• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

My Guy dotman, I just dey. I'm having some problems. I'm troubled by some issues. I'm a Nigerian studying abroad. Last Sunday 03 January 2010 my apartment was opened and thoroughly searched by some persons I do not know. The search was conducted in my absence. In the process the perpetrators gained access to all my classified information/ documents including that of DV2010.

I was very surprised when I came in and saw what happened. And because the lock was not broken but rather opened with, may be a duplicate key then I sensed it was a carefully planned operation.

So the following morning I went to make a complain to the House owner (Landlord), since he as well lives in the same house as me. Behold, he could not tell me any tangible thing. He rather started asking me if there is any other person that has the key to my apartment. In fact going by the way he responded to me, I sensed he's an accomplice.

So I went to the police with the aim of making a report but the police too could not tell me anything tangible. So I sensed the police was an accomplice too. This, coupled with the fact that the police wouldn't allow me to make a written complain/ report about the incident. They rather repeated the statement of the Land lord, "does any other person has the key to your apartment?" Even when I started crying at the police station, all the police could tell me was for me to go back to my room that there's no problem. Can you imagine?

dotman and my other brothers and sisters in the house, to tell the truth, I don't know the reason why they did such a thing, or probably it has anything to do with the recent terror attempt in a U.S Plane by a Nigerian. As I'm a Nigerian too. However, I was neither summoned nor arrested after the search because I have a clean slate. I'm only a poor student studying abroad. One thing that surprised me at their action is that I've been living in this country for some years now. And since my arrival here I've been law abiding. I've never had any cause to visit the police statation. However, I'm still trying to ascertain why the search was conducted.

And of course a lot of my friends who knew I was selected are actually not happy or should I say, comfortable with me before this recent incident. And because all my personal information/ bio-data regarding my DV2010 were kind of compromised in the process, I had to write to KCC informing them what happened and that I've also reported the matter to the police.

It's about three days that I wrote and I haven't received any response from KCC in that regard. My people, I seem to be losing hope in the DV2010.

Please, my people I need advice. Am I right to have reported the issue to KCC or not? Will the incident affect my chances? I'm kind of confused.

Again why I've not been very active here is that I'm in my final year and I'm tied down with academic work. In fact a lot is happening to me in this country and the whole thing is almost driving me crazy. Life abroad is not easy, especially when it's not a Western country where there is strong respect for the rule of law and the fundamental freedoms and rights of the individual. Apologies to everyone.

My people this na my case ooo. I need advise now.

hey sorry man.....but still you never know or rather you arent sure who did that for you....it can be a friend since you mentioned bout them not being happy after you were selected ....or the police or just a thief ......you said they gained access to you dv data did they take anything?.....if they did report if they did not still report to KCC coz you know they can contact KCC....stay put secure your DV data can see your number is a almost current...

happy new year to the house!!! How is everyone doing this new year? Been out of town, i miss you all, will be more active now.. Looking forward to reading more success stories.

petit where are u now? We need to talk?ur lines are noty available.......................

@Izi by the grace of God all is well, i think it is a good thing you informed KCC of this unfortunate incident,i hope you included your present place of abode in your form -230,all i will suggest to you is that you should try and obtain police report from that country as soon as possible.Try and contact Nigerian embassy in that Country as well informing them of your situation,they need to help you in getting the police to provide you with a formal report as to the incident and then you are jolly covered.Forget about speculating as to whom much have done this, it is not everybody that will be happy that you were selected in the DV program,am sure you understand the fact that somebody who have been residing abroad for donkey years without proper papers will not celebrate your DV success due to obvious reason,so do not concern yourself with that, you need not to give up on this dream because your moment of triumph is just around the corner,here is wishing you all the best in your exams.Be Strong. It is well.

@IZI
sorry for such a situation.writing to KCC was a good step.Just wait for their response.It is saddening such a thing also happen abroad.But where did you tell kcc you were going to have your interview;lagos or the country?
I am also thinking of you making this incidence to our embassy over there;they might be of help you never can tell.All the same commit everything to God,He started it and He will finish it.Accept my sympathy.

Yeah gasper2000, thank you very much. I got KCC response today. It's positive. After which the writer said KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers below 14,000 for my region ... Like you rightly adviced I've committed everything to God. Whatever happens let God take control. Let his will be done. I've always had my fears. Thanks once again brother.

When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies,and seest horses,and chariots,and a people more than thou,be not afraid of them:for the lord thy God is with thee,which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.Therefore i say unto you my dear brother Izi and also Waheed1 and every other members of this house, Hear o people,Ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies:let not your heart faint,fear not,and do not tremble,neither be ye terrified because of them;For the Lord thy God is He that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies,to save you(Deut 20:1,3-4) .I will implore you to be strong Izi that is people for you,NOTHING CAN STOP YOU IN THE ACTUALIZATION OF YOUR DREAM. Will you be coming back home for your interview?, if so make sure you get a police report from that Country.THIS DREAM IS FOR ALL OF US NOTHING CAN STOP US.Cheers,buddy that how will be greeting each other by this time next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Izi by the grace of God all is well, i think it is a good thing you informed KCC of this unfortunate incident,i hope you included your present place of abode in your form -230,all i will suggest to you is that you should try and obtain police report from that country as soon as possible.Try and contact Nigerian embassy in that Country as well informing them of your situation,they need to help you in getting the police to provide you with a formal report as to the incident and then you are jolly covered.Forget about speculating as to whom much have done this, it is not everybody that will be happy that you were selected in the DV program,am sure you understand the fact that somebody who have been residing abroad for donkey years without proper papers will not celebrate your DV success due to obvious reason,so do not concern yourself with that, you need not to give up on this dream because your moment of triumph is just around the corner,here is wishing you all the best in your exams.Be Strong. It is well.

Thanks dotman. KCC responded today and it's positive. However, I do not know how it's going to be during the interview. Another difficulty might be getting the police report here. That's the reason I've been going to the police station to clear myself. Up till now I've neither been arrested nor querried. And they didn't even tell me the reason why they came to search my aprtment. In fact police denied ever coming to search my aprtment. But I know they were used to do that.

It's like this because one of the guys is married to a native. You know, I've always had my fears all along until it finally came. Let God take control.

When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies,and seest horses,and chariots,and a people more than thou,be not afraid of them:for the lord thy God is with thee,which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.Therefore i say unto you my dear brother Izi and also Waheed1 and every other members of this house, Hear o people,Ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies:let not your heart faint,fear not,and do not tremble,neither be ye terrified because of them;For the Lord thy God is He that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies,to save you(Deut 20:1,3-4) .I will implore you to be strong Izi that is people for you,NOTHING CAN STOP YOU IN THE ACTUALIZATION OF YOUR DREAM. Will you be coming back home for your interview?, if so make sure you get a police report from that Country.THIS DREAM IS FOR ALL OF US NOTHING CAN STOP US.Cheers,buddy that how will be greeting each other by this time next year.

I indicated to have my interview here but if I'm not current for the Month of March that would mean I've change where I'll have my interview to U.S. Embassy in Lagos. By his Grace I shall graduate in March and come back to Nigeria. Thanks dotman. It's well in Jesus name.

Nigerian embassy

Thanks dotman. KCC responded today and it's positive. However, I do not know how it's going to be during the interview. Another difficulty might be getting the police report here. That's the reason I've been going to the police station to clear myself. Up till now I've neither been arrested nor querried. And they didn't even tell me the reason why they came to search my aprtment. In fact police denied ever coming to search my aprtment. But I know they were used to do that.

It's like this because one of the guys is married to a native. You know, I've always had my fears all along until it finally came. Let God take control.
Why don't you go through the Nigerian Embassy in that Country they might help,also you have to research how to get a Police report from there,it is very important factor during the interview.Izi check your pm, i have send you a message get in touch.

Why don't you go through the Nigerian Embassy in that Country they might help,also you have to research how to get a Police report from there,it is very important factor during the interview.Izi check your pm, i have send you a message get in touch.

Yes, dotman I've responded. Check yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try u.s embassy

:
Yes, dotman I've responded. Checks yours.

got it.I pray we should be current for march as this will be a great boost for you considering the situation of things,look Izi God is aware that this situation will arise,the second thing i will ask you to do is also to go through the U.S embassy website in that Country am sure it will contain information as to how you can obtain Police report.:cool:

:

got it.I pray we should be current for march as this will be a great boost for you considering the situation of things,look Izi God is aware that this situation will arise,the second thing i will ask you to do is also to go through the U.S embassy website in that Country am sure it will contain information as to how you can obtain Police report.:cool:

dotman I thought u asked me to e-mail you for the both of to exchange e-mails right?

:

i have send u an email

Please read other threads on this forum as well as the Nigerian thread, it will be very useful to you. Where did you choose to be interviewed? If you chose london, i think you can be interviewed in London and then after your case have been approved, your wife can take a copy of your approval letter plus copy of visa page to the embassy in Nigeria for her interview(i am not sure about this, please check other threads and nigerian threads or email US embassy in nigeria for specific details, it might be in the asia thread or AOS thread i saw this not sure/cant remember exactly but i recall reading a similar case )

When you say last October do you mean October 2008 or October 2009?

I contacted US Embassy in london and i was told that because i am the primary applicant i shud have my interview in london and if my immigrant visa application is approved, my case will then be transfered to the embassy in nigeria for my wife to do her own part of the interview.

My interview is in 4 weeks time now and i'm yet to receive my second letter.

Also about the police certificate, i've applied for a police certificate here and i also have a fingerprinted policae certificate that i did when i came to nigeria in october 2009 with me. But a friend told me i will have to re-do the fingerprint here and send it to nigeria to get the certificate that they will not accept the one i did in nigeria. I dont how if this is true or not. Anybody in the house that have any idea(s) shud pls tell me what to do.

Cheers

There is no way two of them can have their interviews done separately, @ Ayo, why dont you come home for your interview?

I contacted US Embassy in london and i was told that because i am the primary applicant i shud have my interview in london and if my immigrant visa application is approved, my case will then be transfered to the embassy in nigeria for my wife to do her own part of the interview.

Also about the police certificate, i've applied for a police certificate here and i also have a fingerprinted policae certificate that i did when i came to nigeria in october 2009 with me. But a friend told me i will have to re-do the fingerprint here and send it to nigeria to get the certificate that they will not accept the one i did in nigeria. I dont how if this is true or not. Anybody in the house that have any idea(s) shud pls tell me what to do.

Cheers

Police certificate

Cheers

@ Ayoblack,as you reside in the U.k i will suggest you go through the Nigerian High Commission in London, they will help you to obtain the Police report,the previous one you had i think is only valid for six month, so look at the date you obtain the previous one if it is still within six month then you do not have to obtain a new one. I think the one you did in october last year is still valid till April;thank God your interview is due in February the nigerian police report is o.k as it is ,just ensure you have the one from U.K police.All the very best.:cool:

IZI,

Take it easy, you will be o.k, the Lord is your strenth. God must surely establish you in Jesus name--- and ur enemies shall be put to shame.

Visa bulletin

Phluck2,

Please is time for you to post your prediction, we are all waiting even KCC is still waiting for you.

IZI,

Take it easy, you will be o.k, the Lord is your strenth. God must surely establish you in Jesus name--- and ur enemies shall be put to shame.

I say a very big Amen to your prayers for me joequi. Thanks a million times. God is in control.