person and another supporting that person.

"Are the Embassy officials trying to tell us that we do not know how to provide information?

"We think that there is ,something fishy somewhere and that must be addressed in earnest for them to do the right thing" they said.

They, therefore, called on the Minister of Foreign Affairs Alhaji Mohammed Mumuni to intervene to ensure that they are given the right deal.

"We are appealing to the government through the Foreign Affairs Minister to help us solve the issue," they said,

Source: Enquirer/Ghana

THIS ABOVO INFORMATION IS CULLED FROM GHANA TREAD, CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME PLS IF THIS IS ENOUGH OF A REASON TO REFUSE SOMEBODY A VISA, WHAT IF THE PERSON YOU INTEND TO STAY WITH IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE STATE AT THE TIME U INTEND TO TRAVEL OR U FELT THE KIND OF JOB THE PERSON IS DOING AND HIS STATEMENT OR INCOME WILL NOT QUALIFY HIM TO SPONSOR U OR UR LARGE FAMILY IF URE MORE THAN 1 PERSON? CAN SOMEBODY PLS HELP OUT. MAY GOD SAVE US O.

I am a DV 2010 winner, I'm a Nigerian and was born in Cameroon but now lives in Nigeria. When i played the lottery I entered Nigeria as my place of birth, and also in my e-passport is also Nigeria as a place of birth. But my birth certificate is a cameroonian one, because that was my actual place of birth.

Now my question is: where and how can I acquire a birth certificate here in Nigeria to show that I was born in Nigeria as it is in my initial DV entry and my e-passport. I really appreciate the efforts of each and everyone in the house...Keep the ball rolling.

go to the National Population Commission in the state where you live and find out from them what you need to do

Thank God.i'm happy for you.KONGRATULATNYOUR POSTAL BOX IN THE US HAD AN OMISSION OF ONE NUMBER, THAT WILL DEFINITELY CARRY YOUR GREEN CARD AND OTHER STUFFS TO SOMEONE ELSE' ADDRESS. HOWEVER, YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN OF IMMENSE ASSISTANCE TO ME. GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS US ALL. I CANT BELIEVE I'M GOING TO THE STATES. OHH YES! AMERICA HERE I COME "GOD BLESS AMERICA"
Phill

CASE NO: 2010AF000010**
NL Received 28th march 2009
sent to KCC 5th/ April/ 2009
2nd NL received on 14/9/09
Appointment for medicals 30/09/2009
Medicals started & completed on 1st/10/2009
Medical results collected on 2nd/10/2009
Interview scheduled for 19th Oct. 2009
Interview successful on the 19th/10/2009
VISA to be picked up on Thursday 29th/10/2009
VISA PICKED UP AT 4:14PM ON 29TH/10/2009

-----------------------------
Our help is in the name of the LORD PS.124:8
[/QUOTE]

Iboboy, you have to create your own signature.. the one used above is Phill's own.. Go to the User CP on the left hand side of the home page when you're logged in, you'll navigate in there to get u to edit your signature..Goodluck

@petit, thank you. @donsino, for N P C birth certificate .babs animashaun street beside NYSC secretariat, off bode thomas surulere,Lagos. Go with affidavit from high court and also with 2 passport photo and your international passport and 2,200 naira.good luck to you

Hi house, thanks for all the millions of congratulations, and for the spiritual and moral support. ''God is witth us all ''
Phill

CASE NO: 2010AF000010**
NL Received 28th march 2009
sent to KCC 5th/ April/ 2009
2nd NL received on 14/9/09
Appointment for medicals 30/09/2009
Medicals started & completed on 1st/10/2009
Medical results collected on 2nd/10/2009
Interview scheduled for 19th Oct. 2009
Interview successful on the 19th/10/2009
VISA to be picked up on Thursday 29th/10/2009
VISA PICKED UP AT 4:14PM ON 29TH/10/2009

-----------------------------
Our help is in the name of the LORD PS.124:8 [/QUOTE]

@petit, thank you. @donsino, for N P C birth certificate .babs animashaun street beside NYSC secretariat, off bode thomas surulere,Lagos. Go with affidavit from high court and also with 2 passport photo and your international passport and 2,200 naira.good luck to you

Petit and Iboboy...thanks for your instant reply, I will do just that.

AOS adjustment of status. you adjust status if ure already living in u s. CP consular processing, you pass thru this at any consular office overseas

Last edited by a moderator:
@esther, thanks but i think it also means AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!!
I ' m so happy for you senator.i pray soonest our own will come.
Remember to pray for us 2.

Tee

My people I have a question for you.
I hear of this affidavit of support? who need it. I am married with 2 kids. Pls do I need it? and if I do how do I get one.

inquiry

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN DECEMBER

AFRICA 17,800

Except:
Egypt: 9,100
Ethiopia: 9,000
Nigeria: 10,400
@ petit,thanks for the good work .please,kindly send me ur mail id or phone so dat i can confirm some things from yu.i pray dat this will work out fine for everyone in the house...

men u really need it, u either get it 4rm the person u use his add. in form ds 230 prt 1 or if ure financially capable here, u can present the proof.

My people I have a question for you.
I hear of this affidavit of support? who need it. I am married with 2 kids. Pls do I need it? and if I do how do I get one.

Affidavit of Support

Purpose of Form: To show that visa applicants have sponsorship and will not become public charges while in the United States. The sponsor must file a separate affidavit for each applicant.
Number of Pages: Form: 2 pages. Instructions: 3 pages.
Where to File: You must sign Form I-134 in your full name. (Note: Signing Form I-135 is under penalty of perjury under U.S. law). For this reason, it is not necessary to sign Form I-134 before a notary, nor to have your signature notarize after you sign it.

I have read it somewhere in one of those threads that you have enough money to prove to them that you have sufficient funds to take care of yourself and family, i think that should be okay.

Goodluck

Thanks for your assistance for all on here, i gave your number to someone who needed your assistance on the AOS stuff and am happy to reead your answer concerning that issue God bless your Brain